Coronavirus

Old Aug 18th 2021, 7:22 am
  #931  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 293
jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Justcol
Couldn't agree more. I'm sick of people panicking and whining about it. Get vaxxed and open the gates. If you don't get vaxxed, hard luck , the choice is yours, suffer the consequences and shut up.
There's plenty of other stuff out there that'll kill you, that's being ignored.
Mate I have been back in England since May.
All the shite you hear in NZ about how bad the UK is with covid. It's propaganda scare mongering.
The only difference I have noticed since May is I had to wear a mask in Tesco when I first got back. Apart from that everything is the exact same.
UK lockdowns everyone is still at work and going about there normal day to day stuff.
Everything is back to normal here except traveling to different countries has limits.
this zero case nonsense isn't sustainable at all.
jarv5116 is offline  
Old Aug 18th 2021, 9:05 pm
  #932  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: bottom of the world
Posts: 4,537
Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by jarv5116
Mate I have been back in England since May.
All the shite you hear in NZ about how bad the UK is with covid. It's propaganda scare mongering.
The only difference I have noticed since May is I had to wear a mask in Tesco when I first got back. Apart from that everything is the exact same.
UK lockdowns everyone is still at work and going about there normal day to day stuff.
Everything is back to normal here except traveling to different countries has limits.
this zero case nonsense isn't sustainable at all.
My boy in Manchester told me the exact same thing. And my boy in Paris says everything is back to normal there. Think the UK is around 80% vaxxed, which considering the almost 70 million population, shows a level of commitment that makes a mockery of NZ's sad effort, despite Boris's best efforts to bugger it all up with his bungling way
Justcol is offline  
Old Aug 18th 2021, 9:34 pm
  #933  
She'll be right
 
Pom_Chch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Near the beach, NZ
Posts: 1,498
Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Are you both forgetting what's happened in the UK over the last 18 months? So many people dead and sick, health services overwhelmed, lock down after lock down. NZ has had none of that, we've had a normal life. Look at what the UK have gone through to get to the point they are now. Yes NZ are slower to reach that point granted but we will do it without the terrible head count that the UK has. The UK are roughly back to normal now but at a massive cost to other people's lives and health. I for one am glad to have been in NZ the past 18 months and, glad to be here now and in the years to come. Bloody glad I haven't spent that time in the UK and glad I'm not there now!

Pom_Chch is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 12:13 am
  #934  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 293
jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Are you both forgetting what's happened in the UK over the last 18 months? So many people dead and sick, health services overwhelmed, lock down after lock down. NZ has had none of that, we've had a normal life. Look at what the UK have gone through to get to the point they are now. Yes NZ are slower to reach that point granted but we will do it without the terrible head count that the UK has. The UK are roughly back to normal now but at a massive cost to other people's lives and health. I for one am glad to have been in NZ the past 18 months and, glad to be here now and in the years to come. Bloody glad I haven't spent that time in the UK and glad I'm not there now!
Mate don't belive everything you read in the NZ news about how terrible it's been in the UK.
It was the same as the whole of Europe. The only proper lock down in the UK was when it first kicked off.
All the other lockdown since people have been going to work and getting on with there lives. All the guys I work with says the only thing different about the whole 18 months they actually noticed was they couldn't go for a pint at the pub after work. The UK lockdowns are like NZ at level 2 not level 4 where u need to ring jacinda to go for a shit.
I'm not forgetting nothing. The UK has let it rip for nearly 18 months what jacinda is shitting it todo. At some point its going to need to go and take the hit with it. The UK is still getting 25k-30k cases a day now and 100 people dead a day. But more people die with the flu and pneumonia now.
Honestly your looking at everyth8ng through NZ media. I was the exact same when I was in NZ. I got back to the UK in may and I thought everyone would be spraying everything and social distance strict and wash hands and disentfecting everything. Nope ain't seen nothing.honeslty wouldn't even notice anything different except wearing a mask in Tesco. I have been back 5 months and there is zero difference with my freedom in the UK than I had in NZ before I left. actually more freedom in the UK cause you can go abroad now without isolating on return.
Like last week I was on a job lifting a hot tub for a family. Got to the house the family all had covid. Still done the job and they paid me the cash ect. Never caught the virus. If that was in NZ they would be putting flags outside house to warn others to stay away or closing down pak n save for a deep clean for a week.

