Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Convert Cars to RHD in New Zealand

Convert Cars to RHD in New Zealand

Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

xpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nice
Default Convert Cars to RHD in New Zealand

Hi All,

We're heading to NZ soon and were considering importing our cars. They are currently in UAE with LHD vehicles. We want to know if it is possible to import them and have them convert in NZ rather than doing them here.

Greatly appreciate your comments.

Thanks.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:03 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Convert Cars to RHD in New Zealand

Originally Posted by xpatadventure View Post
Hi All,

We're heading to NZ soon and were considering importing our cars. They are currently in UAE with LHD vehicles. We want to know if it is possible to import them and have them convert in NZ rather than doing them here.

Greatly appreciate your comments.

Thanks.
It can be done here but it's not cheap.

What cars are they??
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

xpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nicexpatadventure is just really nice

We have a Toyota Camry Hybrids and VW Passat. Do you have an idea of their costs?

Thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:54 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xpatadventure View Post
We have a Toyota Camry Hybrids and VW Passat. Do you have an idea of their costs?

Thanks
I'll get you some quotes but the Passat could be bought here, in RHD, probably for less cost than the shipping and conversion of your own car.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

RickAlbany is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirplug View Post
I'll get you some quotes but the Passat could be bought here, in RHD, probably for less cost than the shipping and conversion of your own car.
I'd say that would be the same for the Camry Hybrid
Old Dec 24th 2010, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by sirplug View Post
For a conversion, you'd be looking in the region of NZ$5000 - NZ$7500 per car. Add to this the cost of shipping and registration and I'd seriously look to sell there and buy here......