Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

container here today, really impressed with the packers

container here today, really impressed with the packers

Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all
Default container here today, really impressed with the packers

Well, that day finally arrived. We were up till 2 30 yesterday doing last minute packing and up at 6 this morning. Everything went smoothly and the packers were brilliant, we had Nick and Ady from PSS. They are returning tomorrow to finish off and then that's it.They really did take the stress out of a difficult situation, we were so relieved to see everything going to plan. It didn't augur well yesterday when I walked into the wheels of a suitcase and spent a few hours in a&e! Apparently I dislocated my toe, not good timing at all. However the doctor put it back into place so I was able to continue with the packing., albeit in pain but at least I could weight bear. I'll breathe a sigh of relief when its all done
Old Aug 7th 2013, 12:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: container here today, really impressed with the packers

I suppose dislocated toe injury is a change from immigration finger syndrome.

Professional packers are amazing to watch . I distinctly remember my settee going out a window. Seemed to me it was levitated by just a couple of fingers to glide smoothly away.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I suppose dislocated toe injury is a change from immigration finger syndrome.

Professional packers are amazing to watch . I distinctly remember my settee going out a window. Seemed to me it was levitated by just a couple of fingers to glide smoothly away.
I know what you mean. When we moved here the packer's representative came with a clipboard and tape measure about two weeks before the big day. We showed him everything that was going and he stickered, measured and noted it.
On moving day a truck turned up with three huge wooden packing cases with fronts removed. The packers proceeded to put everything in these so that you couldn't have got a credit card in the gaps.
I was so impressed, I wanted to marry one.
Pete
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

Ha ha, that made me laugh Pete! I can't believe how quickly they can make the contents of a house disappear. That's it, all gone now, next time we see it will be in NZ .
Old Aug 11th 2013, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

Kazandav,

Who did you use to get your belongings to NZ?

KWB
Old Aug 11th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

Pete made me la ugh too. fingers crossed ours will go as smoothly. We're using Pickfords. Good luck - I think you arrive in Christchurch just a couple of weeks before us!
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi KWB, we used PSS. So far great and hope it all goes as smoothly in NZ plus they were the cheapest at 3557. They also managed to get quite a bit extra in despite the estimator saying we would be over. We kept some things till the end just incase and were really pleased to fit them in and the extras. Pinksar, we are going to Dunedin. Not sure of exact date yet but towards the end of September. I've been looking at flights, prices are around £850 which I thought was expensive. Who did u book with?