Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Costs for 1 way flights?!

Costs for 1 way flights?!

Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:36 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costs for 1 way flights?!

Hey all

After a bit of advice if you dont mind...

Been gathering quotes for our 1 way flights from Manchester to Auckland via LA for mid June.

So far quotes per person (inclusive of tax) are as follows:

STA travel = £582
The Flight Centre = £580
Dial-a-flight = £532

So obviously Dial-a-flight is in the lead... do these look like good prices though? Only ever been on return tickets which were approx £900 each last time so was unsure if these were good prices for 1-way?!

Flights are with BA from Manchester to Heathrow and then LA (2.5 day stop over for some sun and sight seeing!) and then Qantas for LA to Auckland.

BA has decreased its baggage allowance to only 23kg per person so we will have to pay £64 for the 2 extra suitcases (although I have emailed them to request they waive this charge as we are emigrating ) but then Qantas alllow 46kg per person in 2 cases so no extra charge there!

Feedback and advice appreciated - I have all 3 on hold until we take the plunge!!!

So scary but exciting!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all
Default Re: Costs for 1 way flights?!

Apparently if you go onto Air New Zealand and put in EMIGRAT**** as a promo code you get discount. Not sure if it still works give it a go.

Dawn X
Old Feb 16th 2010, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by blackburn lass
Apparently if you go onto Air New Zealand and put in EMIGRAT**** as a promo code you get discount. Not sure if it still works give it a go.

Dawn X
HI we just booked ours and the code didnt work however for one way 2 adults and two kids we have got it for 2250 with air new zealand departing 30th march
forshy
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Try travelsupermarket.com. They can have some good deals!
We booked through them when we came over and they had some very good prices at the time.
We flew with Emirates and for some reason it was cheaper booking through travelsupermarket.com than booking direct with Emirates!

Last edited by RobDon; Feb 16th 2010 at 7:23 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

We booked direct with Air New Zealand to L.A then Auckland and paid £3,600..we cam in Jan so abit more pricey...i thought Air New Zealand were just fantastic...always flown east asia way ..Malaysia...singapore...but they beat them on service, food was lovely, and in flight entertainment on a par with the other 2.

Also getting thru security in L.A wasn't as bad as we thought it might be...(we got told by serveral different people that customs was a nightmare and you'd be left in 4hr Q's, but we only Q'd for about 45mins). they do take your finger prints and photo thou so it does take a little bit longer to get thru.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 2:27 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I've only ever booked direct through AirNZ (via LA). When we did ours they came up cheaper than brokers/agents and they have excellent baggage allowance - 46kg per person (2 suitcases each) plus 7kg each for hand luggage.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 8:31 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the feedback all

Booked with Dial-a-flight for £542 each - great price! This includes 3 day stop over in LA, flying with BA and then Qantas.

BA wont budge on the luggage allowance so we will have to pay an extra £64 for the 2 extra cases but still, this means the total cost per person was £574, which seems to be the lowest anywhere I have looked.

Ooooooh its all real now!!!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:54 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

We've been shopping around for a while and have found the earlier you book, the better. I booked 3 months ago and got a deal for £520 one way for mid March with Thai Airways, the wife is coming over in April with 2 kids and a 2 day stop over in Hong Kong and is paying £1220 for all 3 of them, with Cathay Pacific, also booked 3 months ago

My Mum has just booked to come over for Christmas, flying on Nov 30th and going back 6th Jan for £820 with Cathay.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Originally Posted by forshy
HI we just booked ours and the code didnt work however for one way 2 adults and two kids we have got it for 2250 with air new zealand departing 30th march
forshy
Hi Forshy

Me too. U flyin from Heathrow?

Cheers

HH