Coronavirus

Old Feb 27th 2021, 8:06 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I guess a lot of people will be just waking up to the surprise Level 3 lockdown this Sunday morning and wishing they had stayed in bed. I had no clue, totally missed the news and the phone alert last night.
My phone went off loud and clear! Made me jump out of my skin, lucky I had just been to the loo...
Old Feb 27th 2021, 8:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
My phone went off loud and clear! Made me jump out of my skin, lucky I had just been to the loo...
Yes. Mine hummed in a menacing way at me late last evening. Mind you we had a little advance warning via husbandits civil defence alerts.

I guess a lot of people will be just waking up to the surprise Level 3 lockdown this Sunday morning and wishing they had stayed in bed. I had no clue, totally missed the news and the phone alert last night.
I think that will be right.

I dunno guys. I've mixed thoughts on all of this. TBH I think I think that the country should not have altered alerts away from 2 and 3 after just a few days. To me it did seem like chancing the arm with the possible extent of contacts for this 'cluster' . However I get that the balancing act is between having people follow a lockdown guideline and having people hacked off and saying stuff it.

It's been a year now and I think everyone by know should know what they need to be doing to help keep this bluddy virus down if they do not want another level 4 or to see people here impaired or dead from covid.

Thanks to this Govt clear cut approach ( regardless of its political leanings ) ; those of NZ Public Health - Bloomfield - & both conversing with & listening to leading microbiologists, NZ has spent the year in far, far better shape than much of the world. However people are very complacent here and I see so many not using the track and trace app and not sanitising. I see businesses not prominently displaying the need for this in many places also. Then we get those that ignore or are clueless of what they should be doing despite being told as in this case and in the previous 'church' cluster case.

A part of me thinks a year of polite requests is a bit long enough. Time to get tougher in some way.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I think they bowed to pressure too early to drop from Level 3 until understood the extent of current outbreak, we should have stayed at level 3 for least a week the first time around. Sympathy and kindness is wearing very thin with these folks that were clearly close contacts (siblings) of prior positive cases and simply did not following rules to self isolate and continued go to work and went trotting around to gyms and all sorts, whilst awaiting their result and putting everyone else at risk.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 9:46 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

That KFC worker who went to work will probably be fired unfortunately. Imagine the brand damage if that restaurant became the centre of a new cluster, as it is her coworkers will need to be tested and the restaurants customers will probably have to be traced in case there are any positives in that new branch.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 9:57 pm
`

I think they bowed to pressure too early to drop from Level 3 until understood the extent of current outbreak, we should have stayed at level 3 for least a week the first time around. Sympathy and kindness is wearing very thin with these folks that were clearly close contacts (siblings) of prior positive cases and simply did not following rules to self isolate and continued go to work and went trotting around to gyms and all sorts, whilst awaiting their result and putting everyone else at risk.
Originally Posted by Charismatic
That KFC worker who went to work will probably be fired unfortunately. Imagine the brand damage if that restaurant became the centre of a new cluster, as it is her coworkers will need to be tested and the restaurants customers will probably have to be traced in case there are any positives in that new branch.
Well. One would think that KFC had covid H&S risk , protocols & training in place for all its staff. Perhaps the KFC worker should be fired. Its called consequences. The co workers & customers will also now have to isolate as well as the testing.

I tend to agree here. The levels came down too early by a good week. It is hard and much harder for those in the Auckland area and also Northland which gets cut off but it is necessary right now. We're not out of the covid woods yet by a long chalk.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I see businesses not prominently displaying the need for this in many places also. Then we get those that ignore or are clueless of what they should be doing despite being told as in this case and in the previous 'church' cluster case.

A part of me thinks a year of polite requests is a bit long enough. Time to get tougher in some way.
Some of these businesses really ought to up their game because the consequences on their reputation is more damaging than Covid; both Kmart and KFC now being tarnished as unclean in the Auckland region. At the first Level 3 lockdown we had security people at the doors of big shops and such like limiting or slowing down the flow, so that people scan in, sanitised hands and spread out oat the entrance etc. but that all seems to have gone by the by and not being taken seriously. I have seen playing spot the bus drivers with no mask this past week, there's a lot of them. One in fact, right beside me in a queue of traffic, opened his doors and when he saw me giving him the side-eye, he said he was just opening the door because it was hot.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 5:08 am
`

Some of these businesses really ought to up their game because the consequences on their reputation is more damaging than Covid; .
Is it though? Down here no-one seems to bat an eyelid . I actually bothered to email a supermarket and the Govt site re the non display of a QR code, in your face sanitiser etc. The message back from the manager of said supermarket was basically 'oh well' 'what can you do'. People still pile in there.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BEVS
Is it though?
Sorry, I meant more damaging when the sh1t does hit the fan and they are implicated in a new outbreak or cluster and find themselves front and centre all over the media and social media. As hard as it will be in terms of withdrawal for some from those key pillars of New Zealand culture - there will be lots of folks giving Kmart and KFC a very wide berth for a while.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

It seems if the rest of us stay away from south Auckland' from now on we'll all be ok
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Justcol
It seems if the rest of us stay away from south Auckland' from now on we'll all be ok
Thankfully, me and my barge pole are not planning on going there anytime soon. I think they should close the Harbour Bridge.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Some of these businesses really ought to up their game because the consequences on their reputation is more damaging than Covid; both Kmart and KFC now being tarnished as unclean in the Auckland region.
The good news is that it appears any damage was short-lived. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...I6Q5IL2Y266X4/
Old Mar 8th 2021, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Clappy
The good news is that it appears any damage was short-lived.
Yesterday was crazy busy, I didn't go to big shops but I expect it was like Boxing Day, there were cars queuing to get into car parks and people everywhere. I only wanted some bread from the bakers and there we people queuing outside the door - no evidence of social distancing though.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 12:02 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Success breeds complacency, complacency breed failure.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

For us it's all over bar the shouting nowMight get handful of cases here and there but I doubt anything to stress about
vaccines are just round the corner...job done
Old Mar 14th 2021, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about around the corner, vaccinating the majority of country won't start until July, every chance we'll have another one of these lockdowns before then. No doubt certainly escaped the bullet last year, but NZ seems to be behind the 8 ball on rolling out the CV19 vaccine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.