Last edited by jarv5116; Aug 19th 2021 at 12:24 am.
jarv5116 is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 7:52 am
  #935  
She'll be right
 
Pom_Chch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Near the beach, NZ
Posts: 1,498
Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by jarv5116
Mate don't belive everything you read in the NZ news about how terrible it's been in the UK.
It was the same as the whole of Europe. The only proper lock down in the UK was when it first kicked off.
All the other lockdown since people have been going to work and getting on with there lives. All the guys I work with says the only thing different about the whole 18 months they actually noticed was they couldn't go for a pint at the pub after work. The UK lockdowns are like NZ at level 2 not level 4 where u need to ring jacinda to go for a shit.
I'm not forgetting nothing. The UK has let it rip for nearly 18 months what jacinda is shitting it todo. At some point its going to need to go and take the hit with it. The UK is still getting 25k-30k cases a day now and 100 people dead a day. But more people die with the flu and pneumonia now.
Honestly your looking at everyth8ng through NZ media. I was the exact same when I was in NZ. I got back to the UK in may and I thought everyone would be spraying everything and social distance strict and wash hands and disentfecting everything. Nope ain't seen nothing.honeslty wouldn't even notice anything different except wearing a mask in Tesco. I have been back 5 months and there is zero difference with my freedom in the UK than I had in NZ before I left. actually more freedom in the UK cause you can go abroad now without isolating on return.
Like last week I was on a job lifting a hot tub for a family. Got to the house the family all had covid. Still done the job and they paid me the cash ect. Never caught the virus. If that was in NZ they would be putting flags outside house to warn others to stay away or closing down pak n save for a deep clean for a week.
Now I'm sure you're a troll because no one is that thick 不不
Pom_Chch is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 8:26 am
  #936  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: In a large village called Auckland
Posts: 5,249
Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by jarv5116
The only difference I have noticed since May is I had to wear a mask in Tesco when I first got back. Apart from that everything is the exact same.
UK lockdowns everyone is still at work and going about there normal day to day stuff.
Everything is back to normal here except traveling to different countries has limits.
You seem to have forgotten that almost the whole world was in same lockdown situation in March and April last year but apart from the past two days we've enjoyed total freedom for the past year, and haven't been in any kind lockdown since the end of August 20 (aside from quarantine for overseas visitors / returnees). We haven't had to wear a mask, except for on public transport since then and nobody has been disinfecting trollies or anything like that. We're all free to leave if we so wish.
Bo-Jangles is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 8:27 am
  #937  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 293
jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Now I'm sure you're a troll because no one is that thick 不不
No I'm not a troll or thick.
Its living with the virus and getting on with shit.
Everything I say is the truth why would I lie or talk shite. This is the reality that sooner or later in NZ yoh are going to realise. the virus isn't going anywere and your going to need to live with it.
You ask any normal person or any person I work with everyone has the same opion about the virus. No one wear masks, No social distancing, No washing hands every 5 mins, No closing shit down because there was a case in a store. its back to normal here and has been since I have been home in May.
I had the same opion when I lived in NZ. I thought it would be really strict in the UK. I was wrong thou.
when the vaccine programme in NZ is finished your still going to have 1k's and 1k's of cases. There is zero way out of it the way NZ is managing it long term.
jarv5116 is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 8:38 am
  #938  
She'll be right
 
