Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cost of Supporting 2 children in New Zealand ?

Cost of Supporting 2 children in New Zealand ?

Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Supporting 2 children in New Zealand ?

Wouldn't it be great to be able to live totally beyond your means, and to buy your kids the best of everything regardless of cost? Airshows, music lessons, generous presents, finest fillet steak for making hamburgers (I buy best fillet steak for OH and myself once a week and it costs $8-$10 for the two of us), etc etc. And regardless of the cost, just send the bill to some poor sucker on the other side of the world. Don't even bother getting on the right internet plan or wearing warmer clothes when it's cold, just pay the bill and send it on to the UK.

The rest of us who live in the real world think you OP are being very generous already. Stick to your guns, tough out any threats of legal action and rest assured you are already doing very well by your kids.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
Wouldn't it be great to be able to live totally beyond your means, and to buy your kids the best of everything regardless of cost? Airshows, music lessons, generous presents, finest fillet steak for making hamburgers (I buy best fillet steak for OH and myself once a week and it costs $8-$10 for the two of us), etc etc. And regardless of the cost, just send the bill to some poor sucker on the other side of the world. Don't even bother getting on the right internet plan or wearing warmer clothes when it's cold, just pay the bill and send it on to the UK.

The rest of us who live in the real world think you OP are being very generous already. Stick to your guns, tough out any threats of legal action and rest assured you are already doing very well by your kids.
Completely agree 100% with above post.
Stick to your guns.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 4:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi

Karma for this post LK for all sorts of reasons. I love it.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 4:52 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Karma for this post LK for all sorts of reasons. I love it.
I agree, it says everything that needed saying! But can't send you karma.

To Jono: rather than quoting us, maybe look up costs yourself online for food, cinema, clothing etc etc. She can't argue with that and it will make your case stronger should legal representation become necessary. It can be argued that opinions on here are just that and not actual facts [I think $2000/m is a lot but someone can easily argue otherwise depending on what their standard of living involves] Hoping you can sort it all out amicably and she'll calm down once she realises you're in possession of some actual costings
Ask if you need help with sites and so on.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 5:13 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Ask if you need help with sites and so on.
Exactly - you just ask what information you need and we can be your 'reasearch assistants'
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

jonolondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again - I did receive an irate telephone call last night following the feedback so am now trying to work some sort of settlement ! We'll see !!

You are all very kind - Cheers,
Jonathan
Old Feb 25th 2010, 5:45 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not surprised! You started listening to other people and got some facts rather than just listening to your ex - how very dare you!

I think its lovely that you just want her and the kids to be happy so fair play to you on that score

Personally, though, I still think its outrageous for you to be expected to pay for the whole families bills, which given the list you supplied you appear to have been asked to do, rather than just your contribution to your kids. Maybe the fact that her new partner has kids to support himself in the UK has something to do with the extraordinary amount you're being asked to pay to offset that?

Anyway, hope you manage to reach an agreement that suits you both. Let us know if we can help with anything else and don't forget you have a life to live and fund too and you never know what the future holds in store for you.

BTW did you resolve the removal from jurisdiction issue?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I,m not gay or owt but i,d marry you and have a couple of kids for that kind of money

Neil
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:26 pm
`

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo

BTW did you resolve the removal from jurisdiction issue?
Yes. I am also interested in this.
From what is written it would seem the children were illegally removed from the UK
- allegedly

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 3rd 2010 at 12:46 am. Reason: add word per suggestion.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:29 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Maybe the fact that her new partner has kids to support himself in the UK has something to do with the extraordinary amount you're being asked to pay to offset that?
Idea (tongue in cheek), you just give your UK CSA payment to HIS kids in the UK and he fully supports yours, that seems fair, no exchange rate losses of a double transfer and they are...err, stuck with their inflated living "costs"....

I guess if you suggest that you would see the blood pressure rise even from 12k miles away

Seriously, you seem to be more than fair to them and very patient.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

From what is written it would seem the children were illegally removed from the UK -allegedly
Hmmm, me too BEVS

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 3rd 2010 at 12:45 am.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:44 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

From what is written it would seem the children were illegally removed from the UKallegedly
Alledgedly.

If this is going to go criminally legal or potentially so then it may be prudent to curtail discussion - I personally would hate anything written here to predjudice any case jono may need/want to progress....I am not a lawyer but caution may be needed.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 3rd 2010 at 12:45 am. Reason: edit quote
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:14 pm
Banned

dytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nice

From what is written it would seem the children were illegally removed from the UK allegedly
True. There is something in EE law that you can't just up and leave with your partners kids, you have to have it all signed etc. I'd like to know what she put on her visa applications.

She's having a farckin laff! 2 grand a month, other side of the world? Nah, very fishy.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 3rd 2010 at 12:46 am. Reason: edit quote
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 12:44 am
`

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Hmmm, me too BEVS
I can imagine mate .

Alledgedly
Fair comment.

I would like to hear back from jonolondon though as summat doesn't seem right , given what we all know about the right to remove kids from the UK to another country permanently. Eh J19fmm and others who have been through the process ?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:38 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine mate .

Fair comment.

I would like to hear back from jonolondon though as summat doesn't seem right , given what we all know about the right to remove kids from the UK to another country permanently. Eh J19fmm and others who have been through the process ?
It is odd. Given that you have to provide full birth certs for kids and that will show dad's name and obviously dad isn't applying for visa so NZIS would insist on seeing permission for removal before granting visas. I don't see how that could be forged either cos in UK don't you have to be there in person with photo ID to swear/sign the declaration with the Notary Public?

We came out originally on WTR and then got PR and needed to produce the permission letter both times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.