Coronavirus

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by paddy234
Everything I have said about Jacinda I now retract, this had to happen and fair play to her for striking hard now. Let's just hope we can keep cases down
No excuses, should have happened much earlier.
14 new cases yeasterday, 11 of them returned kiwis from overseas
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
as soon as Jacinda said Level 4 that was it, complete and utter chaos at the shops, not that I went shopping just driving passed.
I finally got my DD back thankfully. very odd not being able to cuddle her, must of looked like a complete loon as I just jumped up and down on the driveway as they came in.
DH and her are now on self isolation, DH as he collected her from the airport.

That's my happy read of the day. So glad for you all 😊
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 7:08 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

thank you, now need to sort out employees & their entitlements.

I read that some employers are telling staff they have to take annual leave, thats not my understanding so if anyone has some concrete advice that would be much appreciated.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Mar 23rd 2020 at 7:10 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 9:37 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
thank you, now need to sort out employees & their entitlements.

I read that some employers are telling staff they have to take annual leave, thats not my understanding so if anyone has some concrete advice that would be much appreciated.
An employer can require employees to take annual leave but must consult with them first and provide 14 days' notice.
​​​​​
​​​​That said with the unemployment rate about to skyrocket this might not be the time to complain. πŸ™‚
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

A4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond repute

what's really grinding my gears at the moment are several of my Kiwi friends living in the UK slagging off Boris Johnson while praising Jacinda

they conveniently forget Boris and his (highly qualified highly experienced) team have already introduced a colossal Β£330 billion package aimed at keeping people employed, new tenancy legislation that prevents evictions from rental properties, 3-month mortgage freezes and increases to Benefits. That all adds up to Β£4,800 per head of population. Meanwhile, Jacinda's adds up to Β£1,500 per head of population.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 11:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Justcol
No excuses, should have happened much earlier.
14 new cases yesterday, 11 of them returned kiwis from overseas
I agree NZ should have gone quicker and tougher on this a good month ago. Problem was that much of the populace here thought it was just a bad flu & they would have kicked up big stink at having their everyday lives and activities curtailed. Not just that though . I think it must take time to line up the necessary to enact assorted levels of shut down. Be interesting to know what is the quickest time frame for that & what legislation and protocols may have prevented or accelerated the lock down. Not being a police state I think maybe one cannot just lock down. Civil liberties and all that. At least the government has gone hard and quick. They skipped the first level entirely and bounced over the third level. They have looked at the populace over the economy . It just all should have started earlier but I do think that is down to being a democracy over a police state.

Despite what was stated yesterday by NZ govt and agencies I see people are still utterly ignoring it all. I drove down to check the notice re the flu clinic. People are still playing tennis . Kids still on the skate park and the little 4 square carpark & kerbsides was jam packed with vehicles . I even watched the rissole developer take a group of folks over the development next door. No 2 metre distance between any of them. All very pally pally. Fools.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 11:43 pm
`

Originally Posted by Charismatic
An employer can require employees to take annual leave but must consult with them first and provide 14 days' notice.
​​​​​
​​​​That said with the unemployment rate about to skyrocket this might not be the time to complain. πŸ™‚
For MrBEVS it will be his annual leave entitlement first which is fair enough. The company is not a charity and better to have a job to go back to. Shutdown is from tomorrow . Needs must so just get on with that.
I have pondered if the usual Xmas/NY 2/3 shutdown will not happen for 2020/2021 as trade companies will need to somehow recoup.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 11:46 pm
`

Originally Posted by A4Ron
what's really grinding my gears at the moment are several of my Kiwi friends living in the UK slagging off Boris Johnson while praising Jacinda

Well yes. Anything English & England about anything at all gets slagged off. Do you not know yet that all things NZ to a Kiwi is the best and foremost in the entire world. Come on! Catch up !
Old Mar 24th 2020, 1:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

The Warehouse, bottle stores and corner shops think they are going to be classes as "essential services"? I think they are grossly overestimating their importance to society.

​
Old Mar 24th 2020, 1:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The Warehouse, bottle stores and corner shops think they are going to be classes as "essential services"? I think they are grossly overestimating their importance to society.

​
in N America they are staying open because they don’t want alcoholic dependent folk going cold turkey, freaking out and the additional pressure that would put on doctors/nurses/hospitals.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

A4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond repute

so only "up-to 6-month mortgage holidays for those whose incomes are directly affected by the Covid-19 outbreak" and the loans to businesses are not interest-free and over a maximum of 3 years... these government finance packages aren't offering much to keep the NZ economy afloat
Old Mar 24th 2020, 3:11 am
`

​
The Warehouse over-reached itself didn't it. Fools.
Our Four Square sells beer wine and assorted essentials if push comes to shove. She'll be fine.

Old Mar 24th 2020, 5:57 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Coronavirus

we had a call today from someone wanting some items delivered to the SI as he could not get back to his house in NI, because he no longer could get on the ferry, we unfortunately are not able to help him and did suggest he contacted NZ Courier and we could be the go between.
He was after winter clothes and a heater, which is obviously where the Warehouse would come in, what does he do if The Warehouse shuts? I did suggest to him that he should go today and if not reach out to the local community, but at the age he is I doubt he would want to be "a burden" or want to wear other peoples clothes.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 8:35 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by A4Ron
so only "up-to 6-month mortgage holidays for those whose incomes are directly affected by the Covid-19 outbreak" and the loans to businesses are not interest-free and over a maximum of 3 years... these government finance packages aren't offering much to keep the NZ economy afloat
​​​​​Without returning money to consumers and shuffling up public spending I think the economic situation is likely to get very bleak indeed. Offering businesses support will be totally pointless if when that support is removed they are staring into the precipice of a depression and repressed consumer spending.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 8:52 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by BEVS
The Warehouse over-reached itself didn't it. Fools.
Our Four Square sells beer wine and assorted essentials if push comes to shove. She'll be fine.
I notice that they've updated the website to try to highlight the grocery type items they sell. Most of them really only sell confectionery and pop however.

Hope they can move all those Easter eggs tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.