Coronavirus

Old Mar 30th 2020, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
We had one of the early suspected cases at work so the contact tracing team got involved to investigate. Ministry of Health advised us that...
people need to have been in close contact (face to face and closer than 2 metres for 15 mins or more, AND had physical contact (which includes being coughed and sneezed on) or in a room for 2hrs or longer with an infected person
Surley it's get to be transmitted easier than that?
Old Mar 30th 2020, 2:04 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Went out to do the weekly shop. The supermarket was very busy but they let people walk in, most items where available except flour or UHT milk.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 3:12 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/healt...id19-diagnosis

this guy makes a good point up until he says "I didn't expect to test positive." Here lies the problem, everyone wants a test and not enough tests
Good to hear the Prime Minister say the same thing today about the need for more testing, they only conducted 1300 tests yesterday but have the capacity to do 3000 apparently. To manage this right down and stay on top of risk we need to get to a point where anyone with a slight cough or sniffle gets tested.

"Test, test, test." - WHO and our PM.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Went out to do the weekly shop. The supermarket was very busy but they let people walk in, most items where available except flour or UHT milk.
Yeah only thing not available at my supermarkets is flour aswell.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 7:01 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by jarv5116
Yeah only thing not available at my supermarkets is flour aswell.
As a bulk commodity it may just have a longer supply chain than higher margin products. Luckily I have no intention of doing any more baking anyway until the lockdown ends and life becomes less sedentary again.
​​​​​​
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

No flour at my shops either.
Scomo has refused to say the words "lockdown" but NSW premier and police minister have said it's lockdown in NSw and will remain in place until June 29th. Bye bye birthday (well I usually ignore it anyway!).

We are fortunate where restaurants, pubs, takeaways and retail have shut down, we can still order online. I did a Kmart order today as I need phone chargers and a few things.

I do agree with all this, it needs to be done, and although I'm by myself a lot, I'm struggling with the isolation, usually I'd be able to go for a walk with my friend along the Avon , meet a friend for a coffee. Which is hard for me to admit.

But chin up, all for the best...to save lives. .Hope you guys are ok over there..
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 5:28 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

...meh. Not much going on, there are more cases but there is still insufficient testing to get a read on which way this is going. Either way a month of this and I expect lockdown fatigue will set in, at that point persisting with these measures will be a waste of time and money so it'll be probably be back to work for us regardless.

Old Apr 2nd 2020, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

...meh. Not much going on, there are more cases but there is still insufficient testing to get a read on which way this is going. Either way a month of this and I expect lockdown fatigue will set in, at that point persisting with these measures will be a waste of time and money so it'll be probably be back to work for us regardless.
I think we're on the same timeline, been just over a week here as well. I'm probably a bit nuttier as I did 14 days self isolation then this but all good.
I'm studying so advantage is I'll knock the rest of it in the next few months, do my work experience in 3 week block when I'm allowed.

Found a great walking route, 50 minures each way which is the most I've done.

I might actually come out of this skinny as 😂
Glad you guys are ok..
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 10:02 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Mishclark
I think we're on the same timeline, been just over a week here as well. I'm probably a bit nuttier as I did 14 days self isolation then this but all good.
Yeah, I did note there​ is already commentary about the need for increased testing. Surveillance is the first step towards active management and curtailing current measures. The socioeconomic consequences of extending quarantine may far outweigh any further benefit.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, I did note there​ is already commentary about the need for increased testing. Surveillance is the first step towards active management and curtailing current measures. The socioeconomic consequences of extending quarantine may far outweigh any further benefit.
Totally agree. .
Old Apr 4th 2020, 10:32 am
Truth is the safest lie.

The panic buying of countries has offered an insight into their preferences and habits. While most purchased long life items - Australians bought toilet role, Americans flour and Kiwis UHT milk the prize for the strangest prioritisation of purchases must go to Germans for buying sausages and cheese. This choice baffled researchers until they interviewed a group of Germans who said they had been instructed to prepare for the Wurst Käse scenario.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

The panic buying of countries has offered an insight into their preferences and habits. While most purchased long life items - Australians bought toilet role, Americans flour and Kiwis UHT milk the prize for the strangest prioritisation of purchases must go to Germans for buying sausages and cheese. This choice baffled researchers until they interviewed a group of Germans who said they had been instructed to prepare for the Wurst Käse scenario.
That's an interesting list. 😊 The cheese I understand!

I haven't had loo paper since I've been here.

These Aussies are mad. ..went out to get some stuff yesterday and still no loo paper on sight....

They've listed the six reasons in NSW we can go out- number six is to visit your romantic partner..🤐

Bummed out there but at least I've got wine for the weekend 😁
​​
I only just got the wurst case scenario 😂

Last edited by Mishclark; Apr 4th 2020 at 10:39 am.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 3:06 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Mishclark
They've listed the six reasons in NSW we can go out- number six is to visit your romantic partner..🤐
As long as your wife knows who is in your bubble.

Baby boom in nine months?

​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Apr 4th 2020, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

As long as your wife knows who is in your bubble.

Baby boom in nine months?

​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Apr 4th 2020, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - this happened in the UK in the 1970's when the Tories inroduced the three day week!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Day_Week

"In the 1970s most of the UK's electricity was produced by coal-burning power stations.[6] To reduce electricity consumption, and thus conserve coal stocks, the Conservative prime minister, Edward Heath, announced a number of measures on 13 December 1973, including the Three-Day Work Order, which came into force at midnight on 31 December. Commercial consumption of electricity would be limited to three consecutive days each week.[2] Heath's objectives were business continuity and survival and to avoid further inflation and a currency crisis. Rather than risk a total shutdown, working time was reduced to prolong the life of available fuel stocks. Television broadcasts were to shut-down at 10.30 pm each evening, and most pubs were closed; due to the power surges generated at 10.30 pm, the Central Electricity Generating Board argued for a staggered shutdown on BBC and ITV, alternating nightly, and this was eventually introduced.[5] The television broadcasting restrictions were introduced on 17 December 1973, suspended for the Christmas and New Year period, and lifted on 8 February 1974."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.