Coronavirus

Old Mar 24th 2020, 9:37 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

The Warehouse is closing "all our Warehouse Stationery stores will be closed and we will stop fulfilling online orders from Thursday, 26 March until further notice"
Old Mar 24th 2020, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

KEY POINTS
• All non-essential businesses or services - bars, cafes, gyms, cinemas - should already be closed
• The Warehouse will close, as will liquor stores unless within a Licensing Trust Area such as Waitakere and Invercargill where alcohol is not available in supermarkets
Alcohol is available at supermarkets and on that basis liquor stores are being treated as other non-essential retail outlets and must close.
• Bunnings, Mitre 10 and Placemakers open for essential building and construction, but not general public
• Dairies can stay open but with strict "one in, one out" policy and they won't be allowed to sell food prepared on the premises
• Meals on Wheels and delivery of non-pre-cooked food allowed. No food delivery such as Uber Eats
• Self-service laundry to stay open, with strict physical distancing
• Contact should be limited to a small "bubble", and bubbles shouldn't overlap
• Domestic flights, trains and Cook Strait services can be used until midnight Friday to get home

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Mar 24th 2020 at 6:02 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 8:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
we had a call today from someone wanting some items delivered to the SI as he could not get back to his house in NI, because he no longer could get on the ferry, we unfortunately are not able to help him and did suggest he contacted NZ Courier and we could be the go between.
He was after winter clothes and a heater, which is obviously where the Warehouse would come in, what does he do if The Warehouse shuts? I did suggest to him that he should go today and if not reach out to the local community, but at the age he is I doubt he would want to be "a burden" or want to wear other peoples clothes.
Why can't he queue for a ferry? The govt is facilitating getting everyone back to their own place of residence.
The domestic travel deadline was extended to midnight on Friday after ferry services were inundated with people trying to get home before New Zealand enters alert level four tomorrow night
You or he buys online if he needs clothes and a heater. Couriers are essential service so can deliver. Bit confused with the post to be honest. Where is he now if not in the ferry queue?

Here is the number he shold be calling.
Originally Posted by NZ Govt
If you're in a different part of the country, you should make immediate arrangements to get home.

There will be allowances for people not able to do so by Wednesday, but you should call the Covid-19 information helpline on 0800 779 997 to let them know your circumstances and get advice.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 24th 2020 at 8:35 pm. Reason: add the correct number for the man to call
Old Mar 24th 2020, 8:24 pm
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
KEY POINTS
• All non-essential businesses or services - bars, cafes, gyms, cinemas - should already be closed
• The Warehouse will close, as will liquor stores unless within a Licensing Trust Area such as Waitakere and Invercargill where alcohol is not available in supermarkets
Alcohol is available at supermarkets and on that basis liquor stores are being treated as other non-essential retail outlets and must close.
• Bunnings, Mitre 10 and Placemakers open for essential building and construction, but not general public
• Dairies can stay open but with strict "one in, one out" policy and they won't be allowed to sell food prepared on the premises
• Meals on Wheels and delivery of non-pre-cooked food allowed. No food delivery such as Uber Eats
• Self-service laundry to stay open, with strict physical distancing
• Contact should be limited to a small "bubble", and bubbles shouldn't overlap
• Domestic flights, trains and Cook Strait services can be used until midnight Friday to get home
Clear quality post Bo.

Bit grim around the edges innit. Time to change the Be avatars to reflect the times.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 11:00 pm
`

I just seen boats cruising into the village & a group of cyclists. No doubt the idea of a last hurrah of some sort. Beyond stupid.
Beggars belief that some still do not get what stay at home means, It means keeping people safe. It means ensuring no risk for any reason.
List of NO
No boat fishing. No tramping ( rambling). No golfing. No tennis. No kids at playgrounds. No hunting. No group cycling . No group anything. No visiting.
Nothing that could pose a risk that an emergency service could have to be called. Nothing that means you meet with people not of your own family group or those other than who you live with at your address.
Just do it FFS. Stay at your own home. Period.
You do the above activities without thought you put people like my husband & other emergency service workers and volunteers at risk
Old Mar 24th 2020, 11:08 pm
`

The only reasons people can go out is it they need to do a supermarket and/or pharmaceutical run, works for an essential business or do outdoor activities like gardening or going for a walk in their local area.

Everyone has been advised to practise social distancing, which includes being 2 metres away from another at all times.

If people don't follow these restrictions and requirements, enforcement action would be taken.
Please do exactly this. I do not want MrBEVS called out .
Old Mar 25th 2020, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
thank you, now need to sort out employees & their entitlements.

