Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Container delivered without MAF or Custom inspections

Container delivered without MAF or Custom inspections

Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Container delivered without MAF or Custom inspections

Just had our container delivered, it was authorised for delivery BEFORE it got into port, delivered 5 days after it arrived and without any inspections

It appear that from the paperwork MAF & Customs decided it didn't need inspecting
Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container delivered without MAF or Custom inspections

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Just had our container delivered, it was authorised for delivery BEFORE it got into port, delivered 5 days after it arrived and without any inspections

It appear that from the paperwork MAF & Customs decided it didn't need inspecting
We're at the other end of scale, they're taking FOREVER.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

They never inspected ours either, we put it down t the fact it was New Year and they had a backlog over Christmas,
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering ...

We're shipping quite a bit of sports gear and a bicycle and it's MPI who are holding it up.

So have/did you ship much, of any items of this ilk?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

We had 5 bikes, some camping equipment but not tents, 2 sets of garden furniture and a kayak as well as all the other usual stuff

Hope yours gets sorted soon.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Good one.

Ours didn't get an inspection either as it turned out, after investigation. That was despite ours containing work tools, camp stuff, his sports stuff and all stuff like that

The third party deliverer tried to levy a 'service fee' against us for several hundred dollars but we refused this and in the end paid nothing.

Way to go Moonie.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:46 am
JPA
Forum Regular

JPA is an unknown quantity at this point

We had 5 bikes, some camping equipment but not tents, 2 sets of garden furniture and a kayak as well as all the other usual stuff

Hope yours gets sorted soon.
That's great news. I hope the same happens for us in about 4 weeks from now! Also coming into Wellington.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:46 am
JPA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Just wondering ...

We're shipping quite a bit of sports gear and a bicycle and it's MPI who are holding it up.

So have/did you ship much, of any items of this ilk?
Where are you guys shipping into? Just thinking that could make all the difference on the speed of processing.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JPA
Where are you guys shipping into? Just thinking that could make all the difference on the speed of processing.
You make a good point.

Auckland.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:22 am
JPA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
You make a good point.

Auckland.
Busiest of all I guess. Still - at least its onshore now and can't be too much longer.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

We brought plastic dog beds with us which I sterilised with Jeyes fluid. That, and the motorbike guaranteed that they would inspect our container.

When we got our stuff delivered the plastic dog beds turned up OK, but we got a note saying "MAF have destroyed the dog bedding"

We didn't bring any dog bedding, and to this day I can't think what they actually did destroy I'm not missing it so it mustn't have been important

Jan
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JPA
Busiest of all I guess. Still - at least its onshore now and can't be too much longer.
Hopefully.

We got an email from the 3rd party in NZ to tell us it was all clear, almost immediately followed by an email saying "Actually, no. Disregard. MPI haven't cleared it. As you were".

Or something to that effect.

It's not too much of a ballache at the moment, for one nothing we don't really have anywhere to put it, but the $35 a week storage is a god send.

Also, I'm not yet gainfully employed and didn't travel over with a hell of a great deal of smart clothing, so it'd be handy if I could get my hands on my suits, shirts and ties before I do commit to a job.

Going shopping for that stuff here is probably two weeks wages. I'd rather have another two weeks off!!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Daisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond repute

TommyLuck - can you tell me more about your $35 pw storage? Just in case I need it when my container arrives. Thanks.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Zuzuspetals is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news and I bet very nice to have your own things to hand again!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPA
That's great news. I hope the same happens for us in about 4 weeks from now! Also coming into Wellington.
Hey give us a shout when you get we'll meet up. Do you know where you'll be staying yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.