Coronavirus

Old Nov 13th 2021, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
They were dobbed in and it still took a number of days for them to agree to be tested. These won't of been the only people not getting tested in a timely fashion & being out in the community.
FFS. you seriously have to wonder what is wrong with some people and how can they be so dumb have they been under a rock for the past 18 months or more - the article I saw quoted them as saying it was 'the sickest they have ever been' and they only agreed to get tested after they realised it was a 'potentially a serious illness'. That folks is why the PM has to speak to everyone like they are five years old, because there's just no telling some people.
Old Nov 13th 2021, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Stopped worrying about it a long time ago.

Let em die, it's a choice and they're all about choice 👍
Old Nov 13th 2021, 11:59 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Stopped worrying about it a long time ago. Let em die, it's a choice and they're all about choice 👍
How are we supposed to promote infantilism with an attitude like that?

It's become clear to me that the sooner this becomes endemic the sooner we'll get back to normal. I never thought I'd be in the position of hoping the virus spreads more rapidly but here we are.
Old Nov 13th 2021, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I never thought I'd be in the position of hoping the virus spreads more rapidly but here we are.
It seems were both pushing for the same thing. I've simply voiced the inevitable.
People want a right to choose. They have it.
Lots of them will die. I'm beyond caring. As things stand now, everyone has been given ample opportunity to protect themselves, they've made their choice.
Old Nov 13th 2021, 11:48 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like there are cases in Tararua district today so its crossed into the Lower North Island now.

To your point though there are 90 people in hospital with the coronavirus and 50 of those are unvaccinated. No report on the health status of the other 40 (e.g. elderly, underlying conditions etc.) but it would be interesting to see a fuller overview.

Last edited by Charismatic; Nov 13th 2021 at 11:54 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
It's become clear to me that the sooner this becomes endemic the sooner we'll get back to normal. I never thought I'd be in the position of hoping the virus spreads more rapidly but here we are.
Too true, it’s been clear for ages.

The PMs clearly disappointed & still feels some blame to Aucklanders that this has spread and not contained, witness Hamilton been moved back to Level 2 on the back of ‘high vaccination rate’ today, we’ve had the same & higher vaccination rates in Auckland for sometime, indeed before super Saturday was dreamt of.

Old Nov 15th 2021, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

With the falling polls, we are though beginning to see movements from the PM and govt.

In another two days, day 92 of lockdown, we’ll have decision on the Auckland border, as the PM ‘will talk in a bit more detail about where we have landed’.
Here’s hoping we don’t have booking slots, lotteries to book a drive though slot, or needing a recent negative swab up the nose test, one can only the imagine the queues!
Old Nov 16th 2021, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo so excited ! Have COVID passport - will travel!

Easy as!
Old Nov 17th 2021, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

While I'm sure today's news will be welcomed by all affected by the Auckland lockdown, you could see it wasn't a decision Cindy was keen on as she gave us the details through clenched teeth.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Indeed, it’s still a month away yet, and will fall on Day 120 of current lockdown, and by then a whacking 37% of the year will have spent in Lockdown in Auckland.
It will have been short n sharp for sure!

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/12701...nd-border?rm=a

And even now with this firm date, still no same for Auckland being moved to enclosed red Traffic Light, so we’ll await yet another podium review on 29th November.

As it is Auckland DHB is now 90% second dose if rounding whole numbers.

It’s beyond time for the vaccinated to have privileges of the red traffic light.

Seems there are issues with the newly released vaccine passport website, I registered nearly a month ago, but still there wasn’t a working option to print any QR code earlier today on release day.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Seems there are issues with the newly released vaccine passport website, I registered nearly a month ago, but still there wasn’t a working option to print any QR code earlier today on release day.
Jeez, do you ever miss an opportunity to have a moan; whoever could have guessed that a new system, such as this, would have some teething issues and be overloaded on Day 1? Just a little bit of patience is all that's required, I got mine emailed to me at 9.45am, literally seconds after I logged in and requested it. Yes, it took me a couple of refreshes to get logged in because the system clearly was maxed out, as expected, but ultimately surprised (a) that we even got these so soon and (b) at how easy it was to get it downloaded to my phone.

Old Nov 17th 2021, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Jeez, do you ever miss an opportunity to have a moan; whoever could have guessed that a new system, such as this, would have some teething issues and be overloaded on Day 1? Just a little bit of patience is all that's required, I got mine emailed to me at 9.45am, literally seconds after I logged in and requested it. Yes, it took me a couple of refreshes to get logged in because the system clearly was maxed out, as expected, but ultimately surprised (a) that we even got these so soon and (b) at how easy it was to get it downloaded to my phone.
With all due respect, a vaccine passport could have been with us sometime ago, had development started before October. After all 2021 was the year of the vaccine!

Were it available now, there’s no reason Auckland couldn’t be in a red traffic light now, the privileges there in the TLs, are with the vaccinated.
& Auckland’s double jab rate now already more than when many DHBs will be on 15th December move when effectively all with move to red traffic light lights, or for the more privileged an amber or green light.

Anyways not losing any sleep over it, as it is a minimum of 12 or 14 days to download it, presuming we get positive news on November 29’s podium.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 9:01 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Couldn't care either way on vaccine passports, most other countries realised it was futile and abandoned the initiative. Would rather have the new retroviral drugs from Prfizer and Merck ready to go and rapid testing kits mailed to households. If we're going to do "something" make that "something" a thing that'll make an actual difference.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, it’s still a month away yet, and will fall on Day 120 of current lockdown, and by then a whacking 37% of the year will have spent in Lockdown in Auckland.
It will have been short n sharp for sure!

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/12701...nd-border?rm=a

And even now with this firm date, still no same for Auckland being moved to enclosed red Traffic Light, so we’ll await yet another podium review on 29th November.

As it is Auckland DHB is now 90% second dose if rounding whole numbers.

It’s beyond time for the vaccinated to have privileges of the red traffic light.

Given this is my field of work, I am not surprised that there has been issues with the website crashing, or multiple refreshes taking place.

You're banging your head against a brick wall when you mention the naughty word performance. Lotto NZ, multiple Govt departments, they're all the same. Out of all the companies I've worked for since being here, only one have taken it seriously. Best thing to do is leave it for a day or two until its time to access.

Bear in mind, there are a few things to defend the release here. The MOH have had many other projects on, its been extremely difficult hiring staff this year, the refusal to accommodate remote working and you're dealing with decision makers that just want the thing out, even if there are issues. I don't think the development of this started in October, I think it started some time in April/May time to accommodate the year of the vaccine (be ready for 2022). Delta saw the end to that.

Least we're not Austria and thankfully my folks back home can safely shop in Tesco given the uproar from the advert. The reaction is like South Islanders moaning about anyone travelling to Auckland

Old Nov 17th 2021, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anyways not losing any sleep over it, as it is a minimum of 12 or 14 days to download it, presuming we get positive news on November 29’s podium.
You're clearly not looking at the same vaccine pass as me (International Travel is different altogether) - the COVID pass for domestic travel and your freedom to travel outside of Auckland, into event and places in the new 'Traffic Light' world will require the vaccine pass and surely you know that - it take literally seconds to request and is sent to you almost instantly. My OH did his just now and its a 30 second job.

We have already had the positive news: at best we might go to Code Red a day or two after 29th November and at very least the border out / into Auckland will be opened on 15th December, regardless of vaccine status of the rest of the country. You will need your vaccine pass to exit Auckland but seems highly unlikely this will be policed with any vigour, as PM says you might expect some random checks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.