Couple Questions

Old May 8th 2007, 8:29 am
Just Joined

tri-88 will become famous soon enough
Default Couple Questions

Hey new here been looking about but still have 2 questions right now

1. when we get our PR (posative thinking :P) how long do we have before we have to go or is it an open endded thing ?

2. Being a typical boy i like my computer games so would my TV PS2 and PS3 wrk over there or is it a case of sell them and hope i can get them when i go there

Cheers hope i'v not missed the answers else where
Old May 8th 2007, 8:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple Questions

Originally Posted by tri-88

1. when we get our PR (posative thinking :P) how long do we have before we have to go or is it an open endded thing ?

2. Being a typical boy i like my computer games so would my TV PS2 and PS3 wrk over there or is it a case of sell them and hope i can get them when i go there

The PS2 certainly works here. We use a plug adaptor as I don't fancy cutting off the transformer thingy and replacing it with a plug: if it was meant to run off a plug, it would have a plug eh?.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:38 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

1. I think it's one year you have to get to NZ.

2. You have a PS3 ???? nah won't work, sell it to me for peanuts
Old May 8th 2007, 8:45 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

PS2 games should work but DVDs are region coded so won't play. (unless you chip the macine)

You might have to feed the sound through the hi-fi as some PS2s go mute on NZ televisions. (Different PAL systems)

If you are also bringing a TV with you then the above won't be a problem.

Last edited by Avid; May 8th 2007 at 8:56 am.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:46 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
The PS2 certainly works here. We use a plug adaptor as I don't fancy cutting off the transformer thingy and replacing it with a plug: if it was meant to run off a plug, it would have a plug eh?.
The games play ok?

Mine must be broken
Old May 8th 2007, 8:49 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
The games play ok?

Mine must be broken
Works OK so far........
Just wondering why it wouldn't?
Same machine, same games?
See, totally clueless when it comes to technology - surprised I can even play the bloody thing sometimes!
Old May 8th 2007, 8:50 am

Works OK so far........
Just wondering why it wouldn't?
Same machine, same games?
See, totally clueless when it comes to technology - surprised I can even play the bloody thing sometimes!
You have a UK PS2 connected to a NZ TV?

Last edited by Avid; May 8th 2007 at 9:00 am.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:03 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Avid
You have a UK PS2 connected to a NZ TV?

Yes - new TV once we got here
Old May 8th 2007, 9:08 am

Well...how queer....

OP ought to bring them both out then...
Old May 8th 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Professional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to all

I have an Australian PS2 connected to my UK TV here in the UK - no problems at all. Plays all UK and Australian bought games fine too. The regional encoding is set for the place you bought your system - so playing films you bought in NZ maybe a problem - but u can get a disc you insert 1st to unlock all regions.
But if you can sell for a reasonable price here - you would be better saving on shipping xtra crap - nd buy a decent 2nd hand one there from trademe
Old May 8th 2007, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Firstly i'd like to say sorry for my spelling i was running late for uni but wanted to ask the important things. I think i'll be bringing my TV and PS2 even if its just to be used together took me a while to get them and all my games.

The PS3 is a different story unless its a sure thing that game will work when i buy them in NZ since i'v not spent alot on games yet i'd just sell it here and use the money when i get over there.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Just thought of an other question not really all that important but what is the genral view on tattoos and piercings in New Zealand. I'm "very" (in some peoples eyes) pierced so used to some down looking as the UK isn't great for them but is NEw Zealand as laid back about them as everything else they seam to be or are they a big no no

Cheers Tri
Old May 8th 2007, 11:08 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Don't worry. The "looks-like-you-fell-face-first-into-a-tackle-box" look is well and truly okay here as well. But why anyone does it is beyond me.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

our PS 2 works too on a NZ tv...we just bought a new cable from dick smiths as it fitted into the machine ok

We have a multi region DVD player which we bought here that plays our UK DVDS and our ones bought here and from oz
Old May 8th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Just thought of an other question not really all that important but what is the genral view on tattoos and piercings in New Zealand. I'm "very" (in some peoples eyes) pierced so used to some down looking as the UK isn't great for them but is NEw Zealand as laid back about them as everything else they seam to be or are they a big no no

Cheers Tri
Tattoos here are fine, you see loads here particularly on the Maoris and also the non maoris....am guessing depending on your job then it would also depend on how visible they are, for example I had a friend who went to teach english in Japan for a year and she has a fairly large tattoo on her back, now she was told tattoos were a no no totally but as she kept hers covered up in work then it wasnt an issue

Piercings, again you see lots around but the same would probably apply about the job again

hope this helps a little

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.