British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Count down to NZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/count-down-nz-670346/)

Little Vic May 30th 2010 5:39 pm

Count down to NZ

Hi All,

I move to Auckland in about 8 weeks time and was wondering if anybody could reccomend a good estate agent in Auckland and maybe suggestions of where is a good place to live. I want to have as short a stay in the hotel as I can when I arrive, so will be itching to get settled asap.

Also, if anybody has any general advice for a newby in New Zealand, feel free to share!

Thanks

Little Vic:)

Dewb09 May 30th 2010 9:28 pm

Re: Count down to NZ

Were still in UK so not much help on your questions, sorry. But wanted to just say Hi & welcome to the site. Not long before your off :eek: good luck.

Dewb

Little Vic May 31st 2010 7:43 am

Thanks very much for your post!

Yup, not long until I leave. I'm totally excited but slightly peeing myself at how much I have to do.:eek:

When do you guys head to NZ?

Little Vic

Flower Pot May 31st 2010 8:49 am

Hi Lil Vic :)

We leave for Auckland in 16 days... I switch from panic to excitement at least 10 times a day! :eek:

Can't help with estate agents, although I regularly look on the Bayleys and Trade Me websites at properties... may be a good starting point?

My parents live on the Hibiscus coast in Orewa, beautiful place - about 30 mins outside Auckland city. We are heading there initially and then looking at surrounding areas in the Rodney district... if you like beaches its the place to be! :D

Kags1694 May 31st 2010 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Little Vic (Post 8599837)
Hi All,

I move to Auckland in about 8 weeks time and was wondering if anybody could reccomend a good estate agent in Auckland and maybe suggestions of where is a good place to live. I want to have as short a stay in the hotel as I can when I arrive, so will be itching to get settled asap.

Also, if anybody has any general advice for a newby in New Zealand, feel free to share!

Thanks

Little Vic:)

Hi,
I would recommend first looking on Trademe, all the agents put their rentals on there.

Where about in Auckland are you planning to live?

If we can help, just email
Karen

Little Vic May 31st 2010 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Kags1694 (Post 8601127)
Hi,
I would recommend first looking on Trademe, all the agents put their rentals on there.

Karen

Excellent. I'll check out Trademe. I was thinking about North Shore. I'll be working in the CBD and have had a quick look and transport links seem pretty good.

& good luck with the move Flowerpot!!!

ragdolls2 May 31st 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Lil Vic - we fly out to auckland on the 14th June heading for the North shore initially. I've got a job at auckland City hospital so will have to commute. Going to to suss out the area before we decide where to settle. See ya there x

harrogate girl May 31st 2010 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kags1694 (Post 8601127)
Hi,

Karen

Not all agents use Trade me. Harcourts in the south dont.
To help you and others looking also look at:thumbsup:
Private Landlords are not on this site so still look at trademe.
www.realestate.co.nz

nukiwi Jun 1st 2010 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Little Vic (Post 8601308)
Excellent. I'll check out Trademe. I was thinking about North Shore. I'll be working in the CBD and have had a quick look and transport links seem pretty good.

& good luck with the move Flowerpot!!!

Hi,

We lived on the North Shore when we first arrived and OH works in the CBD. The bus service is excellent, have a look at www.maxx.co.nz

Good luck.

Little Vic Jun 1st 2010 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by nukiwi (Post 8602682)
Hi,

We lived on the North Shore when we first arrived and OH works in the CBD. The bus service is excellent, have a look at www.maxx.co.nz

Good luck.

Thanks everybody for the advice.

Now I'm looking at places to rent I'm getting even more excited. As somebody from Newcastle (the frozen north) the idea that I could rent an appartment with a pool is mental. We only have puddles in Newcastle!

Thanks guys!

BEVS Jun 2nd 2010 9:41 pm

Kia Ora and a belated welcome to this little NZ forum.

Happy Postings :)

Dewb09 Jun 6th 2010 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Little Vic (Post 8600952)
Thanks very much for your post!

When do you guys head to NZ?

Little Vic

9th August :scaredhair:

Good luck with the move :thumbsup:

Dewb