Containers?

Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Containers?

Hi was wondering if anyone can tell me, do you have to have the big 20 foot containers (or whatever size they are) I'm not sure I want to take the big stuff and i hope to get rid of the stuff we dont really need before we go so we would mainly have boxes.

Last edited by Lee Lee; Apr 26th 2009 at 8:27 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Containers?

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Hi was wondering if anyone can tell me, do you have to have the big 20 foot containers (or whatever size they are) I'm not sure I want to take the big stuff and i hope to get rid of the stuff we dont really need before we go so we would mainly have boxes.
You can share a container with someone else. This will delay your stuff arriving though whilst they match you with others to get a full container. Sorry, not explaining this very well after a sleepless night. Someone else will explain much better!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
You can share a container with someone else. This will delay your stuff arriving though whilst they match you with others to get a full container. Sorry, not explaining this very well after a sleepless night. Someone else will explain much better!
Its called groupage. You all have a certain cube of the container betwixt a number of persons..they apparently seal each bit with plywood so I understand. I have heard its cheaper but by how much who knows??? I would get a quote on a 2o footer then see what the partial cost is..there may not be much difference..also be careful what you bin as many say that the quality and cost of replacement is onerous and many wish they had bought all they had..we certainly did..bought everything that is. We bought a high cube 40 footer over...never regreted it once.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Its called groupage. You all have a certain cube of the container betwixt a number of persons..they apparently seal each bit with plywood so I understand. I have heard its cheaper but by how much who knows??? I would get a quote on a 2o footer then see what the partial cost is..there may not be much difference..also be careful what you bin as many say that the quality and cost of replacement is onerous and many wish they had bought all they had..we certainly did..bought everything that is. We bought a high cube 40 footer over...never regreted it once.
See, I knew someone would explain it much better

We brought everything too & no regrets. Decent stuff is very expensive IMO.
Old May 12th 2009, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Hi Lee
You have said you dont want to bring the big staff, all I would say if its not old you should bring it as furniture can be expensive in NZ the one item you could leave behind is a walldrobe as many of the home have them fitted but saying that it could always come to some use even in a garage.
You have no need to get rid of TV as they do work in NZ on Sky, also ensure that if you bring bikes that you Power WASH them first(car wash will be fine) and you can do the same with the garden items just dry out and re paint act. I come into contact with lots of people from the uk that wish they had not left it all behind even the fridge will come in handy as a bar fridge in the garage for the wine and beer!!!
Hope his will help
Lin
Old May 13th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Wellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to all

We nicked a bit of space from friends who came over a few months before us and that really help because we put all the "extras" that we thought we wouldn't need but did.

For the main move, we got a quote from pickfords to deliver 20 size A cartons and we fitted the family's essentials in there. You know, things like, kid's toys, kid's toys and err... kid's toys, and of course, my wife's entire wardrobe.

I bought over a couple of pairs of socks and some old chewing gum on the bottom of my spare shoes.

Pickfords charged us £25 per carton so we made sure the value of the goods was at least that... though somebody mentioned earlier that re-buying in NZ can be expensive, and I agree.

One thing I would recommend however, is to bring several UK four-block electrical sockets. Kiwi plugs and fittings are un-fused, difficult to wire, and expensive.

If you have UK four blocks you only need to change the plug on them and keep all your appliances with UK fused (and safer) plugs.

I might add that we still have a garage full of stuff back in the UK, including the car which we couldn't sell without being utterly ripped off.