Coronavirus

Old Mar 18th 2020, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Other good news I guess the makers of spam will never have had it so good; no doubt we'll soon be seeing t'internet inundated with 100 Pandemic Recipes on how to use up your Spam, pasta and tinned peaches.

What's for dinner?

Well, there's egg and bacon
Egg, sausage and bacon
Egg and spam
Egg, bacon and spam
Egg, bacon, sausage and spam
Spam, bacon, sausage and spam
Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam
Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam tomato and spam
Spam, spam, spam, egg and spam
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam
Ugh...I can't say I've ever had spam, I guess if I can cope with Bunnings sausages I should cope with that.

So much for me getting healthier in the last year, I've lost 12kgs and still going...looks like I'm not eating now...
Old Mar 18th 2020, 10:47 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
spam
I'd rather take my chances with the virus thanks.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I'd rather take my chances with the virus thanks.
Best be sticking to marmite on toast I'm guessing 😁
Old Mar 18th 2020, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

However because OPEC+ is having a family feud I filled my tank for $1.74/l at Gull today which is about 50c less than a few weeks back. So...some good news?
It's still 2.05 in my wee town
Old Mar 18th 2020, 9:04 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
It's still 2.05 in my wee town
Should take your chances venturing out. Oil prices fell 24% yesterday alone and that was from a low base.
​​​​
Old Mar 18th 2020, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well Jetstar are one of the airlines that have suspended all international flights from 31st march till end of May so I'll take the credit voucher and enjoy my time here and get back when I can, which won't be Anzac day but there are people in worse situations, upside is once I'm out of self isolaton I can do more work experience and spend time with my daughters.

Downside is it is only a week next Monday, I'm usually on my own but now bored out of my mind and going down a you tube and internet rabbit hole 😮

It could be worse. Staying positive as usual 😊

Old Mar 19th 2020, 3:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Mishclark
Staying positive

Old Mar 19th 2020, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

😂😂 That's me!!

Old Mar 19th 2020, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Coronavirus

Does the government have the physical resources it needs in New Zealand? In the UK the call went out to build more ventilators (JCB and Rolls-Royce are onto) but I've not seen anything from our government yet?
I was discussing this today with a friend who's husband is a consultant at North Shore Hospital.
Astoundingly, they currently have more ventilators than staff to operate them, and don't deem it necessary to start training people
On the whole they don't seem to be planning for the inevitable.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 12:41 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by hallie_day
Astoundingly, they currently have more ventilators than staff to operate them...
Might have to get a few more people to read the manual.

Interestingly I was talking to a family member in London who has flu (young and fit, should be fine) and I asked her had they made her do a test. She just said "No, they asked me to fill in an online form and when I submitted it the instructions said to self-isolate for 14 days. It said I'll only be tested if I have to go to hospital" and about that moment I realised that countries are flying blind on this and the numbers they are publishing are likely grossly incorrect. Apparently her husband told his employer, they wheren't worried and told him he was fine to come to the office.
​​​​
With that story of gross negligence I bid you good night and wish you good luck. My god we're going to need it!
Old Mar 20th 2020, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

The graph on Stuff website (on multiple pages) comparing rate of cases against first case detected is quite worrying when you see nz is growing a fair bit faster than italy and rest of europe!
Old Mar 20th 2020, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
The graph on Stuff website (on multiple pages) comparing rate of cases against first case detected is quite worrying when you see nz is growing a fair bit faster than italy and rest of europe!
Pretty scary!

Lucky I'm a good cook, I'm going to have to get creative, especially when I'm out of self isolaton.

Day 5 glass half full- I'm healthy, safe and a good cook.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

My husband was at his parent's last night when his twin brother turned up at the door and 'surprised' them.
Because we've been in the UK they haven't seen each other for 4 years so much hugging and drinking and catching up. They all had a late one and my husband ended up staying the night.
Which would be fine if my brother-in-law hadn't rocked up straight from the airport and an incoming flight from LA.

My father-in-law is 75 and has a heart condition, my mother-in-law is an ex nurse who should know better.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly I was talking to a family member in London who has flu (young and fit, should be fine) and I asked her had they made her do a test. She just said "No, they asked me to fill in an online form and when I submitted it the instructions said to self-isolate for 14 days. It said I'll only be tested if I have to go to hospital" and about that moment I realised that countries are flying blind on this and the numbers they are publishing are likely grossly incorrect. Apparently her husband told his employer, they wheren't worried and told him he was fine to come to the office.
​​​
I'm not seeing a problem here.
She has the flu, he doesn't, he will be fine unless he also gets the flu, in which case he will have the flu
With the flu she may be more vulnerable than usual, probably wise to not risk it and self isolate. He still doesn't have the flu and she still doesn't have covid-19.

Am I missing something....🤔

Old Mar 20th 2020, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
Yeah If been looking at that the past few days.
Think it's just a matter of a week to 10 days and the numbers will be off the charts if it goes along with the same statistics from the other countries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.