Pom_Chch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Near the beach, NZ
Posts: 1,498
Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Of course we will open up again and not be in constant lock downs. The biggest difference is the UK are 80% fully vaccinated, NZ is 20%. Yes NZ have been slow to vaccinate but that is set to change come late August/early September. The risk is of sickness and death is too high in NZ with Delta variant currently. The health system would not cope especially with beds being taken up by RSV cases. NZ and UK are in completely different positions with the virus at the moment. If you are silly enough to think the UK is in a better position after 130k deaths vs 30 in NZ then I question your sanity. NZ will be where the UK are by the end of the year/early next year except without the huge death toll. I would rather be locked down in NZ than 'free' in the UK knowing it's the right thing to do!
Pom_Chch is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 8:47 am
  #939  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: bottom of the world
Posts: 4,537
Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Now I'm sure you're a troll because no one is that thick 不不
I'd have to ask who's the idiot here. The guy in the UK who's vaccinated and being realistic about the risks, or the muppet shitting themselves in NZ, frightened of everything and everyone in case they burp, fart or cough near them meaning they'll have to crawl back into a darkened room and shove their head back into the sand because the dopey sod can't see beyond the end of their nose.
no one is saying this crap isn't here, but let's be realistic about what's going on.
Justcol is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 9:04 am
  #940  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 293
jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Justcol
I'd have to ask who's the idiot here. The guy in the UK who's vaccinated and being realistic about the risks, or the muppet shitting themselves in NZ, frightened of everything and everyone in case they burp, fart or cough near them meaning they'll have to crawl back into a darkened room and shove their head back into the sand because the dopey sod can't see beyond the end of their nose.
no one is saying this crap isn't here, but let's be realistic about what's going on.
Thank god someone else thats realistic about the whole covid situation.
That's what NZ is like with the virus as soon as a case appears its like panic stations.
Honestly you wouldn't even know a virus is in the UK. Everyone is over the shit and getting on with it and living with it.
jarv5116 is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 9:17 am
  #941  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: North Canterbury
Posts: 487
Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by jarv5116
Mate I have been back in England since May.
All the shite you hear in NZ about how bad the UK is with covid. It's propaganda scare mongering.
The only difference I have noticed since May is I had to wear a mask in Tesco when I first got back. Apart from that everything is the exact same.
UK lockdowns everyone is still at work and going about there normal day to day stuff.
Everything is back to normal here except traveling to different countries has limits.
this zero case nonsense isn't sustainable at all.
That doesn't happen all the time, many reports here have lauded the fabulous job that the UK have done with the vaccination roll out. Even the Herald has praised the UK for it and they're usually the ones that would jump on any opportunity for a little point score.
Is there much media attention around our pathetic refusal to not vaccinate people with the AstraZeneca and the Janssen vaccines. They've been approved by Medsafe now since July and that was way too long to take, but the leaders still refuse to give them to the public. It was such a great opportunity to do that yesterday, but for some reason they didn't. Then again, this is the country that refuses to allow a significant majority of the population to donate blood.
Tom H is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 9:19 am
  #942  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 293
jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Of course we will open up again and not be in constant lock downs. The biggest difference is the UK are 80% fully vaccinated, NZ is 20%. Yes NZ have been slow to vaccinate but that is set to change come late August/early September. The risk is of sickness and death is too high in NZ with Delta variant currently. The health system would not cope especially with beds being taken up by RSV cases. NZ and UK are in completely different positions with the virus at the moment. If you are silly enough to think the UK is in a better position after 130k deaths vs 30 in NZ then I question your sanity. NZ will be where the UK are by the end of the year/early next year except without the huge death toll. I would rather be locked down in NZ than 'free' in the UK knowing it's the right thing to do!
Your not listening to what im saying.
Even with 80% vaccinated 100 people are dead every day and 25 to 30k cases a day. You think NZ health systems would cope with that any different to now?
The right thing todo was develop a vaccine UK did it.
Invest heavily in Health care. UK did
pay the wonga for the vaccines and invest in a vaccine programme the UK did.
Your trying to compare NZ cases and deaths to the UK it's a totally different ball game in the UK.
Population difference and how busy the cities are. NZ is easy to control it and keep it under control as the population and density is alot lower.
jarv5116 is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 10:49 am
  #943  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: In a large village called Auckland
Posts: 5,249
Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by jarv5116
That's what NZ is like with the virus as soon as a case appears its like panic stations.
Where's the panic? Supermarkets went a bit mentals on broccoli, bread milk and veggies on hearing the first news on Tuesday. Most people I know were ready for another wee winter lockdown retreat at home and quite looking forward to time to another Formal Friday with Hil Baz today, baking another batch of sourdough or banana bread and catching up on Netflix. I haven't heard any complaints so far.


Bo-Jangles is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 3:00 pm
  #944  
Truth is the safest lie.
 
Charismatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: @ the beach.
Posts: 7,246
Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

We'll see what happens but if this gets worse over the next few weeks I might book a flight back to the UK for a while. I love New Zealand but not enough to do a Sydney style perpetual lockdown until the government gets it's act togeather on vaccinations, we are still under a million fully vaccinated so have a fair way to go.
Charismatic is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2021, 5:51 pm
  #945  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: permanently locked down
Posts: 733
chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Yeah, little doubt the NZ govt vaccine strollout is to blame for the strict level 4 lockdown we have now.

There can be no pretence otherwise, its just lucky weve got so far since the last one.

Strange decision to go for Pfizer only & then happy to remain at the back of queue for receiving them, on the premise we dont have any CV19.

Only last week it was being promoted here that there will still be lockdowns with a single case when were fully double jabbed! Madness, its proven that people still pick up CV19 when double jabbed, just largely protected from the symptoms.
So thats so likely more of these lockdowns.

Hopefully this isnt going to fly after this latest lockdown.

With better management everyone should have been jabbed by July.
instead only 40% Police have had a single jab, Port workers in Tauranga the other week unjabbed, my parents in their 70s had their first jab on Tuesday, mine was supposed to be Wednesday but instead with lack of preparation we had vaccines suspended for 24 hours.

So how long this lockdown??
chocolate cake is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.