Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cost of (and experiences) shipping UK to NZ.

Cost of (and experiences) shipping UK to NZ.

Old Mar 8th 2014, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

JerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to all
Default Re: Cost of (and experiences) shipping UK to NZ.

Originally Posted by ringostarr
just flicking through and saw your post. bring all your gear except telly. deffo cheaper in the long run to ship it all out versus buying again. by the time you give everything away on ebay back home for next to nothing. We brought all our stuff out, got to clean all your bikes and boots and fishing gear off beforehand. we took the dog too. left the kitchen sink sadly, Na ive known a few people who have given away most of their stuff for a song back home only to spend a whole load more than what the shipping costs was to re-supply
We've got a container so bringing almost everything apart from a couple of bookcases and stuff we no longer have a use for.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Bring the bookcases too. You will find a use for them (or get a good price to sell them!)

We brought our TV too - old 42 inch plasma but in effect TV is just a monitor with an external sound source so it works beautifully
Old Mar 9th 2014, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

thecountdown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello me and the oh and baby and george thunderbolt brown bear (choc lab)are on our way 27 nov this year.. moving to dannevirke area to stay with her parents till we build our home.. excting stuff ...after messing about with quotes of over 4k GBP we have decided to do everything ourselves took us 3days to pack a 20ft box correctly and creat invoices for ins we gone with Davis turner for best price insured 1560 pound Pluss I own the container with was a bargain and value in nz is 4-5k nzd so in a way we are moving around the world for free
Old Mar 9th 2014, 8:43 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a great idea. Also a good business idea for the future! Good luck with everything.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice

Had a torrid time with Van lines, been here for almost 7 months now and still no longer to getting to the bottom of how they have managed to loose lots of our boxes, including childrens toys/books, kitchen equipment and Christmas decorations. The response from vanlines has been to tell us that these items are not significant.... tell that to my children. Do not wish to be too negative, but there were loads of hidden charges that we were held to ransom over. I would not use them again.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:29 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thats horrible. Its hard enough moving you and your family to the other side of the world without most of your stuff being lost. I would say that childrens toys, christmas decorations etc are the things that matter the most. You can easily replace a TV or couch, but toys and stuff are collected over the years and have more sentimental value. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

marooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thecountdown
Hello me and the oh and baby and george thunderbolt brown bear (choc lab)are on our way 27 nov this year.. moving to dannevirke area to stay with her parents till we build our home.. excting stuff ...after messing about with quotes of over 4k GBP we have decided to do everything ourselves took us 3days to pack a 20ft box correctly and creat invoices for ins we gone with Davis turner for best price insured 1560 pound Pluss I own the container with was a bargain and value in nz is 4-5k nzd so in a way we are moving around the world for free
Does it include the cost of lifting it from the ship, customs and inspections, and transporting it to dannevirke? or will you pay all those yourself when you get here?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

JerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to all

Stage 1 of our move has been completed, it took 2 guys the best part of 2 days to box up all our goods and wrap the furniture. Certainly wouldn't have had time to do it ourselves, the only thing I got boxed up separately was my mountain bike (for insurance purposes). Hopefully we'll see it all again in 9-11 weeks, maybe sooner.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 5:03 am
Looking for my marbles.

Conroys came to pack our stuff on Thursday in the middle of a hurricane! They were 4hrs late but the men worked very hard and we got out of the flat in time. No complaints so far....
Old Jul 12th 2014, 9:11 pm
Going Home after 22 years

napierlass is an unknown quantity at this point

Tommy Luck can you remember what your cubic foot was please. We only have 500 which is half a container and would love to get it for 2K. Currently have 4 different quotes but then they all quote different cubic feet too which isn't helping. We aren't taking any beds or white goods so definitely not a whole container needed x Cheers in advance x
Old Jul 15th 2014, 12:21 pm
Going Home after 22 years

napierlass is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone ever heard of an Aberdeen company called Simply Ship, they have offices in Aus, Nz etc. They have just given us a very competitive quote but I've never heard of them nor read about anyone whose used them? Google search only comes up with one review on them and it was a complaint. They tend to ship the oil execs around the world.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers x
Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice

Please do not use anyone that uses vanlines. We are still awaiting lots of our personal belongings. Van lines approach.... the items are insignificant!
Old Jul 15th 2014, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Kentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant future

We used PSS. A couple of minor breakages but nothing major 40ft container was £6k (I think) with insurance. We got a quote from Letton Percival but PSS matched it, so we wnt with them for the whole thing. We did have to pay a bit of gst on new stuff and for a couple of boxes to be opened, but there were no problems with what was in the boxes as we had cleaned very thoroughly.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

kiwi white is an unknown quantity at this point

It was 9 years ago and every experience is different but we used Pickfords and had an absolute nightmare. Would strongly advise against using them.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Well, our belongings were delivered to us about 9 weeks after we said goodbye to them. Only issue I had with Pickfords was the lady dealing with it in Christchurch only worked 9am-2pm and I was working mornings for 3 weeks which didn't help trying to find out what was going on.

I was resigned to the fact that traveling all this way something was bound to be damaged or missing, as it turns out the only missing item was our printer which I remember wasn't boxed but wrapped in cardboard. No great loss though as it was low on ink which would have cost more than the new printer we bought.

JerseyMatt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.