Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Container delivered without MAF or Custom inspections

Container delivered without MAF or Custom inspections

Old Aug 8th 2013, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container delivered without MAF or Custom inspections

Just spoke with NZ Van Lines ( we were PSS too) and she says it shouldn't take nearly as long as a month. Have you rung and shaken them up a bit Tommy?
Old Aug 9th 2013, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Just spoke with NZ Van Lines ( we were PSS too) and she says it shouldn't take nearly as long as a month. Have you rung and shaken them up a bit Tommy?
You may have put my wife in to a bit of trouble, as she's been dealing with the shippers and my information is through her.

I'll check ...
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
You may have put my wife in to a bit of trouble, as she's been dealing with the shippers and my information is through her.

I'll check ...
Oh don't blame her! NZ Van Lines could have been feeding me a whole heap of sh*t for all I know! Fingers crossed for us all!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Oh don't blame her! NZ Van Lines could have been feeding me a whole heap of sh*t for all I know! Fingers crossed for us all!
6 of one, half a dozen of the other having looked at the email exchanges and given them a buzz.

It turns out pretty good for us though.

We complete on our property on Tuesday and take delivery on Wednesday morning.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

6 of one, half a dozen of the other having looked at the email exchanges and given them a buzz.

It turns out pretty good for us though.

Excellent news, that's your one out of the way then...space for ours!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

...space for ours!
Ha, ha.

True!!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Whoop whoop, way to go
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Whoop whoop, way to go
Real life returns.

Bugger ...
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

Our container was packed on Tuesday and Wednesday and apparently set sail yesterday with a due arrival date of 22nd September. I believe you can track it and although it sounds a bit sad I'd love to do it. Has anyone else tracked theirs?
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:56 am
JPA
Forum Regular

JPA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazandav
Our container was packed on Tuesday and Wednesday and apparently set sail yesterday with a due arrival date of 22nd September. I believe you can track it and although it sounds a bit sad I'd love to do it. Has anyone else tracked theirs?
Oh yes. one of my new hobbies. Ours is currently in Sydney. Two weeks before it gets here as it just missed its connection.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Use this one
http://www.searates.com/container/tracking/
It has a map and shows the ship as it progresses, it give you a geography lesson as well

BE WARNED it it is addictive, lol
Old Aug 11th 2013, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

Ooooh thanks jpa and Moonie. It left folkestone yesterday so won't have got very far. I just need to find the container number now and then I can do it.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ooooh thanks jpa and Moonie. It left folkestone yesterday so won't have got very far. I just need to find the container number now and then I can do it.
I track mine too last port was Hong Kong.
I use www.marinetraffic.com . Just type the ships name in top left box.
Word of caution i tracked 'our' ship for weeks whilst it went between Antwerp and uk several times. When I queried it with PSS I was told container had been transferred to another ship...phew that was much nearer!
Old Aug 11th 2013, 10:05 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we did this, it is addictive and frustrating when you see if docked at various places and even more so when you see it in Auckland and think Brilliant us next for it to sail on pass Wellington and pop over to Christchurch first.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 11:37 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Real life returns.

Bugger ...
Hi tommyluck,

I got a phone call on Friday asking if they could deliver that afternoon. I said yes straight away. They came at 1pm as stated. Them guys can lift heavy stuff and make it look easy. Unwrapped my beloved smeg fridge and it had 3 big dents in it.

My best friend bought me a pot African oven from Africa for my 30th birthday. Came smashed to pieces. I cried like a fool in front of the guys. Was just so overwhelmed with everything. Spoke to my sister in tears. Going to pick myself up and get on with it. Put a claim in. Can't let myself get any further down.

It is great to have my couch I have a bed too! Slept like a baby on Friday night.

Good luck with your stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.