Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

cost towards newborn baby

cost towards newborn baby

Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Default cost towards newborn baby

hi all

do you get any kind of money when you have a baby in nz? i know in the uk and oz you get a payment for a newborn, does that happen here in nz?
do inland revenue support in anyway?
and one more question do you find nursery fees here similar to uk?!

sorry for all the questions!

j
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: cost towards newborn baby

Originally Posted by jeany
hi all

do you get any kind of money when you have a baby in nz? i know in the uk and oz you get a payment for a newborn, does that happen here in nz?
do inland revenue support in anyway?
and one more question do you find nursery fees here similar to uk?!

sorry for all the questions!

j
Hi

Can't help on the payment for newborns, try looking at: www.ird.govt.nz

Inland Revenue help with payments called 'Working for Families Tax Credits' bit like UK tax credits based on income for having children and child care costs. Above website will have more.

Also child care costs here are less than UK. I arrived with 2 1/2yr old and his child care was $4/hr and now he's over 3yrs its free.

Hope this helps.
J
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice

Hi, cant comment on your questions, but just wanted to post a comment to say that I had my son whilst in NZ (had my daughter in the UK 3 years previously) and I found that the maternity care I received was far far better than in the UK, the direct one on one with your midwife was great, not sure where you are, but I had my son at Birthcare in Auckland and it was fantastic, unlike the conveyor belt system I found with my girl. Anyway just wanted to comment, and good luck on finding your answers
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

OPPS bump ...(just the once honest Ms Administrator) ....sorry but I'm interested in any posible answers!!!