Coronavirus

Old Jun 18th 2020, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
The six that went to the Mongrel mob funeral are a different lot altogether to the two sisters who borrowed the car and drove to Wellington. Four of the mongrel mob returned to their quarantine hotel after the tangi and two others of them absconded (19 years old and an 8 year old). The 8 year old was later returned to the hotel and the 19 year old is apparently self isolating in Hamilton.

It was such a lovely send off as well - I am sure the family will appreciate the sacrifices and efforts they made to be there.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12340904
We can only hope they were highly contagious
Old Jun 18th 2020, 9:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The six that went to the Mongrel mob funeral are a different lot altogether to the two sisters who borrowed the car and drove to Wellington.
Ah! Ta for putting that right.

Originally Posted by JustCol
Many security staff have gang connections.

Maybe there is a hope that military will not be intimidated in the future.
Yes. MrBEVS thinks along those same lines
Old Jun 18th 2020, 9:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

One thing NZ has going for it in terms of contact tracing is the two degrees of separation and if you're a visitor from overseas and put a foot wrong you can fully expect to feel the full force of the media and social media.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...lQRtuNSGWTrTao

Quite! Rather like the outrage if a visitor from overseas gets stuck up a mountain or into difficulties on the walking tracks. It is all shaky fists and make them pay. Not so for this pair of lockdown level 3 breaking skanky wassocks who, rumour has it from some local boots hereabouts, were after their magic mushroom stash ( allegedly of course). No shouts of that pair to be fined or pay for the huge cost of the operation to find the beggars. None at all.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 1:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Health Minister Dr. David Clark trying to deflect blame for the border cock-up onto kiwi sweetheart Dr. Ashley Bloomfield has to be the most miscalculated moves I've seen in a very long time. Rarely does someone manage to draw fire from...every corner.

National leader Todd Muller: David Clark's treatment of Ashley Bloomfield is a 'disgrace'
David Clark throws Ashley Bloomfield under the bus, while Bloomfield looks on
Poll: Should Dr David Clark still be Health Minister?
David Clark's job is on the line, should he fall on his sword?
Old Jun 25th 2020, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

He's referring to this interview last week where Bloomfield takes responsibility for sorting it... https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ted-bloomfield
Old Jun 25th 2020, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling very frustrated by Victoria's spike and the worry it's held back the Trans Tasman bubble. I know I can go back in August once my work experience has finished, and as much as I can't wait to get out of Oz and back home to NZ, I am wary until the Trans tasman bubble happens as with my oldest girl living in Oz, my 18 year old girl deciding whether she will go to uni in Canberra, Canterbury uni in Chch or Otago next year, I want to be able to jump back and forth across the Tasman easily. I didn't realise how much I took this for granted.

Every day I wake up and wonder what fresh hell is next. I'm normally a very calm person but even the calmest person can be tested. I also realise I'm lucky and pull my head in...

Breathe.....

Old Jun 25th 2020, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mishclark
I'm feeling very frustrated by Victoria's spike and the worry it's held back the Trans Tasman bubble. I know I can go back in August once my work experience has finished, and as much as I can't wait to get out of Oz and back home to NZ, I am wary until the Trans tasman bubble happens as with my oldest girl living in Oz, my 18 year old girl deciding whether she will go to uni in Canberra, Canterbury uni in Chch or Otago next year, I want to be able to jump back and forth across the Tasman easily. I didn't realise how much I took this for granted.

Every day I wake up and wonder what fresh hell is next. I'm normally a very calm person but even the calmest person can be tested. I also realise I'm lucky and pull my head in...

Breathe.....

I'm with you. I have flights to the UK next week to take the kids to see my parents. They are obviously cancelled and I have no idea when we can use them - I really don't want to go when the weather is bad, but also want to see them as soon as possible. The idea of having the kids in quarantine is a nightmare, but I think it's likely that our borders won't open to properly until Christmas 2021 which fills me with terror.
My dad is looking so ill and frail, that I am thinking about going on my own in August as I would never forgive myself if anything happened and I hadn't seen him for so long, but to see them for two weeks means leaving the kids for a month because of quarantine. On the plus side, my husband will get to grips with the reality that is North Shore parenting - for two kids we have 10 sports training sessions/fixtures per week and constant play dates, sleepovers and parties. The main reason I can't see myself working in the near future.

In the meantime we also have flights and a hotel on credit to the Sunshine Coast from Easter.

It's all such a bloody mess to add to the rest of my problems! x

Old Jun 25th 2020, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hallie_day
I'm with you. I have flights to the UK next week to take the kids to see my parents. They are obviously cancelled and I have no idea when we can use them - I really don't want to go when the weather is bad, but also want to see them as soon as possible. The idea of having the kids in quarantine is a nightmare, but I think it's likely that our borders won't open to properly until Christmas 2021 which fills me with terror.
My dad is looking so ill and frail, that I am thinking about going on my own in August as I would never forgive myself if anything happened and I hadn't seen him for so long, but to see them for two weeks means leaving the kids for a month because of quarantine. On the plus side, my husband will get to grips with the reality that is North Shore parenting - for two kids we have 10 sports training sessions/fixtures per week and constant play dates, sleepovers and parties. The main reason I can't see myself working in the near future.

In the meantime we also have flights and a hotel on credit to the Sunshine Coast from Easter.

It's all such a bloody mess to add to the rest of my problems! x
Yes, it does suck, but when I sit back and pull my head in, I know I'm more fortunate than others..I'm an independent woman and am fine being on my own (not much choice there 😁) but this has hit me a bit being on my own..

And there are people like yourself and a few of my friends who have family in the UK and can't be with them, that's a lot worse..two separate friends of mine that don't know each other were meant to fly from NZ to UK this month (one today), that's pretty hard.

I don't know if you've been to the Sunshine coast but it's lovely, hope you can when the bubble eventually opens, you'll love it!
Old Jun 25th 2020, 8:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mishclark
I'm feeling very frustrated by Victoria's spike...
To he honest I'd conclude that elimination is actually the lesser evil for Australia.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charismatic
To he honest I'd conclude that elimination is actually the lesser evil for Australia.
Absolutely agree there...starting with all the state premiers in the boxing ring taking shots at each other over border closures, and good old Scomo rocking in the corner 😁
Old Jun 25th 2020, 8:46 am
Truth is the safest lie.

I'm keeping an eye on US cases, they are rapidly heading back to a level where they will require a lockdown in some states. If President Trump has some brilliant plan now would be the time to deploy it before hospitals reach capacity.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I'm keeping an eye on US cases, they are rapidly heading back to a level where they will require a lockdown in some states. If President Trump has some brilliant plan now would be the time to deploy it before hospitals reach capacity.
It's really quite awful there, but seems so surreal being this end of the earth as well..

In breaking news, here in NSW people are stripping the shelves of loo paper again, even though the clusters are in Victoria.

I really have the urge to taser people...
Old Jun 25th 2020, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

So long since i posted on here I forgot how to do it. My sisters boss died of it and he was only 43yrs with a young family. So tragic.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my hubby have both been essential workers throughout all this. .. first time we have ever felt special haha
Old Jun 25th 2020, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSky
So long since i posted on here I forgot how to do it. My sisters boss died of it and he was only 43yrs with a young family. So tragic.
Oh that's awful, I'm sorry to hear that...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.