Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Correction Officers - still being recruited from UK?

Correction Officers - still being recruited from UK?

Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Tia 33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Correction Officers - still being recruited from UK?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if there was anyone on here that knows if Correction Officers are still being recruited from the UK. Indeed, is there anyone from the UK who is going through/recently gone through the process?

I am awaiting replies from the various regions of the Correction Departments to see if they are recruiting, but thought I would ask here in the meantime.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

gavandpip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Correction Officers - still being recruited from UK?

Hi,

I'm moving over to Christchurch in a matter of weeks to start a job as a Probation Officer (I'm fully qualified in the UK). If you've got your UK qualifications you'll have no problem getting a job over there. From what I understand they are no longer actively recruiting from the UK so it's up to you to initiate contact. I emailed the HR dept over there and attached my CV. Shortly afterwards a manager there emailed me asking if I would like an interview. Needless to say I said yes!!! It was a 2 hour panel interview over the telephone and a couple of weeks later (once they'd verified all my qualifications and spoken to my manager) I got the job. They offered it to me at the begginning of November and have agreed to hold it until mid April for me, I've been very lucky. All in all, so far it's been a positive experience and they've beeen very friendly and helpful, including getting me all the papaerwork for my residency (which has just been granted) YAY!!!

If I can help further just shout! Good luck!

Cheers, Pippa
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:25 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Good luck on your job ,if you dont like Christchurch there is Rimatuka prison nearby here at Upper Hutt Wellinton.Just make sure you are familiar with all the prison rules over here ,that is the prisoners run the prisons and you are expected to co operate with getting them the things they need ie drugs and mobile phones.Parole is good here they usually commit an offence again very shortly after being paroled.A good recent case here was a parolee shot and killed a guy for no reason at all just a few days into his parole.Same thing different country? Welcome to NZ
The good side is ,weather ,beaches and bbq`s,cheap beer,cars,fuel ,expats ,good fishing,lots more too numerous to write down.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

jasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to all

Hi Tia,

They are not recruiting from UK at present. I start as a corrections officer in March. Had to do all the groundwork myself which included going over for an interview and assessment. Then sorting everything out with NZIS. But worth it in the end we have our PR and are flying to CHCH on the 3rd March

Jason