Cost of Boys toys

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:23 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all
Default Cost of Boys toys

Ok - getting excited now as we have 2 viewings on our house tonight!!

One thing I have been looking into is the cost of TV's, home cinema etc. My current setup is a projector and cinema kit.

We don't own a conventional TV and I was planning on buying a new one (LCD) and chucking it in the container. My cinema sound kit is also on the way out.

A bit of searching on google.co.nz has left me thinking that I would better off taking my sterling to NZ and buying goods there instead.

Anyone looked into this? (assume exchange rate is £1=$3 for ease of conversion)

Cheers
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:23 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Boys toys

Originally Posted by GowHow
Ok - getting excited now as we have 2 viewings on our house tonight!!

One thing I have been looking into is the cost of TV's, home cinema etc. My current setup is a projector and cinema kit.

We don't own a conventional TV and I was planning on buying a new one (LCD) and chucking it in the container. My cinema sound kit is also on the way out.

A bit of searching on google.co.nz has left me thinking that I would better off taking my sterling to NZ and buying goods there instead.

Anyone looked into this? (assume exchange rate is £1=$3 for ease of conversion)

Cheers
I am the man you really need to talk to
Old Nov 4th 2006, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
I am the man you really need to talk to

Whatever the cost saving either end I would just say....

Have you thought about warrentys?
If I was buying a high price item, I want to know its garenteed for a few years, how would that work if you bought it in UK then brought it over???
Even if they say its a internation garentee wouldn't it be easier to buy here?
Old Nov 4th 2006, 10:50 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Whatever the cost saving either end I would just say....

Have you thought about warrentys?
If I was buying a high price item, I want to know its garenteed for a few years, how would that work if you bought it in UK then brought it over???
Even if they say its a internation garentee wouldn't it be easier to buy here?
Maybe.

If you are buying a Japanese product, Pioneer ect. then you tend to find that the warranty is global. Something like Arcam (which I have) then maybe not.

However I do have a very good friend who owns a few large AV chains in the Uk and I can get stuff very cheap. This may offset the risk. For me anyway
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Tell me more ..... discount??

Am after 42" plasma tv within next month, stuff will be put in storage beginning of Dec!

PM or email me

Dirk
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Kerry & Dirk
Tell me more ..... discount??

Am after 42" plasma tv within next month, stuff will be put in storage beginning of Dec!

PM or email me

Dirk
Personally I wouldnt touch plasma. The technology as too many flaws. IMHO LCD is the better of the 2 technologies (SED will be out in a few years). But horses for courses

PM on its way
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

lmw999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jack,
I will also be in the market for a plasma / LCD tv. i was holding back on buying one here because i was told that no uk TVs will work in NZ without connection through a NZ video?
Is this true if not i may be interested in your friend
PS Had visions of my tv on the wall with a video beneath :scared: , so was holding out to buy in NZ
cheers Lee
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lmw999
Hi Jack,
I will also be in the market for a plasma / LCD tv. i was holding back on buying one here because i was told that no uk TVs will work in NZ without connection through a NZ video?
Is this true if not i may be interested in your friend
PS Had visions of my tv on the wall with a video beneath :scared: , so was holding out to buy in NZ
cheers Lee
Most if not all modern TV's will be mutli format ie PAL, SECAM or NTSC with all sound formats included ie PAL-I (UK), PAL (J) ect.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:51 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Most if not all modern TV's will be mutli format ie PAL, SECAM or NTSC with all sound formats included ie PAL-I (UK), PAL (J) ect.

So glad you said that!!! We've just bought a new one & I told kev it'd work in NZ without knowing for sure!!! Owe you one
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
So glad you said that!!! We've just bought a new one & I told kev it'd work in NZ without knowing for sure!!! Owe you one
If you give me the make and model number I can double check if you want
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:14 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

If you give me the make and model number I can double check if you want

Its one of those Japanese things that you don't rate!!! although we did go for the LCD so that must get a few brownie points
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:17 pm
Banned

Its one of those Japanese things that you don't rate!!! although we did go for the LCD so that must get a few brownie points
No the Japanese LCD's are great, its the Plasma's I dont

Hell I have a Japanese LCD myself. Lovely looking oriental thing she is to. Very angular, straight line, but alas no curves
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:25 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

No the Japanese LCD's are great, its the Plasma's I dont

Hell I have a Japanese LCD myself. Lovely looking oriental thing she is to. Very angular, straight line, but alas no curves

Does MRs D. know?!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:27 pm
Banned

Does MRs D. know?!!!!
Well I've hung her on my living room wall

Would'nt fit on my bedroom ceiling
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:30 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've hung her on my living room wall

Would'nt fit on my bedroom ceiling
mmm - our 72kg CRT would pull the whole house down if strapped to the ceiling.....but then the picture is *lush* off the Denon 2900...............with Mark Grant cabling (cracking value)...../stop me before I get onto hifi/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.