Reload this Page >

Container alternatives?

Container alternatives?

Old Sep 26th 2012, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

mattandlaura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Container alternatives?

Hi,

My wife and I are looking at what we'd like to bring to NZ, and to be honest I think even a 20ft container would be too much space, so what are the other options?

Would it be better to just bite the bullet, get a container and fill it with ikea furniture?! Even if we sell it over there!?

Thanks!
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Hurtle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Container alternatives?

You can share a container. Talk to the shippers, PSS, Doree Bonner etc. They will come and do a quote for you.

Worth shopping around, we need a 40' container and quotes vary by £2500 !!!

Shared container will be much cheaper than a 20' on your own, but will probably take longer to get your stuff shipped.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

adotie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Container alternatives?

Share a container - called 'groupage'. We used this as we were over a 20' but under a 40'. It's a lot cheaper. Took around 8 weeks to arrive. Not too much longer than normal, and it gave us plenty of time to sort out our rental here. Most of the shipping companies do this so talk to them about it, although be wary of any of them trying to sell you a full container, we had a couple of them do this to us when we clearly didn't need it.