Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Could you point me in the right direction.

Could you point me in the right direction.

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

shamo will become famous soon enough
Default Could you point me in the right direction.

Hello guys, I'm after some info, if anyone could help me out I'd be grateful.
I'm about to start the process of applying for a visa to live and work in NZ, moving my family out possibly next year and basically I don't know where to start, maybe some of you who have already made the move could point me in the right direction.
Thanks Guys.
Shay
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

rupert_pumpkin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Could you point me in the right direction.

nz government website is the best place to start, kinda complicated and it can take a while to find what you're looking for but all the info is there

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:02 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

What area are you interested in and what type of work are you looking for??
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:52 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the madhouse...Rupert's given you the link for the NZ immigration website which is a great place to start looking...

Give us a shout if you need any help!!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies, I want to move to Aukland and I've made noises with the NZ police (I'm a cop in the UK), although I'm not married to the idea of staying a cop,The wife is a support worker with people with sever learning disabilities, I just wanted to hear if anyone had any problems I might need to look out for during the process. :scared:
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:51 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shamo
I'm about to start the process of applying for a visa to live and work in NZ, moving my family out possibly next year and basically I don't know where to start, maybe some of you who have already made the move could point me in the right direction.
Thanks Guys.
Shay

Shay - you've already found out where to start - this forum. We spent yonks looking at the official sites, reading the books, researching the towns, etc etc, but every single question I've asked on this forum has been answered straight away and everyone gives great, down to earth and valuable advice and support. We've all had to start on square one at some point, and some Members have done it and come back and so have different experiences, some are Kiwis themselves, so you are definitely on the right track. Ask any question, no matter how stupid you think it sounds, and someone will have the answer - they're brilliant the lot of them.

Congratulations on having made the decision - now that's the hard part! The rest is just stressful!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks mate, I've been reading the different threads and Your right I have got a lot of info just reading, I think I might just stick around for a bit anyhow, Cheers.

Shay
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:55 pm
pompeymike

Thanks Guys.
Shay
Welcome to the forum Shay, whatever you need to know just ask, you're in the right place.

Mike

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Mike, Ah Pompey...my old stomping ground
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:57 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Mike, Ah Pompey...my old stomping ground
Blimey - this is starting to turn into Portsmouthexpats!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

That was where I was based when I was in the Navy, great ol' town.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 12:12 pm
pompeymike

That was where I was based when I was in the Navy, great ol' town.
I hope you weren't one of those many skates that used to frequent our night clubs (Joannas in particular) and steal all of our beautiful girls away from us local lads, I have vivid memories of the battles that ensued along Southsea seafront every Saturday night

Mike

Old Jul 4th 2005, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Yep, that was me mate, ahhhh Joanna's, what a spot, I used to fall in there from the mukky duck, have you seen the Gunwharf recently? what a transformation, I still love revisiting Pompey now, I still have mates down there, like I said great town.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:12 pm
pompeymike

Yep, that was me mate, ahhhh Joanna's, what a spot, I used to fall in there from the mukky duck, have you seen the Gunwharf recently? what a transformation, I still love revisiting Pompey now, I still have mates down there, like I said great town.
God you're making me homesick now The Mucky Duck - oh the memories...to anybody reading this that doesn't know Portsmouth, this Pub was actually called the 'White Swan' but everybody in Pompey called it the Mucky Duck, don't know why they didn't just change the name.
Seems like this forum is turning into a Pompey Reunion chatroom

Mike

Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:23 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Joannas has been closed down now!.....all the skates have got left is Martha's
Ha Ha

Ps Tricorn is gone....and they are closing down all the night clubs on the seafront and moving them to premise's in Commercial Road....Damn Shame ...where are you going to be sick for god sake? it wont be the same (vomiting) without the sea lapping at your feet crouched in a half beatup deckchair....ahhh the poetry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.