Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

COULD YOU MANAGE ON $36000nzd In NEW ZEALAND WITH A YOUNG FAMILY?

COULD YOU MANAGE ON $36000nzd In NEW ZEALAND WITH A YOUNG FAMILY?

Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:30 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COULD YOU MANAGE ON $36000nzd In NEW ZEALAND WITH A YOUNG FAMILY?

Suze initially we only had one income coming in, took me a while to find a job, anyway hubby earnt $690 net for a 45 hr week. Off of that we paid $320 pw rent plus the usuals. We spent every penny we earnt on living essentials but once I managed to find a job, albeit, part time the extra $180pw sure helped. No luxuries as such but allowed us to breath a bit easier. We have no kids just 2 adults and a very spoilt dog. We also didnt have any cash reserves in the bank and I suppose lived like Kiwis, living one week to the next (loved the weekly wages).

The Kiwi average wage is very low but its what they are used to and remember alot of them with kids are entitled to additional benefits. Until you have lived in the country I think for 2 yrs and have PR you wont be entitled to any Government assistance.

I personally think its what the Kiwis are used to in terms of wages but alot of them do go overseas to help them save for a house back home and the others they just get by. If you dont know anything else what can you compare it to.

Remember also that once you have PR and have been employed for a period of 3 months your hubby can move jobs.

Living the dream is wonderful but pls keep in mind if money is tight and you are starting to worry the dream can become a nightmare and you could find yourself financially trapped.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:02 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all -

Whilst like many we are attracted to NZ primarily for the lifestyle opportunities, I have also been doing a lot of financial reserach on the costs of living too, because like Pinkie says, you need to be able to afford the basics - not the clifftop palatial home, but the essentials that we and others can afford in the UK. I also know lots in NZ is free and the beauty of the country (to us especially) is it's lower materialism and different way of life (so to a degree I am playing devil's advocate here okay) BUT

All the statistics and views that I have read on forums like these, and feedback from family and friends living in NZ is that the REAL cost of living in NZ (ie when earning dollars and not pounds) is more than in the UK. This is amongst other things because of the relative lack of economies of scale - the population is only 4million after all! (space, space, space...)

So whilst we may think that normal (children's) activities and other things look cheaper, they are actually more expensive UNLESS you will be earning a salary the equivalent of at least 2.5+ x current UK salary. I am sure we personally could not achieve this which is why I am making the point. Food is much more expensive in NZ generally. IMHO I think $200/week would require true budgeting meal planning. We spend about £100 a week here for a family of four (excl alcohol), but I would allow at least $250 a week in NZ. Probably more since I would be wanting to try out lots of new BBQ recipes for relaxed outdoor entertaining!!

I agree with Merlot's point made about travel back to the UK. History seems to say that in my husband's family and his friends there, every 8-10 years is the norm - apart from his mother! In fact we are going for the first time in 8 years this Xmas. I think that's beacuse it costs roughly the same as from here to fly, ie let's say £700 adult and £550 kids including tax - that would be £2500 or $6250 NZD earnt after tax etc for a family of four. This would be pretty difficult unless one is closer to a six figure salary than say a 50k salary.

Anyhow, these are all just my opinions. I would just say to everyone to really look at all the angles and keep some money set aside for a rainy day. We would (very luckily) be mortgage free if we went to NZ, but I am very worried that we could not afford to live there due to salaries. Perhaps this is also because there are certain things I cannot afford here that I dream about doing there - eg skiing etc. I know this is unlikely, but I am damn good with money!! We just about manage here in leafy Surrey, albeit with a huge huge mortgage!

Anyhow, will leave you to your Friday nights. Biddy - can't tell you how much I love your positive attitude. I am originally from the Lake District and it reminds me of people there May also explain why I love NZ....

hasta la vista
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:12 pm

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Hello Again

I have read all of your comments and feel quite unsure about the whole process of moving to NZ. I am really worried about the low salary even though I would probably (well definitely) go out to work myself if I could get a job. My husband got really annoyed at me being so negative, as he feels that the whole interview in London was a waste of time etc etc if we dont't take the job. He feels that we should take the opportunity whilst it on on offer as it may never come our way again. He would go tomorrow.

Could I ask a few more things if you all don't mind:-

What is the average wage and how do other Prison Officers manage of they only earn the same in NZ?

What, if I may ask do some of you earn to get by on?

How do people who live in Auckland working at the Prisons manage?

Why is it that no-one who is thinking of going to Australia seem to have these same doubts (that is from a British point of view). It's like yeah whooooppppie we've managed to get into OZ......and off they go to a wonderful life?

