British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Cost of Medical Examination in UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/cost-medical-examination-uk-876438/)

ICIS2378 Apr 24th 2016 6:02 pm

Cost of Medical Examination in UK

Does anyone have recent knowledge of the cost for a medical examination in the UK for a residency visa in NZ

Munchkjn Apr 24th 2016 6:14 pm

Re: Cost of Medical Examination in UK

Originally Posted by ICIS2378 (Post 11931055)
Does anyone have recent knowledge of the cost for a medical examination in the UK for a residency visa in NZ

Quoted £295 and £300 for adult full medical very recently in Manchester

http://www.spirehealthcare.com/manch...dical-service/

inkedneonurse Apr 24th 2016 8:00 pm

290 for adults (CXRAY,all bloods included)

The Bridge Clinic- Pricing Information

Pigdog Apr 24th 2016 8:31 pm

£300 for bloods, chest X-ray in London (2014)

MrsFychan Apr 25th 2016 1:41 am

depends entirely on the practice you have to use, they can charge what they like. So if you are fortunate enough to have a couple near you then ring round, if not you just have to put it down to the cost of emigrating and pay it.

escapedtonz Apr 25th 2016 4:51 am

We paid £450 each (everything included) in Manchester City centre 2010 and another £250 for a newborn in Liverpool 2011.

nikkijane88 Apr 25th 2016 6:22 am

If you have a job offer they may be willing to reimburse the costs? We were lucky enough to get that upon receipts

Nurse_Abi Apr 25th 2016 10:20 am

Thank god for this forum! I'd booked a medical in Birmingham which was due to cost £469 but have managed to cancel and rebook with the Bridge Clinic. Just shows you need to do your homework as I'd made an assumption that as there were so few panel drs the prices would be similar!

Esme61 Apr 25th 2016 12:26 pm

£305 for emedical at Bridgewater Manchester in September 2015

MrsFychan Apr 26th 2016 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Nurse_Abi (Post 11931439)
Thank god for this forum! I'd booked a medical in Birmingham which was due to cost £469 but have managed to cancel and rebook with the Bridge Clinic. Just shows you need to do your homework as I'd made an assumption that as there were so few panel drs the prices would be similar!

hope that you have checked that that includes all the stuff the previous one did, xrays etc and you have taken travel into account

valleygurl Apr 28th 2016 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Nurse_Abi (Post 11931439)

We used the bridge clinic they were very good and it only took about 2 hours for all 4 of us

inkedneonurse Apr 28th 2016 7:43 am

What actually happens at the medicals do the have access to you medical records or do you have to bring them with you

valleygurl Apr 28th 2016 8:03 am

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 11934460)
What actually happens at the medicals do the have access to you medical records or do you have to bring them with you

No we didn't take anything apart from what they tell you too and the medicals get submitted to immigration straight away

nikkijane88 Apr 28th 2016 8:16 am

Originally Posted by valleygurl (Post 11934470)
No we didn't take anything apart from what they tell you too and the medicals get submitted to immigration straight away

That's handy! Ours were given to us to include with our immigration forms and X-ray forms, but that was almost 2 and a half years ago

valleygurl Apr 28th 2016 9:15 am

Originally Posted by nikkijane88 (Post 11934476)
That's handy! Ours were given to us to include with our immigration forms and X-ray forms, but that was almost 2 and a half years ago

Yes ours were too but you just get a digital copy now and it's all submitted by them at a click of the mouse whilst you are there