I read that some employers are telling staff they have to take annual leave, thats not my understanding so if anyone has some concrete advice that would be much appreciated.
Well when I am eventually back in NZ later in the year and have my very belated trip to Wellington, I'd love to take you out for a coffee, only if :

1. You don't think I'm some internet freak.

2. You want to.

I haven't seen my girls yet as I am in self quarantine till Sunday, and then my 21 year old is going into self quarantine Saturday as she is picking her boyfriend up from Sydney airport after returning from Bali, so they are both self isolating. I'll see her at Easter.

I'm keeping my head up but quite a bit freaked out by it all..

Take care everyone, boy am I going to spend a load of time on the internet now..!
Old Mar 25th 2020, 6:00 am
`

It should be 14 days notice per contracts of employment before an employer can use an employees sick/holiday leave hours.

For my husband. He is set down due to lockdown right now.

He will be paid 80% of his wage. That is split into two parts. The govt subsidy and the firm will make up the rest to 80%.
That will be for two weeks only, per the 14 days notification period. After that for the next two weeks it will be per the govt subsidy with the employee's holiday/sick pay to make the shortfall up to 80%.
That is fair enough. The company is a going concern with no turnover at all at the moment , not a charity. We all chip in one way or another
If the lockdown is for longer than one month, and I rather feel it will be, then the firm will review & advise.
HTH
Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:27 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Why can't he queue for a ferry? The govt is facilitating getting everyone back to their own place of residence.

You or he buys online if he needs clothes and a heater. Couriers are essential service so can deliver. Bit confused with the post to be honest. Where is he now if not in the ferry queue?

Here is the number he shold be calling.
This was before they changed the deadline til Friday, unfortunately he was on a private number and it was a work related call so not someone I know personally. Hopefully someone within his family/friends will of sorted. him out.​​​​​​ The post was related to the Warehouse being classed as non essential, I would guess that quite a few people are not in their own homes and may require additional items like clothes and heaters as its coming into winter.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:29 am

It should be 14 days notice per contracts of employment before an employer can use an employees sick/holiday leave hours.

For my husband. He is set down due to lockdown right now.

He will be paid 80% of his wage. That is split into two parts. The govt subsidy and the firm will make up the rest to 80%.
That will be for two weeks only, per the 14 days notification period. After that for the next two weeks it will be per the govt subsidy with the employee's holiday/sick pay to make the shortfall up to 80%.
That is fair enough. The company is a going concern with no turnover at all at the moment , not a charity. We all chip in one way or another
If the lockdown is for longer than one month, and I rather feel it will be, then the firm will review & advise.
HTH
yep that does, thanks
Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

At least this is a proper lockdown. I see in the UK construction is still operating and they still have plenty of businesses that aren't really essential still operating. Doing things half arsed only delays the inevitable. I'm hoping this doesn't last longer than 4 weeks, I don't think businesses could take much more

Last edited by paddy234; Mar 25th 2020 at 9:59 am.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 11:05 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK enforcement and compliance is so half ass the police have asked people to stop "snitching" on their neighbors. I would give their probability of success as quite low unless they had been targeting ensuring the NHS never had half a chance.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
One thing I find ridiculous which kiwi reporters won't catch on to is that the government is keen to play the role of being in complete control while in fact they have rigged the stats in their own favour. Today the ministry of health outlined how one is eligible to be tested for corona virus here. That they need to have the symptoms associated with it which is fair enough but also they need to have some connection with overseas travel. That means that only people with overseas travel are being tested for the virus which means that those with potential community transmission aren't eligible to be tested. This looks good in their stats when they say that they are linked to overseas travel and are now isolated from everyone else, talk about being patronizing.

The reality is they don't have the resources to test people so they are only testing a select number which buys them time from having to react accordingly. This is why they have backtracked closing schools to level 4 from before where all that was needed was some evidence of local transmission
that definitely not the case.
I know two people who have been tested, neither have links to overseas.
​​​​
Old Mar 25th 2020, 6:51 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I feel quite concerned about the UK and their supposed 'lock down'. People are still going to work who aren't non essential services. The only reason my friend is off work is because she is pregnant and at risk. Her husband is going to work, friends are going to work. It's spreading like wild fire and will be heading the same way as Italy. And people are complaining about the way it's going here? Hmmm.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 7:56 pm

HTH
Do you mean 12 weeks rather than 2 weeks now as the Government has removed the cap for employers?. "The subsidy is paid as a lump sum and covers 12 weeks per employee."
it was the 80% I was having problems understanding but your explanation explained that. so employer needs to pay 80%, or more but if they cannot afford the wage subsidy tops it up to meet the 80%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.