The kids things have put my mind to rest. Do they compete in cometitions for county etc?

Thanks Caroline for the useful thread I will look at it in a minute.

Hope to hear from you again

Suze

Hi Suze,

For one, I am led to believe that salaries and job opportunities are much better in OZ. I think I am right in saying that Sydney has a population about the same as the whole of NZ.

Also, lifestyle is thought to be slightly better (sunshine related maybe), shopping definately so!!

I think you are right to worry about the finances, however another way to look at the (opportunity) facing you is that your husband has a job to go to (great achivement), but he could always look for other opportunties when there - after a year or however long. It is much easier trying to find a good job firstly whilst in the country and secondly whilst being employed.

All the best for your decision either way. I know it is hard, but I think it's great that you are doing the thinking now.

Final thoughts to apply to both going and staying - what is the worst that could happen either way, and which decision do you think you'd regret more?

Off to bed now
Old Jun 18th 2005, 3:52 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Hi Suze,

For one, I am led to believe that salaries and job opportunities are much better in OZ. I think I am right in saying that Sydney has a population about the same as the whole of NZ.
True about average earnings.

GDP per head 2004:

UK USD 23920
AUS USD 23350
NZ USD 13240

What has happened since then is that the NZD has strengthened a lot vs USD whilst AUD and GBP have strengthened not quite so much. Wouldn't change these figures much.

In more comparable terms, PPP or purchasing power parity tries to factor in relative affordability of cost of living incl housing: GDP per head 2004 using PPP, where USA = 100:

UK 71.0
AUS 71.8
NZ 53.2

A bit better for NZ but still a basket case
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottish
The Kiwi average wage is very low but its what they are used to and remember alot of them with kids are entitled to additional benefits. Until you have lived in the country I think for 2 yrs and have PR you wont be entitled to any Government assistance.
Hi P, if you have PR & children you will qualify for family assistance from day one. Don't think it's classed as a benefit as such, probably more like the tax credits here or summat..
http://www.ird.govt.nz/calculators/k...ilyassistance/

For a family with 2 kids & 36K you'd get $150 a fortnight, worth claiming if entitled.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Hi all -

Whilst like many we are attracted to NZ primarily for the lifestyle opportunities, I have also been doing a lot of financial reserach on the costs of living too, because like Pinkie says, you need to be able to afford the basics - not the clifftop palatial home, but the essentials that we and others can afford in the UK. I also know lots in NZ is free and the beauty of the country (to us especially) is it's lower materialism and different way of life (so to a degree I am playing devil's advocate here okay) BUT

All the statistics and views that I have read on forums like these, and feedback from family and friends living in NZ is that the REAL cost of living in NZ (ie when earning dollars and not pounds) is more than in the UK. This is amongst other things because of the relative lack of economies of scale - the population is only 4million after all! (space, space, space...)

So whilst we may think that normal (children's) activities and other things look cheaper, they are actually more expensive UNLESS you will be earning a salary the equivalent of at least 2.5+ x current UK salary. I am sure we personally could not achieve this which is why I am making the point. Food is much more expensive in NZ generally. IMHO I think $200/week would require true budgeting meal planning. We spend about £100 a week here for a family of four (excl alcohol), but I would allow at least $250 a week in NZ. Probably more since I would be wanting to try out lots of new BBQ recipes for relaxed outdoor entertaining!!

I agree with Merlot's point made about travel back to the UK. History seems to say that in my husband's family and his friends there, every 8-10 years is the norm - apart from his mother! In fact we are going for the first time in 8 years this Xmas. I think that's beacuse it costs roughly the same as from here to fly, ie let's say £700 adult and £550 kids including tax - that would be £2500 or $6250 NZD earnt after tax etc for a family of four. This would be pretty difficult unless one is closer to a six figure salary than say a 50k salary.

Anyhow, these are all just my opinions. I would just say to everyone to really look at all the angles and keep some money set aside for a rainy day. We would (very luckily) be mortgage free if we went to NZ, but I am very worried that we could not afford to live there due to salaries. Perhaps this is also because there are certain things I cannot afford here that I dream about doing there - eg skiing etc. I know this is unlikely, but I am damn good with money!! We just about manage here in leafy Surrey, albeit with a huge huge mortgage!

Anyhow, will leave you to your Friday nights. Biddy - can't tell you how much I love your positive attitude. I am originally from the Lake District and it reminds me of people there May also explain why I love NZ....

hasta la vista
I agree with all of this - very well written - great post. I spend about $200 - $300 per week on my shopping bills, and we do not skimp at all and I do not watch what I am spending at all when food shopping, so that about the only thing I disagree about. I also agree about travel back to the UK - it is actually MORE expensive than flying from the UK to here - so to go home is a mammoth cost and HUGE expenditure for a family. Not to mention what you spend when you get there when you are earning dollars.

