Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Coromandel, Hahei and Leadfoot Festival

Coromandel, Hahei and Leadfoot Festival

Old Feb 9th 2015, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coromandel, Hahei and Leadfoot Festival

Looks awesome and sounds like you had a great time.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 9:13 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Cathedral Cove. Quite a hike, but worth it!

Old Feb 9th 2015, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you enjoyed it so much. I love the Coromandel. (Cathedral Cove is even more of a hike with a whingey 4 year old who wants to be carried the whole way. Still worth it though)
Old Feb 10th 2015, 3:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Coromandel too. Cathedral Cove is a real hike when it's sheeting down with rain on the way there and on the way back. Was literally soaked through to my skin despite the rain-proof jacket. Happy days

Great photos Rob.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 6:55 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Want to see some massive panorama images?
Click the link for big version - up to 36 megapixel panoramas.

Viewpoint near Hahei

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/...60aa3cb3_o.jpg

Top of the road to Cathedral Cove

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8570/...9a292619_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7332/...69b663ba_o.jpg

Random beach near Coromandel

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7330/...cfa68f22_o.jpg

Near Coromandel

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7410/...ee069777_o.jpg

Cathedral Cove

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8574/...f2ff94be_o.jpg

Leadfoot Festival

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7325/...d90da4e6_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7460/...47dc31d5_o.jpg
Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

THose are fab photos as always Rob.

I particularly like the one where you are all smiley smile and the building at the beginning which looks like a log house.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:12 pm
Happy in Wellington

The house - it's the Coromandel Driving Creek Railway building. That came out so well - I didn't tweak the colours or brightness, it really was that bright!
Old Feb 12th 2015, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

westie1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice photos thanks for posting them. Saw a few video's of the mazda rotary's racing.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 7:10 pm
Happy in Wellington

Got to love the sound of a tuned rotary. Or in this case a quad rotor with 539 wheel horsepower.

Old Feb 18th 2015, 10:10 pm
Happy in Wellington

In case anyone's interested - article one from the trip:

2014 MINI Cooper 5 Door – Road Tested – A MINI for the whole family? | Auto Clique NZ – On-Line Car Magazine, Automotive News & Car Reviews
Old Mar 16th 2015, 12:46 am
Happy in Wellington

My Leadfoot writeup

The 2015 Leadfoot Festival | Auto Clique NZ – On-Line Car Magazine, Automotive News & Car Reviews
Old Mar 17th 2015, 1:53 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent photo's Rob. Breath taking. I've been to the Coromandel. My husband has a friend who lives in Whitianga. We've done all the Hot Water beach, Cathedral Cove, up hill railway thing.

My husband bought his best pair of jandals in Thames. As such I've christened them his Coromandel Jandals !

I remember the smoked fish in the 'smoke house' in Thames which we bought for our picnic. Delicious.

I began my life long love affair with carrot cake in the Coromandel.

We were there for a holiday a couple of years ago and it's still all great, like it was back in the 1990's the first time I visited ! Buffalo Beach is a lovely vantage point to watch the sunset. So is Sailor's Grave beach.

Nice cafe's in Thames. The museum is interesting too.

You can catch a ferry from Thames across the estuary and walk the 3kms to Mercury Wine estate. Yum. We also drove along to Cooks Beach and saw the information board relevant to Cooks Landing.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Mar 17th 2015 at 1:55 am. Reason: last time wasn't the first time