Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Could be a good forum but

Could be a good forum but

Old Dec 14th 2008, 3:06 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could be a good forum but

Originally Posted by mmso2003
It was my belief that forums like this were places that people could come to in order to discuss there lives in New Zealand. Share experiences and offer friendly words of advice.

It would seem to me that this forum has been hijacked and turned into childrens squabble area by people who have nothing better to do with there time.

I wonder how many people come to this forum read the posts and move straight on.

I seriously believe that the moderators would be better off banning the minority that seem to be ruining this forum for normal people who really do want to contribute something to the community at large. I have to say the same names come up all the time.

I have no objection to negative or positive comments being made in a constructive way but turning it into a shouting match is wasting everyones
time and ruining what should be a helpful and informative forum.

Hi there

I'm not in NZ but Canada.

I just wanted to put my pennies worth in, if I may. I think that BE has been one of the best internet forums ever.

I would not hesitate in reccomending this site to others as I have found it both useful and fun throughout my emigration process.

You have to put the time in this site to get the most out of it and you really do develop some very good virtual friendships (no that isn't sad as we are all in the same boat) There are times when you just need to chat to someone and I have made so many friends on here now that when I log on there is always someone I know to talk to.

I am sorry that the OP feels so bad after so few posts but like always in life make the extra effort and you will gain the reward you seek.

Oh and p.s, there will always be the ones that disagree with you, but we all do have our own opinions and you have to start to understand that. The moment you ask for advice people will give it, warts and all.

Last edited by Cassie 10000; Dec 14th 2008 at 3:09 am.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 9:31 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mmso2003
It was my belief that forums like this were places that people could come to in order to discuss there lives in New Zealand. Share experiences and offer friendly words of advice.

It would seem to me that this forum has been hijacked and turned into childrens squabble area by people who have nothing better to do with there time.

I wonder how many people come to this forum read the posts and move straight on.

I seriously believe that the moderators would be better off banning the minority that seem to be ruining this forum for normal people who really do want to contribute something to the community at large. I have to say the same names come up all the time.

I have no objection to negative or positive comments being made in a constructive way but turning it into a shouting match is wasting everyones
time and ruining what should be a helpful and informative forum.

Well said, I believe one of my first replies was along the same lines, but not pointed in the same way.

When you first arrive you are isolated from everyone and everything you are familiar with, you have no-one to discuss the irritating little quirks of life with and when you can't these little niggles become major pains, but woe betide you if you dare seek emotional support, someone always 'pulls you down'
Poor Kags got it bad with her post, such a brave woman and the CRAP she took from some was disgusting.

I myself have not been on site for awhile as i was sick to death of the nastiness posted by some.

Me thinks they forget they are not in 'Take it Outside', but on a forum designed to help.

But the biggest point is they don't have to 'FACE' the people they are abusing in writing - bullies and COWARDS is how I brand these little small minded people, they are protected from facing up to their comments

Pauline

PS Genesis - you come across as a level minded person who is helpful and kind, although you do make negative comments they are ment as 'another side to the coin' rather than nastiness (my opinion)
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Vile is a jewel in the roughVile is a jewel in the roughVile is a jewel in the roughVile is a jewel in the roughVile is a jewel in the rough

I have been around many New Zealand forums of late and they all have their share of nay-sayers and yea-sayers, but I have to say that the balance is much more 'believable' here on BE. I want an honest insight into what NZ is really like, and it's hard to judge if everyone is either all for or all against (as seems to be the case on certain other forums). As many posters above have said, everything depends on the 'why' - why do you love it, or why do you hate it? Me, I like good scenery and have no interest in nightlife - does this make me a good candidate for kiwihood? I hope so!

Of course, it's possible that the balance here is not representative, either, but thinking that way will lead to madness ...