I guess as we have all said, if you know you will not put yourself in debt, and that you can manage within the budget you set yourself you will be fine. I do have friends here who manage on about that salary. It is not a uncommon salary pa for New Zealand.

We are very lucky, being completely honest as OH is an Anaesthetist and so our base salary is good - and then we are able to work extra shifts, sessions and private practice, hence we are in a good position. - AND we still find it very expensive to go home. However, travel to places like Ozzy and Fiji etc are reasonably cheap and affordable - much like Europe is in the UK.

Emigrating to any country is a MASSIVE decision, and one we too spent a lot of time and energy agonising over. The thing that swayed my decision was my grandfather - now well into his 70's - and who has lived a very interesting (!) and full life (there is a long story behind that), and when I said I was unsure he told me that "the worst thing you can do in life is get to my age and have regrets". He said IF i thought even for a moment that I might one day in the future regret coming then I should come. He also said "Nothing is irreversible - you can always come home". I was worried about losing money etc, with the house etc, and he also said "its only money, you can't take it with you and life is for living and made up of experiences". I think he is a wise man and so I listened to him.

I know that money does have a part to play in our happiness. Undoubtly that is true, but, I have nursed people younger than myself who are dying. It makes me realise that this ain't a dress rehearsal. Life is what YOU make of it, and sometimes the biggest rewards come from taking the BIGGEST risks, and conversley they also come from knowing you made the right decision on your life's path.

I think (and its only my opinion) that you should way it all up, the financial AND the emotional cost of emigrating out here and make a decision either way. I also think you could manage here - but that it would be tough. However I also think you'll get an experience in life you may never be given the opportunity for again. NZ is NOT for everyone though, and for some the lifestyle just does not suit. Once you have made your decision though, the only other thing I will say is DON'T 2nd guess it. Don't re-look at it. Make it and move on the next stage of the decision you have made. Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy with If's, But's and Maybe's. A life decision is a fork in the road, once you take it - you can't keep looking at the other road, you look ahead. If that road comes to a dead end - then you'll have to turn back - and start again.

Good Luck and very best wishes and future happines.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
I agree with all of this - very well written - great post. I spend about $200 - $300 per week on my shopping bills, and we do not skimp at all and I do not watch what I am spending at all when food shopping, so that about the only thing I disagree about. I also agree about travel back to the UK - it is actually MORE expensive than flying from the UK to here - so to go home is a mammoth cost and HUGE expenditure for a family. Not to mention what you spend when you get there when you are earning dollars.

I guess as we have all said, if you know you will not put yourself in debt, and that you can manage within the budget you set yourself you will be fine. I do have friends here who manage on about that salary. It is not a uncommon salary pa for New Zealand.

We are very lucky, being completely honest as OH is an Anaesthetist and so our base salary is good - and then we are able to work extra shifts, sessions and private practice, hence we are in a good position. - AND we still find it very expensive to go home. However, travel to places like Ozzy and Fiji etc are reasonably cheap and affordable - much like Europe is in the UK.

Emigrating to any country is a MASSIVE decision, and one we too spent a lot of time and energy agonising over. The thing that swayed my decision was my grandfather - now well into his 70's - and who has lived a very interesting (!) and full life (there is a long story behind that), and when I said I was unsure he told me that "the worst thing you can do in life is get to my age and have regrets". He said IF i thought even for a moment that I might one day in the future regret coming then I should come. He also said "Nothing is irreversible - you can always come home". I was worried about losing money etc, with the house etc, and he also said "its only money, you can't take it with you and life is for living and made up of experiences". I think he is a wise man and so I listened to him.

I know that money does have a part to play in our happiness. Undoubtly that is true, but, I have nursed people younger than myself who are dying. It makes me realise that this ain't a dress rehearsal. Life is what YOU make of it, and sometimes the biggest rewards come from taking the BIGGEST risks, and conversley they also come from knowing you made the right decision on your life's path.

I think (and its only my opinion) that you should way it all up, the financial AND the emotional cost of emigrating out here and make a decision either way. I also think you could manage here - but that it would be tough. However I also think you'll get an experience in life you may never be given the opportunity for again. NZ is NOT for everyone though, and for some the lifestyle just does not suit. Once you have made your decision though, the only other thing I will say is DON'T 2nd guess it. Don't re-look at it. Make it and move on the next stage of the decision you have made. Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy with If's, But's and Maybe's. A life decision is a fork in the road, once you take it - you can't keep looking at the other road, you look ahead. If that road comes to a dead end - then you'll have to turn back - and start again.

