Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Countdown....stupid, stupid, stupid

Countdown....stupid, stupid, stupid

Old Feb 25th 2012, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Countdown....stupid, stupid, stupid

Are kiwis really as stupid as the people at countdown supermarkets think they are or is are countdown just so arrogant that they just don't give a toss??

While shopping today I noticed that they have put the price of a pack of mince up by $1.00 since last week
but they have now put a big SPECIAL sticker on the pack and people are buying it by the trolley load.
Are kiwis so brainwashed that they just clear the shelf of anything with a yellow sticker on it regardless of what it is and
without questioning the price. Also during the same trip I noticed that they are selling half a celery for EXACTLY the same price as a whole one
and most are walking past the UK foods section where they can buy British Hobnobs for less than the tasteless kiwi version
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:32 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Countdown....stupid, stupid, stupid

Originally Posted by Justcol
Are kiwis really as stupid as the people at countdown supermarkets think they are or is are countdown just so arrogant that they just don't give a toss??

While shopping today I noticed that they have put the price of a pack of mince up by $1.00 since last week
but they have now put a big SPECIAL sticker on the pack and people are buying it by the trolley load.
Are kiwis so brainwashed that they just clear the shelf of anything with a yellow sticker on it regardless of what it is and
without questioning the price. Also during the same trip I noticed that they are selling half a celery for EXACTLY the same price as a whole one
and most are walking past the UK foods section where they can buy British Hobnobs for less than the tasteless kiwi version
You've been here long enough to know that 'special' means bargain....regardless of actual cost........and don't you know that the UK section is for Poms only! Kiwi's wouldn't be seen buying non NZ produce!!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:48 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justcol

We haven't got a uk section
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
We haven't got a uk section
Its really only hobnobs, sarsons vinegar and angle delight your not missing anything
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a picture of our Brit section at the local Countup. Taken a few months ago to prove to my mates back home how much Countup take the piss.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...y/f67dd765.jpg
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:37 am
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

we must be blessed in our international section, we have Jelly Tots.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:52 am
Just Joined

jhaqen is an unknown quantity at this point

Who buys a $4 tin of beans?
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

selondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really nice

Got some Walkers crisps the other week, and a frey Bentos Steak & kidney pie. The invasion has begun! Keep your eyes on those sell by dates though, and different breads by the one's on special which you pay top price for at the checkout
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:04 am

Luckily we don't have a Brit isle as I would gain a few pounds mmmm walkers crisps and yorkie bars
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by jhaqen
Who buys a $4 tin of beans?
I've bought them for my daughter
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by selondon
Got some Walkers crisps the other week, and a frey Bentos Steak & kidney pie. The invasion has begun! Keep your eyes on those sell by dates though, and different breads by the one's on special which you pay top price for at the checkout
Fray bentos steak and kidney pies you got to be kidding me always were disgusting and full of crap
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:13 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Here's a picture of our Brit section at the local Countup. Taken a few months ago to prove to my mates back home how much Countup take the piss.

Sherbert Dib Dabs!!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by barnsleymat

Yorkshire tea!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Ive just been to Pak n Save for the first time since Xmas.

I took this of the Brit section for your pleasure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...y/8b463d55.jpg
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

mumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura about

Yes we have challenged the yellow sticker on mince before because it was not any cheaper than the un-sticker tray of a similar size - it was cheaper to buy the smaller size and buy the same weight amount!

We also have a British section love the Yorkshire tea and the children do prefer Robinson no sugar apple and blackcurrant juice which they can make by the glass not the jug full.

The British goods also help to pad out the Christmas presents - was a much cheaper Christmas and the family all loved there special treats of mussy peas hob nobs and sweets!! Just a few treats to satisfy the taste buds!!

Though have discovered that I am missing fresh rasberries haven't found any yet will have to go on a hunt!

Last edited by mumbee2; Feb 25th 2012 at 5:53 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.