Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Corrections Officer hoping to hear from other Correction Officers in New Zealand

Corrections Officer hoping to hear from other Correction Officers in New Zealand

Old Jun 21st 2014, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

pedchini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Corrections Officer hoping to hear from other Correction Officers in New Zealand

Hello,

I have been working as a Federal Correctional Officer in a maximum-security federal institution in my country since June,2011.

I recently found out that the Corrections Department of New Zealand is hiring people for the position of Correctional Officer, which encouraged me to apply for the job.

I wonder if there is anyone here who works for for the Department of Corrections and may talk about the function.

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 10:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Corrections Officer hoping to hear from other Correction Officers in New Zealand

Hit here and welcome to this NZ forum.

As you will see I have moved your post to a thread of it's own to draw more attention to it. If you would like the thread title altered , just let me know.

There have been a few Correction Officers about the place in the past. Hopefully one will pass by soon.

This old thread was about the occupation Click the link.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corrections Officer hoping to hear from other Correction Officers in New Zealand

yep I work for Dept of corrections what do you need to know
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you BEVS for moving the post to another thread, as well as your prompt response.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi Justcol, as said before I am already a correctional officer here in Brazil and I am quite interested in applying for the same position in New Zealand. However, I'm rather concerned about whether the wage currently offered is going to be enough to keep up with the cost of living in NZ. Additionally, are the any other benefits offered, besides the gross wage? If there are, please, let me know; so that I can decide on going ahead with the applycation process.

Thanks for your attention,

Pedchini