Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A coupla or 3 question to do we movement of things and miscellaneous..

A coupla or 3 question to do we movement of things and miscellaneous..

Old May 26th 2008, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

fired50 will become famous soon enoughfired50 will become famous soon enough
Default A coupla or 3 question to do we movement of things and miscellaneous..

Hi

Sorry if this appears a bit disjointed and abrupt. Hope nobod minds bullet points?

- I'm a Brit moving to Auckland in about 7weeks. I'm living in Abu Dhabi at the mo. Does anybod know of good/trustworthy mid/east moving companies?

- Selling large parts of our posessions presently. We have an excellent dishwasher and washing machine - better to sell here, and buy there, or ship over?

- can we rent a decent place near Pakarange for 300 dollars or less?

- Are house prices really dropping and would it be better to hang on and buy in 6 - 9 months?

- Any info about reputable creshes in or near Pakaranga area would be appreciated.

Many thanks and sorry if my questions have been answered previous to this and I just have not, as yet, found suitable responses.

Thanka

GC
Old May 26th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: A coupla or 3 question to do we movement of things and miscellaneous..

Hi GC, try this for the houses to rent http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...5000&x=71&y=12. Will give some indication as to what there is available. List of childcare centres http://www.finda.co.nz/business/ace/...education/map/. Sorry, dont have any first hand knowledge of these. Good luck
Old May 26th 2008, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

maremac is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: A coupla or 3 question to do we movement of things and miscellaneous..

I also have a similar question-
Moving to Christchurch for 6m sabbatical with hubby and three teenagers.
Most rental houses seem to be unfurnished. Are there any firms/websites that offer furniture rental packages? Don't fancy rushing around trying to
buy stuff for a whole household then sell it all again so soon!
Any info would be appreciated!
Old May 26th 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all
Default Re: A coupla or 3 question to do we movement of things and miscellaneous..

Originally Posted by maremac
Most rental houses seem to be unfurnished. Are there any firms/websites that offer furniture rental packages? Don't fancy rushing around trying to
not that I know of when we arrived we bought the minimal stuff beds, fridges, hired washing machine etc etc, doubled and tripled up on stuff that was shipping over not making same mistake when we return to NZ. As far as I know most rentals are unfurnished. Try contacting letting agents to get the run down. Such as Harcourts and Lodge and other real estate agents in your given area.

The rest I am not sure about . Goodluck.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fired50
Hi

Sorry if this appears a bit disjointed and abrupt. Hope nobod minds bullet points?

- I'm a Brit moving to Auckland in about 7weeks. I'm living in Abu Dhabi at the mo. Does anybod know of good/trustworthy mid/east moving companies?

- Selling large parts of our posessions presently. We have an excellent dishwasher and washing machine - better to sell here, and buy there, or ship over?

- can we rent a decent place near Pakarange for 300 dollars or less?

- Are house prices really dropping and would it be better to hang on and buy in 6 - 9 months?

- Any info about reputable creshes in or near Pakaranga area would be appreciated.

Many thanks and sorry if my questions have been answered previous to this and I just have not, as yet, found suitable responses.

Thanka

GC
Wouldn't buy just yet haven't dropped that much some still holding prices so hang on in there for a couple of months but familiarises yourselves with the amrket when you arrive and keep checking out open homes.

Childcare...pre school care not organised the same way here as UK, very hard to get full time pre school care takes a lot of juggling if parents working fulltime. Maybe pu this question out as a thread of its own??

Can't help with the other stuff, sorry...look up local real estate agents for rental s etc?

What are you doing in Abu Dhabi, have a good friend out there teaching at the mo?
Old May 27th 2008, 12:02 am
Just Joined

fired50 will become famous soon enoughfired50 will become famous soon enough

Thanks one and all.

Yep, teaching also in Abu Dhabi. It's V Hot at the mo.
Old May 27th 2008, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Try, mr rental, you can rent everything from them,good luck
Old May 27th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice

http://www.dtreasirent.co.nz/index.cfm/home

Used these guys when we were in NZ, between the time of the container leaving and us leaving, just meant we could stay in our home in NZ longer and then more or less when we arrived back in the uk so did our container.
Old May 28th 2008, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

maremac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all,

Will contact and see what can be arranged- headache gone!