Contract phones

Old Aug 27th 2011, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Claire C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contract phones

Hi,

I have just moved to NZ last week from the UK and still have a year left on my contract phone, didnt realise I would be moving when I took the contract out.

Have been told by T-mobile that I need to pay off the remaining £400 to get out of the contract or keep paying the monthly bill. Not too happy as they aren't exactly providing me with T-mobile service and charging crazy rates for me to use the phone, not sure what to do

Was anyone else in the same situation and what did u do?

All help appreciated!
Old Aug 27th 2011, 11:38 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contract phones

You gotta love T Mobile, I was with them for years and years, realised i was getting nothing for paying alot and wanted out, for that plus a whole host of other reasons. So in answer your question, as i only had a few months left of the contract I paid it off, as did a few others i know.

I was just going to stop the direct debit then i figured what would that do to my credit history/scoring.

Is it worth calling them back and saying to them you can't afford the full £400 and could you meet them half way as this would put you in serious financial hardship .

Be warned when i wanted out of my contract not only did i get stung for the remaining contract but also some sort of admin charge .

J
Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

fychan66 is an unknown quantity at this point

can you see if someone back in UK will buy the phone/contract off you then you can just transfer the contract over. My son did this but can't remember what supplier it was though.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 8:35 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Can't see why you need a UK credit history, so just say sod it.