Coronavirus

Old Jul 31st 2020, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Justcol
Surely you're having a laugh.
I lost a 5 week family reunion trip to Europe in June but I just sucked it up. I certainly don't think I should be exempt from anything regardless if when anything was booked or rearrange.
I don't agree with the format of the isolation charge, but I do think that anyone who now leaves the country for any reason should pay the full cost of isolation.
Any travel now is purely for selfish reasons. I don't care if it's for births, marriages or deaths. If you want to leave you have to pay
Unless you can't' afford to pay and then you are exempt which is the category I will be in.

However, I think that if the expectation is that only 10% of travellers will be required to pay, I suspect the exemptions are going to be quite broad.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, you think that because you are selfish enough to elect to travel, that the rest of us should pay for you.
explain to how you can justify that as being fair on any level.

Cancel the holiday or pay up
Old Jul 31st 2020, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

I will not do anything illegal or against the rules.

It's also not really going to be holiday, more a visit to see my dying father.
Believe me, if I could delay it a year and still expect to see him I would. I need to hold my dad's hand.
Being able to see him, may just help save my fragile mental health (you contributed to the thread where I explained how my kiwi husband bought me here based on a web of family lies and in the space of 6 months I have lost everything except my children).
​​​​​​​I am a single mum with no income.

Old Jul 31st 2020, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're all right. halie probs should pay but they won't charge, it's a bit of a fake system. It makes it look like jacinda is toeing the line but really the big money tree keeps growing!
Old Jul 31st 2020, 10:23 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hallie_day
Unless you can't' afford to pay and then you are exempt which is the category I will be in.
I feel that if a person cannot afford quarantine fees upon returning to the country then don't go in the first place. I know the rules say that if you can't afford it then you don't have to pay, but I still feel that the tab shouldn't be picked up by NZ tax payers for people who have chosen to go overseas in the grips of a global pandemic. This won't last forever, so we just have to sit and wait. There are lots of people with sick or dying relatives, split families and people in shit situations because of this. I think the best thing to do is to stay put right now unless you absolutely have to travel.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

When I booked the flights there was no quarantine, let alone paid quarantine so I did not have to budget for it.

It won't last forever for some people, but obviously for others it will.
I don't think Covid will be eradicated for years, if at all.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 6:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

The WuFlu pandemic essentially boils down to two issues: How dense your population is and...how dense your populations is.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
The WuFlu pandemic essentially boils down to two issues: How dense your population is and...how dense your populations is.
Never a truer word spoken 😁
Old Aug 1st 2020, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Perfect summary 👍😂
Old Aug 1st 2020, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

To be honest, I suspect it may all be academic - demand will become so low, that it will not be commercially viable for airlines to run services, and most expats will not see their family for years. I am not really expecting to be able to use my Christmas flights, but for my mental health right now, I need to try.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

To be honest, I suspect it may all be academic - demand will become so low, that it will not be commercially viable for airlines to run services, and most expats will not see their family for years. I am not really expecting to be able to use my Christmas flights, but for my mental health right now, I need to try.
Once those borders open back up those airlines will be pumping. The WHO have already criticized NZ and Australia with their border closures, the fact is the economy can only take so much, we can't keep borrowing money, in the next few months the government will need to put a strategy in place to allow the border to open bit by bit
Old Aug 1st 2020, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

I am not really expecting to be able to use my Christmas flights, but for my mental health right now, I need to try.
I haven't seen my boys for 2 years, didn't give it much thought until I realised I didn't know when I'd see them again.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

When I booked the flights there was no quarantine, let alone paid quarantine so I did not have to budget for it.

It won't last forever for some people, but obviously for others it will.
I don't think Covid will be eradicated for years, if at all.
Be patient. Vaccine trials are looking promising. There would be no worse scenario than letting the virus in, it leaving a couple of thousand dead, and then having a vaccine appear shortly after. Unfortunately there are many people inconvenienced and we've all got to make the best of a bad situation.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

...........and, for arguments sake - if a vaccine was available by say the end of 2020, would anyone seriously take it after the vaccine being created in a rush in a matter of months for a virus that nobody knew anything about in February 2020 ?
Doubt I'll be rushing to queue up for that
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 2:49 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Coronavirus

As long as it's got the correct sign-off by going through the process I would. In fact as they are using humans for trials presently some people already must be putting their hands up already.

I'd hope they'd give it to high-risk groups before me. For example, as I understand it, for those of us under-50s the case fatality rate is in the second decimal place of a percent (based on South Korean data.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.