Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Container is away!!!

Container is away!!!

Old Mar 25th 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Container is away!!!

Well, that's the container off on its merry way to Wellington. Still doubtful that the garden furniture is going to get past MAF unscathed but I'm past caring now.

It was a bit of a last minute rush as I have had shingles (preceded by a chest infection). That is what you get when you sell a house and move, leave work, plan a wedding and an emigration within six months

So we have a sofa, a blow up bed and a telly (plus all cooking equipment) for the remaining six days.

Dogs go to Golden Arrow on Tuesday, then Thursday we are off with a three day well-earned mini-moon on an Aussie beach en route.

I doubt it will be any less stressful for a wee while yet - we don't have anywhere to live haha. Still, Pointer has a job so we won't be destitute.

More excited than stressed now though. Just the farewells to go, but I'm read for that...here we come.......
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default Re: Container is away!!!

Best Wishes on your New Adventure.

No luck on our side with our house selling any time soon. So we are off to Validate our Visas in 4 weeks time spending Easter in Sydney 1st then 18days travelling around North Island on a Recce again.

Keep an eyeout for a Mobile home with the Driver trying to keep eye on road and watching out for the Idiots

Ian.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

That is so exciting ~ can't wait until we are at your stage!!! You will manage camping out for a while until the move, when do you leave for NZ? Where are you going to live? We are about to submit application, have meds booked, police checks sent off for etc. Just waiting for ex to give permission to take daughter. It is so exciting ~ Good Luck
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
Well, that's the container off on its merry way to Wellington. Still doubtful that the garden furniture is going to get past MAF unscathed but I'm past caring now.

It was a bit of a last minute rush as I have had shingles (preceded by a chest infection). That is what you get when you sell a house and move, leave work, plan a wedding and an emigration within six months

So we have a sofa, a blow up bed and a telly (plus all cooking equipment) for the remaining six days.

Dogs go to Golden Arrow on Tuesday, then Thursday we are off with a three day well-earned mini-moon on an Aussie beach en route.

I doubt it will be any less stressful for a wee while yet - we don't have anywhere to live haha. Still, Pointer has a job so we won't be destitute.

More excited than stressed now though. Just the farewells to go, but I'm read for that...here we come.......
superb, its all under control now and your almost here Im sure the furniture will be sweet