Count down to NZ

Old May 30th 2010, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Little Vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Count down to NZ

Hi All,

I move to Auckland in about 8 weeks time and was wondering if anybody could reccomend a good estate agent in Auckland and maybe suggestions of where is a good place to live. I want to have as short a stay in the hotel as I can when I arrive, so will be itching to get settled asap.

Also, if anybody has any general advice for a newby in New Zealand, feel free to share!

Thanks

Little Vic
Old May 30th 2010, 9:28 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Count down to NZ

Were still in UK so not much help on your questions, sorry. But wanted to just say Hi & welcome to the site. Not long before your off good luck.

Dewb
Old May 31st 2010, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your post!

Yup, not long until I leave. I'm totally excited but slightly peeing myself at how much I have to do.

When do you guys head to NZ?

Little Vic
Old May 31st 2010, 8:49 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Count down to NZ

Hi Lil Vic

We leave for Auckland in 16 days... I switch from panic to excitement at least 10 times a day!

Can't help with estate agents, although I regularly look on the Bayleys and Trade Me websites at properties... may be a good starting point?

My parents live on the Hibiscus coast in Orewa, beautiful place - about 30 mins outside Auckland city. We are heading there initially and then looking at surrounding areas in the Rodney district... if you like beaches its the place to be!

Last edited by Flower Pot; May 31st 2010 at 9:19 am.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Little Vic
Hi All,

I move to Auckland in about 8 weeks time and was wondering if anybody could reccomend a good estate agent in Auckland and maybe suggestions of where is a good place to live. I want to have as short a stay in the hotel as I can when I arrive, so will be itching to get settled asap.

Also, if anybody has any general advice for a newby in New Zealand, feel free to share!

Thanks

Little Vic
Hi,
I would recommend first looking on Trademe, all the agents put their rentals on there.

Where about in Auckland are you planning to live?

If we can help, just email
Karen
Old May 31st 2010, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi,
I would recommend first looking on Trademe, all the agents put their rentals on there.

Karen
Excellent. I'll check out Trademe. I was thinking about North Shore. I'll be working in the CBD and have had a quick look and transport links seem pretty good.

& good luck with the move Flowerpot!!!
Old May 31st 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi Lil Vic - we fly out to auckland on the 14th June heading for the North shore initially. I've got a job at auckland City hospital so will have to commute. Going to to suss out the area before we decide where to settle. See ya there x
Old May 31st 2010, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi,

Karen
Not all agents use Trade me. Harcourts in the south dont.
To help you and others looking also look at
Private Landlords are not on this site so still look at trademe.
www.realestate.co.nz
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent. I'll check out Trademe. I was thinking about North Shore. I'll be working in the CBD and have had a quick look and transport links seem pretty good.

& good luck with the move Flowerpot!!!

Hi,

We lived on the North Shore when we first arrived and OH works in the CBD. The bus service is excellent, have a look at www.maxx.co.nz

Good luck.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nukiwi
Hi,

We lived on the North Shore when we first arrived and OH works in the CBD. The bus service is excellent, have a look at www.maxx.co.nz

Good luck.
Thanks everybody for the advice.

Now I'm looking at places to rent I'm getting even more excited. As somebody from Newcastle (the frozen north) the idea that I could rent an appartment with a pool is mental. We only have puddles in Newcastle!

Thanks guys!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 9:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and a belated welcome to this little NZ forum.

Happy Postings
Old Jun 6th 2010, 5:26 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for your post!

When do you guys head to NZ?

Little Vic
9th August

Good luck with the move

Dewb