British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Container arrives tomorrows (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/container-arrives-tomorrows-719759/)

Mrs Pointer Jun 6th 2011 7:36 am

Container arrives tomorrows

Well our stuff arrives tomorrow - cannot wait. We've coped not too bad with our padded deck chairs, blow up bed and Mr Rental TV, washing machine, fridge and microwave! We bought new kitchenware with our wedding money. But man am I looking foward to sitting on a settee and getting my nik naks and pictures.

MAF arrive at half 3 to check my hoover, bikes, etc. I still think it's daft that they want to see my artificial tree and my never been used dog bedding but heyho..

Settling in well (after 2 months), and the only thing that gets on my wick is the damp. Roll on the new house with double glazing and central heating! That's what you get when you choose a rental based on the view and not windows. I've not had to stick newspaper in gaps in a window since 1986. Still, when the sun's shining it's well worth it :thumbsup:

Oh and the rubbish TV - at least the DVD player arrives tomorrow. but then we didn't come here to watch tv.

keeny Jun 6th 2011 9:28 am

Re: Container arrives tomorrows

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer (Post 9412866)
Well our stuff arrives tomorrow - cannot wait. We've coped not too bad with our padded deck chairs, blow up bed and Mr Rental TV, washing machine, fridge and microwave! We bought new kitchenware with our wedding money. But man am I looking foward to sitting on a settee and getting my nik naks and pictures.

MAF arrive at half 3 to check my hoover, bikes, etc. I still think it's daft that they want to see my artificial tree and my never been used dog bedding but heyho..

Settling in well (after 2 months), and the only thing that gets on my wick is the damp. Roll on the new house with double glazing and central heating! That's what you get when you choose a rental based on the view and not windows. I've not had to stick newspaper in gaps in a window since 1986. Still, when the sun's shining it's well worth it :thumbsup:

Oh and the rubbish TV - at least the DVD player arrives tomorrow. but then we didn't come here to watch tv.

:thumbup:. Hope you enjoy the unpacking! I found that bit hell, but then the smell of 'home' coming from the bedsheets was sooo good! (they were vacuum packed so retained their lovely clean smell) :)

Debbie2NZ Jun 6th 2011 10:40 am

Can you remember how to reassemble your flat pack furniture, your dining table, your t.v. stand etc ? Good luck instructing your movers for this (as you won't remember yourself) then doing the rest of the assembling yourself when they've left for the day.
I could get a picture but no sound from the portable t.v. we arrived with so it's a good as useless. Fortunately, the widescreen t.v. works well with both sound and pictures. Can't believe how much British t.v. has 'followed' us from Britain ! Couldn't stand watching it there either !

florabundi Jun 6th 2011 6:27 pm

That is brilliant ~ it will feel like Christmas, opening all those boxes:D Have fun and take care of your back!

jengrantmorris Jun 6th 2011 7:17 pm

Ooooh, I'm jealous! I can't WAIT till our stuff arrives (about 4 weeks after we arrive - so about 6 weeks from now). It sucks living with the bare basics for so long. Have fun! Hope everything arrives in one piece and you're settled with your stuff soon.

rick78 Jun 6th 2011 10:34 pm

Excellent!

We're the other end... three weeks today they come to pack up and we're sorting stuff now...

Mrs Pointer Jun 7th 2011 8:59 am

Everything arrived in good nick - even the Billy bookcases from Ikea. I haven't checked all the breakables yet, but I have to say Anglo Pacific packed the stuff very well.

My back is killing me but it is great to have a sofa to sit on.

The hubby is in Auckland for a few days, funny how he was working away when they packed it as well :sneaky: Still, he cleaned all the outdoors stuff and MAF came and went with no trouble at all. :thumbsup:

I was very happy to see my hoover (2 months and 2 dogs = bad carpets) but less pleased to see the bathroom scales (grown too fond of Kiwi beer!)

DandJMay Jun 7th 2011 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer (Post 9415748)
Everything arrived in good nick - even the Billy bookcases from Ikea. I haven't checked all the breakables yet, but I have to say Anglo Pacific packed the stuff very well.

The hubby is in Auckland for a few days, funny how he was working away when they packed it as well :sneaky: Still, he cleaned all the outdoors stuff and MAF came and went with no trouble at all. :thumbsup:

I was very happy to see my hoover (2 months and 2 dogs = bad carpets) but less pleased to see the bathroom scales (grown too fond of Kiwi beer!)

Hi

Really glad all your cooking pots and chattels arrived safely, we are using Anglo to, they arrive on 4 July, so it is nice to hear they pack everything well.

I have my Mr Rental bits arriving soon, but ooohhh how I long for my own sofa!!

Enjoy
j x

alanmacc Jun 8th 2011 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer (Post 9415748)

Aint it just great when the container arrives, its like christmas all over again, now comes the harder part deciding if you actaully need everything you brought with you

jengrantmorris Jun 8th 2011 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by DandJMay (Post 9415992)
we are using Anglo to, they arrive on 4 July, so it is nice to hear they pack everything well.

I have my Mr Rental bits arriving soon, but ooohhh how I long for my own sofa!

What are you renting? We need to rent a fridge for 4 weeks or so until our stuff arrives but I thought Mr Rental wanted 12 or 24 month contract. I'm having a hard time finding anywhere to rent from so we'd decided to buy a cheap one on TradeMe and sell it when our stuff arrives.

DandJMay Jun 9th 2011 5:20 am

Hi

I am renting a bed, fridge (with freezer box) and front loading washing machine. I thought the same as you but I looked on their FAQ's section and they say they can do short rents for people like us.

I looked at few other places but Mr Rental came in at a good price and their customer service was spot on.

Hope this helps, oohh by the way I am in Invercargill

J x

Mrs Pointer Jun 15th 2011 8:37 am

We used Mr REntals...you do pay a bit more the less time you rent, but we had ours on a month to month basis ie as long as I needed them. Very good service, lovely delivery guy.

The only thing that got broken on the journey was a cheapo Ikea glass lamp so again, Anglo Pacific get a big tick. (As did Golden Arrow for looking after my boys so well).

It feels so good to have our stuff - but yes, why are there so many boxes of stuff in the garage. Oh yes, that's the stuff that usually moves attic to attic. :p

Has made the shed (aka the rental house) seem much more homely. Am a happy bunny.