Coronavirus

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Coronavirus

One thing I find ridiculous which kiwi reporters won't catch on to is that the government is keen to play the role of being in complete control while in fact they have rigged the stats in their own favour. Today the ministry of health outlined how one is eligible to be tested for corona virus here. That they need to have the symptoms associated with it which is fair enough but also they need to have some connection with overseas travel. That means that only people with overseas travel are being tested for the virus which means that those with potential community transmission aren't eligible to be tested. This looks good in their stats when they say that they are linked to overseas travel and are now isolated from everyone else, talk about being patronizing.

The reality is they don't have the resources to test people so they are only testing a select number which buys them time from having to react accordingly. This is why they have backtracked closing schools to level 4 from before where all that was needed was some evidence of local transmission

Last edited by paddy234; Mar 22nd 2020 at 6:46 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv5116
I just read on the News there that OZ is locking down tomorrow.
I think the Goverment should have took over Hotels a few weeks ago and everyone landing got put in proper isolation before been released into the gen pop. If you land you been on the plane with 500 people. then your going throu customs then you have to get home. get food ect. You can't just get off a plane then sort yourself out. it's impossible without coming into contact with people. Self isolation just doesn't work.
I think they need to start preparing makes shift hospitals and proper isolation blocks.
I think China example on how to stop a disease out break and the way they reacted to it was pretty impressive. I know the problems to start with denying it and making it worse but they went hell for leather to put a stop to it.
I'm stuck in Oz for the next three months at least, all good though I have a course to work on. The states are locking down one by one. I'm in NSW and the premier will be announcing the closure of schools and non essential services in the next 48 hrs.

So when I'm out of self isolation next weekend I can't do anything anyway, although I suspect my workplace training can be knocked over in May. Might even be able to pick up a few shifts as they need healthcare workers.

But all good, I support it and it's for the best.

Facebook and the internet are getting a good run from me!
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:12 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Effective from 23.59 23/03 Singapore will not permit entry or transit from anywhere in the World.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

The lady Jacinda is not for messing around - I think things will start to move fairly quickly from now on and feel that we are only a couple of days away from level 3 and probably level 4 by end of the week. My thoughts are that the weekend is probably not the best time to tell everyone not to go to work on Monday and so we'll have a couple of days max to get our shit together before things start to shut down and instructions are given to simply stay home.

People are already getting to that point themselves; our local mall was half empty yesterday with plenty of parking (never been known before).
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

JaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond repute

Why are cruise ships still docking and unloading? 😬
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneRiley
Why are cruise ships still docking and unloading? 😬
By the time major cruise companies ceased any new voyages last week, there were a number of ships that that were already in NZ waters, they were allowed to stay and finish their journey before going back to wherever they came from.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 8:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Civil Defence team training nights for the Nelson area are on hold for the foreseeable future. I. I believe it is the same for LANDSAR

Maintenance and equipment checks will be done on a roster basis to ensure they are ready when called. Training & exercises will still happen but in a different way. Part of learning for this pandemic. They've got 'homework' . I am not sure I wish to be MrsZombieWalkingDeadApocolyseNow for MrBEVS . I can see mucho sticky tape across me gob and mummified immobilisation.

Seriously. They are starting to ensure they can mobilise with the right stuff in place. For that they need to also ensure as best they can that they have followed Govt directives but more importantly that they have minimised possible contact. The teams come from all walks of life.

Nothing from MrBEVS employer so himself will be trying to corner H&S Worksafe chappy today . Bloke is 70 though so might have self isolated. .
We decided that if the employer will not begin protective procedures then MrBEVS might bin the job for our own sakes. We'll take the big hit best we can. As you all know he is a plumber/gasfitter. They often work in pairs/teams alongside other tradies. They can be in any environment day in day out. We need better than ad hoc on the day to protect ourselves. A bit of hand sanitiser gel and rubber gloves don't begin to do it.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:31 pm
`

Every part of me is willing this to happen right now , this minute.

We drove out yesterday and you would have thought there was no problemo out there. People were carrying on as usual. Full coffee shop. Full bursting tennis court. Active well attended domain , skate park, playground.

Mar 23, 2020 10:22 AM RNZ live

The Prime Minister's former chief science advisor says the best thing New Zealand could do is go into extreme shutdown now.
Sir Peter Gluckman says the evidence is mounting that to move the equivalent of alert level four immediately is appropriate.
He tweeted this morning that community transmission will happen without absolute precaution.
Sir Peter was the government's top science advisor from 2009 to 2018.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:01 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
We drove out yesterday and you would have thought there was no problemo out there. People were carrying on as usual. Full coffee shop. Full bursting tennis court. Active well attended domain , skate park, playground.
Excellent. As soon as the body count picks up we can start the less politically palatable measures.

​​​​​I dropped into the super to buy some teabags the other day, the only section that was empty was the biscuits. It appears some peoples plan is just to live on biscuits for a month?
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 1:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Changes to alert level.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 1:43 am
`

YES !

Thank goodness. Better late than never.

The Prime Minister has announced that New Zealand is now at COVID-19 Alert Level 3 and will move to Alert Level 4 in 48 hours.
BTW I got called in for the flu jab . Clinic shuts at 4.30pm. I rocked up at 2pm but they had run out.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 4:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

By the look of it Kiwis have inevitably headed straight for the supermarkets to panic buy which has caused stampedes and looting. A proud moment for New Zealand.

​​​We've not even got to the difficult part of enforcing the quarantine yet. Better get the army onto the streets or this will become a total shambles.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 4:54 am
`

Originally Posted by Charismatic
By the look of it Kiwis have inevitably headed straight for the supermarkets to panic buy which has caused stampedes and looting. A proud moment for New Zealand.

​​​We've not even got to the difficult part of enforcing the quarantine yet. Better get the army onto the streets or this will become a total shambles.
MrBEVS said he saw similar on his way home. He passes a couple of the larger supermarkets in the city. Queues out of the door and he defo saw security for one of them. Mentals.

Civil Defence are first in line to people control. So MrBEVS stops work for lock down and out he goes to help corral fools. Rather hoping it will not come to that as he could then not come home for a while.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 6:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as soon as Jacinda said Level 4 that was it, complete and utter chaos at the shops, not that I went shopping just driving passed.
I finally got my DD back thankfully. very odd not being able to cuddle her, must of looked like a complete loon as I just jumped up and down on the driveway as they came in.
DH and her are now on self isolation, DH as he collected her from the airport.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Everything I have said about Jacinda I now retract, this had to happen and fair play to her for striking hard now. Let's just hope we can keep cases down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.