Cost of Furniture

Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cost of Furniture

Hi can anyone help with the cost of a good quality sofa and dining table in NZ. I have a stressless reclining sofa and hate it would keep the chairs and footstools but the sofa goes :curse:
The dining table is glass it was a cost a fortune 'oh that looks nice' stupid buy look at it and it's dirty it is defo NOT coming
Not sure whether to buy another sofa & dining table here or wait till in NZ

Help please
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Cost of Furniture

The cost of furniture is really on par if not cheaper than it is there here is a website to look at to give you some indication of what you get for your money,
http://www.furniturecity.co.nz/Scripts/default.asp

our friends bought the Alpha corner suite for $2700 which is around about £1100 which is pretty much the same as back home.

again it also depends on where about your coming too as there are all the usaul furniture stores like Harvey normans and DZPine, BigSave furniture etc etc......
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Furniture

That's great thank you for your help

Angela
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
That's great thank you for your help

Angela
your very welcome we're a friendly bunch i know furniture city have a big discount place up in Auckland where you can get some great bargains too but look locally and on Trade me as you can buy new off of there too xx
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheeries
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

Always worry about people buying new before they come - furniture that suits one room/house doesn't necessarily suit fit another - we had to change our configuration when we moved house.
Good luck with your move
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got a headache thinking about everything now

Thanks for help

Angela
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:29 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dorrick
Always worry about people buying new before they come - furniture that suits one room/house doesn't necessarily suit fit another - we had to change our configuration when we moved house.
Good luck with your move
That's nothing. On another thread people are talkig about bringing cans of paint ......how do they know what colour they are going to want?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Have a karma pill for that headache.

We came over with no blummin' sofas as I hated mine too. For that matter we came over with half a bed ( don't ask); no pots and pans courtesy of the packers; no vacuum cleaner which was a bit dim ; no garden furniture due to mis-information and no white ware coz mine was all way too old.

We bought our sofas from Smith City when they were on special and did the haggling thing over the whiteware.

I think I've been away from the UK too long now to know if the prices and deals are better in the UK than here in NZ. I would suggest to you though that you might find more choice back in the UK.

In retrospect I would have bought in the UK as we were comitted to a container anyway.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

Are sofas and armchairs with removable and machine-washable covers available in NZ? With two very active border collies and a cat, washable covers are a must in our household. Thanks to Ikea, I'm now able to have a white sofa despite the furry kids, but as someone said, our current furniture might not look right in another house.