Coronavirus

Old Jul 11th 2020, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by jarv5116
i mean come on.
This nonsense isn't the governments fault.
What's the next option. cage everyone up for 2 weeks like quarantine dogs lol
Put them all on cruise ships a mile out from the port and then we'll see how good they swimming. LOL
Old Jul 11th 2020, 11:35 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if anyone should be on a cruise ship given previous experience.

Last edited by Charismatic; Jul 12th 2020 at 12:15 am.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 12:02 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

New study indicates that contracting WuFlu may not lead to immunity. Where is your God now 'herd immunity' proponents? ​​​​​

Also means that there may never be an effective vaccine.

Last edited by Charismatic; Jul 13th 2020 at 12:05 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
New study indicates that contracting WuFlu may not lead to immunity. Where is your God now 'herd immunity' proponents? ​​​​​

Also means that there may never be an effective vaccine.
They're all in Melbourne and some parts of Sydney now...sigh
Old Jul 14th 2020, 1:53 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Mishclark
They're all in Melbourne and some parts of Sydney now...sigh
If found to be true we will also require a new direction as this form of Coronavirus will likely become endemic within the human population.
​​​​​​
Old Jul 16th 2020, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

Some hopeful news re travel....

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgdhp
Old Jul 31st 2020, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

Now people are going to be charged for quarantine, I wonder how exemptions are going to be managed?

For example, I think that, should my flights at Christmas go ahead (pigs might fly and all of that), I should be exempt.
I originally booked flights to the UK for myself and the children in January to travel in July, but these were cancelled and I have rebooked a different airline in the hope we can travel in December. They are a direct replacement for the flights booked in January - same passengers and same route.
But how do I check?

I read in Stuff that there are expectations that only 10% of travellers will have to pay because of exemptions.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hallie_day
For example, I think that, should my flights at Christmas go ahead (pigs might fly and all of that), I should be exempt.
Why?

I do not wish to pay for your quarantine when you return from your travels. You pay for you.
If I decide to travel , which was planned for this September and long overdue , I will pay for me.
It is all a part of travel costs now and I do not expect anyone to pick up the tab for travel that I choose to do.

However if some poor soul has been stuck outside of NZ and NZ is where they habitually reside or if someone is intent upon a long term return for good then that may be a different matter.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 31st 2020 at 6:03 am.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 6:08 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

No, you shouldn't be exempt. It's your choice to go on holiday, you don't have to go. Why should the tax payer pick up your quarantine tab when it's a holiday for you and not an essential trip? I would say your situation is exactly the ones that should be charged...
Old Jul 31st 2020, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

One of the exemptions is if you bought flights prior to Covid which I did - I bought the original flights on January 31.The travel agent I booked through couldn't rebook new dates with the same airline and only offered credit which I used to rebook with a different airline.

I also booked a flight next week to see my dad as he is dying, but that has also been cancelled.

However, I do not work or have significant savings, and there is also talk of them being means tested so I should be exempt anyway.

I was just interested in how I can find out the correct rules.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

"Anyone moving home permanently would be exempt. Those unable to pay: exempt. People with sick or dying relatives: exempt. Other extenuating circumstances: probably exempt."
Old Jul 31st 2020, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Why?

I do not wish to pay for your quarantine when you return from your travels. You pay for you.
If I decide to travel , which was planned for this September and long overdue , I will pay for me.
It is all a part of travel costs now and I do not expect anyone to pick up the tab for travel that I choose to do.

However if some poor soul has been stuck outside of NZ and NZ is where they habitually reside or if someone is intent upon a long term return for good then that may be a different matter.

I agree Bevs, that may be me (stuck in Oz!) when I return home to NZ. I'm not sure if I will have to pay but I'll have the money just in case.

I don't agree with the government and taxpayers, whether it be Nz or Oz, paying for anyone leaving for a holiday.

If it's to visit an ill relative, I feel a bit different. My friend's mum died a few months back in London but she chose not to go to the funeral given the restrictions at funerals, the 14 days there, and on the way back, plus her dad is in his 80's and she didn't want to put him at risk.

Tough times all round..

Last edited by Mishclark; Jul 31st 2020 at 7:18 am.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

How long do people expect the lock-downs and closed borders to last? Many medical experts predict we will be living with this for years so there needs to be an alternative strategy rather than continuing to obliterate the world's economy which may end being worse than the virus anyway
Old Jul 31st 2020, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Wbo knows Paddy, it's certainly doing my head in....
Old Jul 31st 2020, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I originally booked flights to the UK for myself and the children in January to travel in July, but these were cancelled and I have rebooked a different airline in the hope we can travel in December. They are a direct replacement for the flights booked in January - same passengers and same route..
Surely you're having a laugh.
I lost a 5 week family reunion trip to Europe in June but I just sucked it up. I certainly don't think I should be exempt from anything regardless if when anything was booked or rearrange.
I don't agree with the format of the isolation charge, but I do think that anyone who now leaves the country for any reason should pay the full cost of isolation.
Any travel now is purely for selfish reasons. I don't care if it's for births, marriages or deaths. If you want to leave you have to pay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.