Coronavirus

Old Sep 14th 2021, 4:44 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
Maybe try to get "a high ranking legal professional" to adopt you so you can go to Wānaka for a bit of a lockdown holiday? Name suppression is doing such a sterling job of keeping it a secret that it's only been mentioned to me on several occasions despite never having asked.
Neigh Neddy. It was out of the nosebag way before name suppression was judged necessary to protect the poor wanaka w****r luvies hence the overnight legal scramble. It will be a case of what goes on in one's family chambers should stay in one's chambers. Even the bloke's bluddy dog couldn't behave itself when out with his Mummy it seems.

What a complete and utter pair of arse'oles .

Old Sep 14th 2021, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe try to get "a high ranking legal professional" to adopt you so you can go to Wānaka for a bit of a lockdown holiday? Name suppression is doing such a sterling job of keeping it a secret that it's only been mentioned to me on several occasions despite never having asked.
Funny, I was in Wanaka last week, but I was allowed your honor, it was level 2
Old Sep 14th 2021, 10:50 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Named themselves now. Good test case for the New Zealand court system, will they prosecute one of their own to time in the clink or will it just be a fine, which as we know is only a punishment for poor people.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

The vaccine does substantially reduce hospitalisations (and deaths) so I doubt we'll see a situation as bad as the UK early this year even. I wish there was an alternate scenario but we can't go on like this for years.
What happens when a new variant appears in NZ Echo or foxtrot variant? Torrie government don't care they will let it rip in the UK.

Even when 80% is vaccinated you will still end up in lockdowns. but it wont be lockdowns like NZ does. 1 Case and lets lock the fooker down on level 4.
It will be like UK lockdowns which is probs like NZ level 2-3.
Some malls closed. pubs and restraunts and clubs restricted. people that can work from home are at home.
Same is going happen in the UK over next few months to control the virus.

Same as the vaccines and cases has been done gradually together in most euros countries.
The countries have been in level 2-3 type lockdowns and vaccinated 70-80% populations and started easing restrictions at the same time.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

The vaccine does substantially reduce hospitalisations (and deaths) so I doubt we'll see a situation as bad as the UK early this year even. I wish there was an alternate scenario but we can't go on like this for years.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...X33WEQM2OYCY4/

Read what prof Mick says at the bottom of the page.
I ain't got a hons in Health but i can see exactly what he means living with it now.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 5:35 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I've looked through UK ONS publication and found their data for this year:

Just then looking back at 2018 (the last normal years of data) there where 29,516 people who died with influenza or pneumonia in the UK. So that 458 fully vaccinated deaths in the last column tends to indicate a very low risk for the vaccinated compared to what would be considered normal background deaths.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 12:47 am
Truth is the safest lie.

The overall daily vaccinations seem to be slowing. Plenty of vaccine and trained vaccinators?

Old Sep 17th 2021, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

The overall daily vaccinations seem to be slowing. Plenty of vaccine and trained vaccinators?
I think maybe just timing, over 3 million people have now had a first dose and a good number of those will only have been done at the peak in the last few weeks, so there would be a tail off and then another big wave of folks due for second vaccine all at the same time. All news suggests that the capacity is available and plenty of free slots, with Jacinda urging anyone who hasn't had a first jab to call to rearrange dates of appointments or rock up at the drive throughs for jabs now rather than wait for their appointments which may not otherwise have been until October.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 4:52 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles View Post
I think maybe just timing, over 3 million people have now had a first dose and a good number of those will only have been done at the peak in the last few weeks, so there would be a tail off and then another big wave of folks due for second vaccine all at the same time..

Old Sep 17th 2021, 12:34 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

I think maybe just timing, over 3 million people have now had a first dose and a good number of those will only have been done at the peak in the last few weeks, so there would be a tail off and then another big wave of folks due for second vaccine all at the same time. All news suggests that the capacity is available and plenty of free slots, with Jacinda urging anyone who hasn't had a first jab to call to rearrange dates of appointments or rock up at the drive throughs for jabs now rather than wait for their appointments which may not otherwise have been until October.
Good, hopefully border reopening will also push many of the hesitant off the fence.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone I know from work and friends has had at least their first jab - many have simply 'fast-tracked' by rocking up to the walk-in or drive-throughs instead of waiting for their original appointments, most of which were originally booked in for late September and October. I personally don't know of anyone who has been hesitant / sitting on the fence or obviously anti-vax and the addition of vaxxing family bubbles including kid age 12+ seems to have been a bit of a winner in terms of getting people motivated to go as a family outing during lockdown.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone I know from work and friends has had at least their first jab -
I wish I could say the same. I have one colleague refusing because it "alters your DNA", another because he trusts the lord, and a another lady who has injected so much bottox into her face that its now almost impossible to tell if she's laughing or crying, who says she doesn't trust the vaccine to be safe and therefore will not have it "in my body"
Old Sep 18th 2021, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Justcol View Post
I wish I could say the same. I have one colleague refusing because it "alters your DNA", another because he trusts the lord, and a another lady who has injected so much bottox into her face that its now almost impossible to tell if she's laughing or crying, who says she doesn't trust the vaccine to be safe and therefore will not have it "in my body"
I am not sure how I would respond to those - I think some interesting challenges ahead in some workplaces in regards to those that refuse to be vaxxed.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey
Old Sep 18th 2021, 6:32 am
Somewhere

We have the "Trust the Lord" around here. Also have a closeish neighbour who doesn't believe in annual vax precautions for her dogs so guess how she is about a pfizer shot. She's a courier driver.

Our immediate neighbours have told us that some of their friendships have been under strain because of some of the notions their peers have been peddling. Govt control seems to be a stupid big one. The vaccine makes you sick, not the virus, is another. Trust your own immune system yet another. I was actually quite shocked. These are not bogan type of folks. These will be teachers and other professionals.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 18th 2021 at 6:36 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.