Coronavirus

Old May 13th 2020, 6:44 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

I make my voting decisions based on the targets governments set themselves when elected. So I'll be looking at what's been achieved so far on the governments key policies areas from 2017:
Housing (KiwiBuild building 100,000 homes)
Health (additional $8bn invested + free access to mental health assistance)
Clean Rivers (i.e. Environmental legislation on lowland water quality)
Transport (Auckland light rail and roading projects)
Education (additional $6bn invested)
Employment and innovation (most goals where actually around tax reform)

Some areas it looks like government will meet their goals (e.g. Health and Education spending increases) while others need urgent action to get back on track (e.g. Housing and Tax Reform.)

I would caution against buying into a "cult of leadership" no matter how appealing. As President Donald Trump shows a perfect world would still be a leaderless world. A government should be an organisation and not a person.
Old May 13th 2020, 6:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I make my voting decisions based on the targets governments set themselves when elected. So I'll be looking at what's been achieved so far on the governments key policies areas from 2017:
Housing (KiwiBuild building 100,000 homes)
Health (additional $8bn invested + free access to mental health assistance)
Clean Rivers (i.e. Environmental legislation on lowland water quality)
Transport (Auckland light rail and roading projects)
Education (additional $6bn invested)
Employment and innovation (most goals where actually around tax reform)
Absolutely . Problemo being that it is now global shifting sand so the playing field has been sunk under liquefaction & one now needs to look to new underpinning and foundations.

I would caution against buying into a "cult of leadership" no matter how appealing. As President Donald Trump shows a perfect world would still be a leaderless world. A government should be an organisation and not a person.
I absolutely agree , hence my post. Unlessof course you are suggesting I have bought into 'media personality'. All I can say is that it is not the case. It is about the hand on the rudder in uncertain waters. Do not take off the known hand for the reactive hand and unproven. You want a firm still hand.

Trump? BoJo? You don't want someone given to spouting & flouting. That is not leadership.
Old May 13th 2020, 12:09 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Absolutely . Problemo being that it is now global shifting sand so the playing field has been sunk under liquefaction & one now needs to look to new underpinning and foundations.
Has the world changed? The goals the outlined last time still seem as pressing.

I'​​​​d imagine that after the budget they might be able to cross healthcare and educational spending off that list very easily. Others like KiwiBuild and Tax Reform, well, they require very urgent attention to get back on target before the next election as time is now running short.
​​​​
Old May 17th 2020, 5:23 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Looks like the tin foil hat brigade have been at it again with 5G towers. What would Marie Kondo do with these people that are not "sparking joy"? 🤔
Old May 26th 2020, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the tin foil hat brigade have been at it again with 5G towers. What would Marie Kondo do with these people that are not "sparking joy"? 🤔
There's a few of the tin hat brigade where I'm staying..think I'll continue to socially distance myself till I fly home 😁

Hope those up in the North aren't too shaken around by today and yesterday's rumbles.
Old May 28th 2020, 8:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

It's surprising how much less active I am when I work from home instead of being in an office. In the future we might need a hybrid between a home office and gym.
Old May 29th 2020, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

It's surprising how much less active I am when I work from home instead of being in an office. In the future we might need a hybrid between a home office and gym.

Yes it's a bit hard isn't it?! I'm trying to do a good daily routine including going out for a walk or I'll go insane, I suspect I'm halfway there..

It's my birthday in 2 weeks and I was supposed to fly from Christchurch to Welly this weekend for the first time ever, instead I'll be over here witha glass of gin. Welly can come later..

Still feel fortunate but also want my own bed 😣
Old May 29th 2020, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully won't be too much longer before they extend the bubble and allow Trans-Tasman travel.
Old May 29th 2020, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Hopefully won't be too much longer before they extend the bubble and allow Trans-Tasman travel.

I'm allowed to return to Nz as I'm ordinary a resident there but have been waiting to finish my work experience whichwas postponed. I'll be an enrolled nurse in July at the grand old age of 52..feeling quite happy about that!
Old May 29th 2020, 12:32 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

As I understand it we only have one known active case left. I wonder if, when we've had no active cases for a month or so, other countries will remove self isolation requirements for New Zealanders (and subsequently other countries without cases) when travelling abroad to try to boost tourism? Returning you'd still need to self isolate for two weeks of course.
Old May 29th 2020, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

As I understand it we only have one known active case left. I wonder if, when we've had no active cases for a month or so, other countries will remove self isolation requirements for New Zealanders (and subsequently other countries without cases) when travelling abroad to try to boost tourism? Returning you'd still need to self isolate for two weeks of course.
I'm not surenas yet. As it stands, returning in July I'd still have to isolate for 14 days especially goimg into healthcare, I can't see the Trans tasman bubble happening by then.

I'm not bothered as it will just be me as my younger daughter won't be coming over till a later date unless she changes her mind 😊
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 5:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Level 1 decision on Monday apparently at which point they will likely have had 14 days without a case. 🙂

What does level 1 mean?

Level 0 at some point in the future?
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Level 1 decision on Monday apparently at which point they will likely have had 14 days without a case. 🙂

What does level 1 mean?

Level 0 at some point in the future?
That's pretty danmed good, not much else to add !
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 9:35 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Mishclark
That's pretty danmed good, not much else to add !
I notice 'straya had -1 Coronavirus death today? Must be very distressing for the person who had to convince a coroner that they where, in actuality of not on paper, very much alive. Could have went either way.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

I notice 'straya had -1 Coronavirus death today? Must be very distressing for the person who had to convince a coroner that they where, in actuality of not on paper, very much alive. Could have went either way.
Freaking hopeless honesty, it's like the blind leading the blind here and I say that as an Aussie...

Apparently there was a young 30 year old guy in outback Qld who was the youngest person to die of Covid in Australia who hadn't left his area since February, but there were no cases where he was. He already had multiple underlying health issues. Now he hasn't passed from Covid. Test came back negative. Imagine the poor guy's family distress and his partner who is in isolation but also tested negative.

Honestly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.