Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cost of school uniform - yikes!

Cost of school uniform - yikes!

Old May 29th 2011, 10:19 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of school uniform - yikes!

Originally Posted by janeyk
stationery and donations vary, we are in a decile 10 zone as is all the other local schools donation $170, activity fee per term $20 and statioery i wish it was $60 ours was more like $120 and took all day to source as the school were very specific on types of pencil, exercise books etc. While glue sticks may be generic believe me I have never seen a school so picky! 5 shops and all day shopping was not my idea of fun!
Yes they vary. My mum is principal of a decile 1 school and thus get lots of dosh from the government. They buy ALL the stationery for the kids. Subsidised healthy school lunches too! Not sure you will want to live in Mangere though!
Old May 30th 2011, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

the point I was making was the diparity between a decile 9 and a decile 10! and even between 2 decile 10 schools!
Old May 30th 2011, 11:41 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyk
the point I was making was the diparity between a decile 9 and a decile 10! and even between 2 decile 10 schools!
Sorry, I didn't read it correctly. Anyway you make a good point. Check with individual schools as they can vary.

It's the principal/head and governors who decide these things so once your kids start there if you find other parents feel the same you could approach them about the issue.

Last edited by jmh; May 30th 2011 at 11:49 pm.