My wife and I were fortunate enough to have the same sentiments offered to us prior to emigrating twenty years ago. But honestly $36000!!!! with two growing children NOOOOOOOO WAY .IMO you would be struggling trying to get by on that amount although as has previously been said it is possible, just. But it begs the question why would you want to? I work in acute psychiatry, the average nurse aid would earn with shift allowance and a bit of overtime over $40000. Suggest that you do try and find out what the true take home pay really is before making any decisions Cheers binman

Last edited by binman; Jun 18th 2005 at 12:52 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COULD YOU MANAGE ON $36000nzd In NEW ZEALAND WITH A YOUNG FAMILY?

Great- wisdom wins for us every time. Your grandfather is a wise man indeed. Life is not a dummy run and there can't be much worse than sitting there in 5 or 10 years time saying " if only"
Good luck to everyone looking to take the plunge.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:45 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gra.B
Hi P, if you have PR & children you will qualify for family assistance from day one. Don't think it's classed as a benefit as such, probably more like the tax credits here or summat..
http://www.ird.govt.nz/calculators/k...ilyassistance/

For a family with 2 kids & 36K you'd get $150 a fortnight, worth claiming if entitled.
Hi Stranger

Hows yer plans going?

Pity we couldnt of claimed tax credits for our dog haha.. that extra would of been a bonus lol

Pxx
Old Jun 18th 2005, 2:36 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

$36000 NZD is not enough to live on for a family. You got your answer.

Don't forget the tax.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:14 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Don.. why 21 days till you can have a beer?
Old Jun 19th 2005, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by binman
My wife and I were fortunate enough to have the same sentiments offered to us prior to emigrating twenty years ago. But honestly $36000!!!! with two growing children NOOOOOOOO WAY .IMO you would be struggling trying to get by on that amount although as has previously been said it is possible, just. But it begs the question why would you want to? I work in acute psychiatry, the average nurse aid would earn with shift allowance and a bit of overtime over $40000. Suggest that you do try and find out what the true take home pay really is before making any decisions Cheers binman
I do agree it would be very tough, (but not impossible). That much is true. Been shopping today and just thought I would post a couple of prices for you to see:

Bread 95c a loaf - $2.50 per loaf - can get 3 loaves for $5.00
Peppers - $1.69 each (they are expensive - god knows why? - praps I should start a capsicum farm!)
12 pack Diet Coke cans - 7.99
Pantene Shampoo - 8.90
Choysa T-Bags 100 - 2.79
Bananas - 2.99/kg
Broccoli - 2.49 each
Cauliflower - 1.29 each - or 2 for 2.00
Potatoes - 2.5kg bag - 4.99
Parsnip - 1.69/kg
Carrots - 4.99/kg
3 litres of whole milk - 4.25
4 pack toilet rolls - 1.99 (Purex)
Shower gel - 4.49
Chickem Roasting joing (Breast) - 9.95
Childs Toothbrush - 3.60
Twin Pack of Shrewsbury's (Jammy Dodgers equiv) - 3.29
4 slices of Roast chicken breast (for sandwiches) - 1.79
4 Slices of leg ham - 3.85
Bag of 6 Bread Rolls (LArge) - 2.50
Cat Food (Whiskas 690g tin) - 1.79
Free Range Eggs - 6 - 5.70 (Barn Eggs are cheaper)
Paracetamol - 99c for 20
Maltesers fun packs - pack of 18 - 3.85
Bunch of Lillies for my lounge - 7.99

I could go on but thought I woul put a few prices of things from my shopping list today for you to see howmuch things cost.

Hope it helps
Shellie
Old Jun 19th 2005, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don
$36000 NZD is not enough to live on for a family. You got your answer.

