Coronavirus

Old Jan 15th 2021, 2:03 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Mishclark
I can't believe this thread was started nearly a year ago, and I was happily living in NZ.
Who would have thought all this would happen.
My head is still spinning, I still haven't processed March!
I can't believe how slow the vaccine rollout is going in OECD countries. They had every opportunity to succeed and still found a way to stumble out of the blocks.

<<<SNIP>>>

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 15th 2021 at 2:52 pm. Reason: English only plse
Old Jan 15th 2021, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

We're apparently running short of lemons too, so you might need to find an alternative option for your afternoon G&Ts. We could go all 'oo la la' Hendricks style and add a curl of cucumber instead but being NZ that's probably not an affordable option.
Old Jan 16th 2021, 2:42 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
We're apparently running short of lemons too, so you might need to find an alternative option for your afternoon G&Ts. We could go all 'oo la la' Hendricks style and add a curl of cucumber instead but being NZ that's probably not an affordable option.

​​​Just don't mention the T word around these parts and we'll all get on fine... (Tomatoes) πŸ€ͺ
Old Jan 16th 2021, 5:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We're apparently running short of lemons too
I can help with that. Pee and spray all you blokies.

Not...............
Spoiler:
T word . I miss that bloke
Old Jan 16th 2021, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I can't believe how slow the vaccine rollout is going in OECD countries. They had every opportunity to succeed and still found a way to stumble out of the blocks.

<<<SNIP>>>
Very true..
Old Jan 16th 2021, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I've gone straight G&T..I'm not paying what I saw for one here in Oz...

We could start another cucumber thread...
Old Jan 18th 2021, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that impressed me yeah all those many years ago was the lemon trees growing outside with massive crops of ripe lemons.

Mind you, I think that was up around Auckland.

We struggle to grow lemons outside in the UK (although this year's crop for ripening next year are looking hopeful).
Old Jan 18th 2021, 10:22 pm
`

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
One thing that impressed me yeah all those many years ago was the lemon trees growing outside with massive crops of ripe lemons.

Mind you, I think that was up around Auckland.

We struggle to grow lemons outside in the UK (although this year's crop for ripening next year are looking hopeful).
We have lemons here at the Top of the South. Lots of 'em.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 8:51 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
We have lemons here at the Top of the South. Lots of 'em.
It was a state housing thing I think, when they built a house they'd plant a lemon tree in the garden. We have lemons, apples, feijoa and grapes. I like fruit trees and bushes, in gardening terms it's the greatest reward for the least effort since all you really have to do is mow around them and trim them back a bit in winter.

Half a million vaccinations completed yesterday in the UK and the numbers are rising week on week. After a slow start they have found a more appropriate level of urgency to their vaccination program.
​​​
Old Jan 24th 2021, 3:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Community case today who appears to have traveled quite widely but was using the app.
Old Jan 24th 2021, 4:02 am
`

It was a state housing thing I think, when they built a house they'd plant a lemon tree in the garden. We have lemons, apples, feijoa and grapes. I like fruit trees and bushes, in gardening terms it's the greatest reward for the least effort since all you really have to do is mow around them and trim them back a bit in winter.

Half a million vaccinations completed yesterday in the UK and the numbers are rising week on week. After a slow start they have found a more appropriate level of urgency to their vaccination program.
​​​
Likely right and the sort of sensible thinking there used to be in the "olden days" . Future proofing in a way. Same re the veg gardens and a couple of hens. Used to be like that in the UK. I think we all need to get back to that best we can. In season never sounded more appropriate .
Perhaps good for its own thread on how we utilise our ground.

Obvs I am really wanting the UK Govt to finally grasp the nettle instead of the flip flop utter load of old flannel, like BoJo's silly fringe ,and GET ON WITH IT WITH SOME BLUNT HONESTY. Shouts !
I have friends that have and are suffering. We wanted to go back but that would be plain daft. It has been bluddy well 'opeless up there all round & families have lost and suffered for the slack attitude from those that should have been leading with some courage. Useess pile of lumps.
I am with you. Finally , at last, maybe it will be people of the nation first.

So today we, NZ, have a case out there in the community after 2 months since the naughty lot that were not quite honest , and so maybe more to come . It was always going to happen despite the very very best of efforts, routines, protocols and the like. The virus is far more clever and adaptable than us.

I am so proud of what NZ has done for its people & that comes from me, a person that has never really had her heart and soul here for any reason. The go hard , go early = Fab. I loved that openness and the honesty. The approach. Breathing space to watch , learn, adapt and put in place and trial assorted methods to combat from a frontline whilst other countries ,like the UK, flounder on a back foot.

Anyway. I shall be stocking up on many kleenex toilet tissues and a house size bottle of sanitiser and bleach. We already have the fruit , veg, eggs.

Old Jan 24th 2021, 8:34 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

The most important thing is that we all panic buy toilet roll, flour and yeast. I've no idea why this is important but having established the tradition I'll be damned if I'm going to stop now.

Best efforts must continue to be made at the borders until the vaccine arrives. Once everyone has had their chance we can begin to unwind the most onerous restrictions fairly rapidly.
Old Jan 24th 2021, 9:43 pm
`

Not sure many in NZ are finding any onerous restrictions other than the luxury of overseas travel. Most of us plebs are still going about daily lives as usual atm.

I shall restrain from buying loo rolls. We already have the quake supply. Tea bags on the other hand....
Old Jan 25th 2021, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

The most important thing is that we all panic buy toilet roll, flour and yeast.
She'll be right, it's only been eleven months since the first case in NZ and I am sure a lot of people are still have at least another two years worth of toilet rolls stashed away.

I got an extra box of tea bags today.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 1:56 am
Truth is the safest lie.

She'll be right, it's only been eleven months since the first case in NZ and I am sure a lot of people are still have at least another two years worth of toilet rolls stashed away.

I got an extra box of tea bags today.
You can never be too prepared in New Zealand. The only issue with everyone having toilet rolls is that everyone else has them as well now so they'll be valueless when "the big one" happens. Maybe a second gas bottle for the BBQ and selection of drinks so you can invite the neighbors around afterwards?

Probably promoted by the recent community outbreak the Government in New Zealand seems prepared to approve the Pfizer vaccine soon. They have 1.5m doses on order (enough for 750,000 people) due for delivery in Q1. We'll keep an eye on the numbers vaccinated as this is kind of a good dress rehearsal for the main rollout in Q3, many OECD countries that thought they where "prepared" for a rapid vaccination program tripped over the starting blocks. As Americas foremost philosopher, Mike Tyson, said "Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.