Coronavirus

Old Jun 17th 2020, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by BEVS
Someone dropped a clanger with this didn't they & someone female who travelled from the UK obviously wasn't quite up front .

The UK is not a Covid19 safe country so perhaps all people looking to leave that place and travel should be tested there first . Then tested on arrival plus the compulsory quarantine & tested again. No exceptions.

Sorry for these ladies loss but many more have gone through the same and worse. I gather that 2 teenagers were also a part of this mess up.

Just goes to show that for anyone that thought the measures are too tough, they are not. However I also wonder how opening of borders is going to properly work.
I agree with you Bevs, I have a friend in Sydney who's mother passed away in London from dementia in April. She could have got an exemption but chose not to as her dad is 86, she would have to isolate for 14 days, only 5 at a funeral and she didn't want to put her dad at risk, so chose not to go. Thankfully she'd already been at Christmas. They had the service via skype. Heartbreaking but sensible.

Clearly not everyone is as sensible as my friend.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 12:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised the temps of all passengers were not taken at the airport, before boarding the plane.

I am absolutely gobsmacked that the temps of everyone entering NZ is not taken...especially as the country was virus free.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 3:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I am surprised the temps of all passengers were not taken at the airport, before boarding the plane.
The UK approach is a shambles IMO.

JerseygirlI am absolutely gobsmacked that the temps of everyone entering NZ is not taken...especially as the country was virus free.
There is a far stricter requirement than that. It is the 14 day quarantine. What happened here was someone or other decided these women were OK to travel before quarantine requirement finished.

A quote - "it’s important to stress that temperature checking for all passengers has in the past been found be ineffective as the incubation period for COVID-19 is up to 14 days.”

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 17th 2020 at 12:04 pm. Reason: Corrected quote
Old Jun 17th 2020, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's just beyond belief sadly seems to have a touch of good old Kiwi 'she'll be right' attitude written all over. It's total madness to let them loose on a promise to drive 640km from Auckland to Wellington non-stop.

The knock-on effects and overall impact of this one slip up doesn't even bear thinking about, with now up to 320 people being considered potentially at risk and all airline crew and hotel staff stood down.

I expect some very expensive people will be doing a 'deep dive' after having gotten the 'takehome message' from this 'unprecedented' event and will all now be doing a quick pivot with their processes.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

I see the defence force is organising the quarantine from now.
does anyone know who was running this over the past month?
Old Jun 17th 2020, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv5116
I see the defence force is organising the quarantine from now.
does anyone know who was running this over the past month?
I guess from Jacinda's comments today that it wasn't the Ministry of Health, otherwise I am sure David Clark would have been gone by lunch time. She said he was part of the solution and not part of the problem, which suggests to me that there's someone else that was the problem.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 9:21 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

What we have seen so far does raise questions about MoH in terms of processes, procedures, operations and management. Unfortunately we are learning this at the worst possible time in terms of our reliance upon that ministry. Perhaps we should have taken earlier signs more seriously?

Hopefully where MoH have been found wanting NZDF will prove competent. ​​​​

​​​​​​
Old Jun 17th 2020, 12:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The UK approach is a shambles IMO.

There is a far stricter requirement than that. It is the 14 day quarantine. What happened here was someone or other decided these women were OK to travel before quarantine requirement finished.

A quote - "it’s important to stress that temperature checking for all passengers has in the past been found be ineffective as the incubation period for COVID-19 is up to 14 days.”
I realize there is a 14 day quarantine when entering NZ, but I doubt most adhere to this 100% of the time. Taking the temp at the ports of exit and entry would have been an ideal indication of the virus in these women. Hopefully they would not have been allowed on the plane. I also think they were lying through their teeth re not stopping on their journey from Aukland to Wellington.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One thing NZ has going for it in terms of contact tracing is the two degrees of separation and if you're a visitor from overseas and put a foot wrong you can fully expect to feel the full force of the media and social media.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...lQRtuNSGWTrTao
Old Jun 17th 2020, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
One thing NZ has going for it in terms of contact tracing is the two degrees of separation and if you're a visitor from overseas and put a foot wrong you can fully expect to feel the full force of the media and social media.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...lQRtuNSGWTrTao
Good point !
Old Jun 17th 2020, 10:43 pm
`

I realize there is a 14 day quarantine when entering NZ, but I doubt most adhere to this 100% of the time.
The quarantines are in managed facilities. It is not self isolation.

Taking the temp at the ports of exit and entry would have been an ideal indication of the virus in these women. Hopefully they would not have been allowed on the plane
Apparently a temp test is not enough because of the incubation period. A covid19 test would be. However the UK is random in this. For the NZ managed dedicated quarantine facilities it is two tests. At least it should have been.

. I also think they were lying through their teeth re not stopping on their journey from Auckland to Wellington.
Yup.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 10:45 pm
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I guess from Jacinda's comments today that it wasn't the Ministry of Health, otherwise I am sure David Clark would have been gone by lunch time. She said he was part of the solution and not part of the problem, which suggests to me that there's someone else that was the problem.
Yes. I thought I saw who the company was. I will try to find again.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 11:44 pm
`

So, this is what it seems to be from what I can glean. anyone can correct or throw some further light.

A member of the Mongrel Mob based in Hamilton was slain. His whanau went into funeral mode. For them it means a mass gathering. Family of the dead man flew in from overseas. Certainly the UK but also maybe Oz. It is to be noted that funerals in NZ usually happen quickly. There is no waiting for weeks and months.

The managed quarantine & isolation facilities in Auckland seem to have been run by a security firm but that must have come alongside those qualified to apply Covid19 testing. Two tests should have been applied but could not have been otherwise the last one would have come back positive (maybe it did) .
The security firm would have accompanied those allowed out for isolated walks and also been charged with ensuring returnees kept to the rules. From what MrBEVS says , he believes the firm to be a well known national company.
People that go into security are often ex military and NZ being a small country perhaps an element of those that are suited to be bouncers and security guards. IMO there may or may not have been 'connections' .

For reasons as yet unknown - ( and MrBEVS and I are a little weeny bit sceptical of it being 100% compassionate exemption and maybe a teeny weeny eeny bit of pressure from .... ) - the members of the Mongrel Mob which should have remained in quarantine but were somehow allowed to travel early and without the final testing. They got lost In Auckland so looked up their pals that lent them the car. All hugs and kisses and somewhere or other teenagers pop up to also attend said farewell but then bunk off.

We both were wondering why the security forces have now been brought in to manage these facilities. Surely security teams ( and if one lot is useless you sack them for someone else), civil defence if needs be as that is a part of their training , police if it is in their remit + health workers likely from private facilities, should have been enough and all that lot should have been more than aware & schooled enough of the government protocols in place - except

- these were the Mongrel Mob who abide only by their own rules.
Old Jun 18th 2020, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Many security staff have gang connections.

Maybe there is a hope that military will not be intimidated in the future.
Old Jun 18th 2020, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So, this is what it seems to be from what I can glean. anyone can correct or throw some further light.
The six that went to the Mongrel mob funeral are a different lot altogether to the two sisters who borrowed the car and drove to Wellington. Four of the mongrel mob returned to their quarantine hotel after the tangi and two others of them absconded (19 years old and an 8 year old). The 8 year old was later returned to the hotel and the 19 year old is apparently self isolating in Hamilton.

It was such a lovely send off as well - I am sure the family will appreciate the sacrifices and efforts they made to be there.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12340904

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.