Don't forget the tax.
Dons' right - after Tax it will be even less!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:23 am

I do agree it would be very tough, (but not impossible). That much is true. Been shopping today and just thought I would post a couple of prices for you to see:

Bread 95c a loaf - $2.50 per loaf - can get 3 loaves for $5.00
Peppers - $1.69 each (they are expensive - god knows why? - praps I should start a capsicum farm!)
12 pack Diet Coke cans - 7.99
Pantene Shampoo - 8.90
Choysa T-Bags 100 - 2.79
Bananas - 2.99/kg
Broccoli - 2.49 each
Cauliflower - 1.29 each - or 2 for 2.00
Potatoes - 2.5kg bag - 4.99
Parsnip - 1.69/kg
Carrots - 4.99/kg
3 litres of whole milk - 4.25
4 pack toilet rolls - 1.99 (Purex)
Shower gel - 4.49
Chickem Roasting joing (Breast) - 9.95
Childs Toothbrush - 3.60
Twin Pack of Shrewsbury's (Jammy Dodgers equiv) - 3.29
4 slices of Roast chicken breast (for sandwiches) - 1.79
4 Slices of leg ham - 3.85
Bag of 6 Bread Rolls (LArge) - 2.50
Cat Food (Whiskas 690g tin) - 1.79
Free Range Eggs - 6 - 5.70 (Barn Eggs are cheaper)
Paracetamol - 99c for 20
Maltesers fun packs - pack of 18 - 3.85
Bunch of Lillies for my lounge - 7.99

I could go on but thought I woul put a few prices of things from my shopping list today for you to see howmuch things cost.

Hope it helps
Shellie
Hi Shellie,

Thanks for that info. I am sure Suze will find that very helpful in making her decision. It was kind of you to take the time to post this info. And great that you're obviously feeling better!

I know everyone says capsicums are very expensive in NZ. They are 72p each here which would be about the same using a straight currency conversion (although as you know I think this is pretty meaningless in reality).

But the things that I thought were even more expensive in comparison were surprisingly:

broccoli (60p/head bought in Sainsburys yesterday)
catfood (49p for Whiskars)
carrots (they're very cheap here! - 78p-99p/kg pre-packed from Waitrose) eggs (they are very expensive - I think the free range ones I got yesterday were £1.09?). I just checked Waitrose prices online, 89p for 6 medium free range eggs, £1.13 for 6 large, and you can't get much more expensive than Waitrose in mainstream shopping. Of course if you have access to, and use shops such as Aldi and Morrisons, things could be even cheaper here.

Anyway, I just found those items surprising, but overall I didn't think it is too bad. And I think you do pretty well with your shopping sunshine. Do you buy your alcohol with your shopping, or is that separate???

It has been gloriously sunny here this weekend. Yesterday we went to the woods to do den building with a picnic and friends in the morning (kiwi lifestlye at large in Surrey ), followed by dancing and meeting Angelina Ballerina in the afternoon - your little one would have loved that hey - and a village BBQ in the evening. It was great, apart from our little one being up from 1am with a fever of 103. Why is it always when we've been drinking? Today is father's day (reminder anyone? but don't get too upset if you're apart at the moment) so we're having a BBQ.

Pat on the back to all the dads............
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Shellie,

Thanks for that info. I am sure Suze will find that very helpful in making her decision. It was kind of you to take the time to post this info. And great that you're obviously feeling better!

I know everyone says capsicums are very expensive in NZ. They are 72p each here which would be about the same using a straight currency conversion (although as you know I think this is pretty meaningless in reality).

But the things that I thought were even more expensive in comparison were surprisingly:

broccoli (60p/head bought in Sainsburys yesterday)
catfood (49p for Whiskars)
carrots (they're very cheap here! - 78p-99p/kg pre-packed from Waitrose) eggs (they are very expensive - I think the free range ones I got yesterday were £1.09?). I just checked Waitrose prices online, 89p for 6 medium free range eggs, £1.13 for 6 large, and you can't get much more expensive than Waitrose in mainstream shopping. Of course if you have access to, and use shops such as Aldi and Morrisons, things could be even cheaper here.

Anyway, I just found those items surprising, but overall I didn't think it is too bad. And I think you do pretty well with your shopping sunshine. Do you buy your alcohol with your shopping, or is that separate???

It has been gloriously sunny here this weekend. Yesterday we went to the woods to do den building with a picnic and friends in the morning (kiwi lifestlye at large in Surrey ), followed by dancing and meeting Angelina Ballerina in the afternoon - your little one would have loved that hey - and a village BBQ in the evening. It was great, apart from our little one being up from 1am with a fever of 103. Why is it always when we've been drinking? Today is father's day (reminder anyone? but don't get too upset if you're apart at the moment) so we're having a BBQ.

Pat on the back to all the dads............
Thanks for that - just spoken to my Mum at home - Dad has gone fishing - she tells me its really hot there again - just lovely. The UK is lovely in the summer. The shopping list price above was from Pac N Save - which IS a cheap shop here. I usually buy my wine from www.blackmarket.co.nz - by the crate - Its just much cheaper that way from there.

Hope you have a lovely day, and have fun with the kids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.