Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Contact names for employers in EOI...

Contact names for employers in EOI...

Old Mar 12th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough
Default Contact names for employers in EOI...

Quick question please, as I finalise the details in my EOI:

I have been working as a contractor, so there are several pages of relevant employment to complete. I notice that one of the mandatory fields is for 'contact name', but I know for certain that many of the people who employed me no longer work for those companies - either they too were contractors, or they have just moved on anyway. Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Likewise, if I put the agents name (for the agency that I would have used), I cannot be sure that they will still work there - they move round pretty quickly too!

Sorry if this question has appeared before, I'm sure I'm not the first to struggle with it!

BTW - is the next draw this Wednesday, or is it next week?

Thanks!
JaneAS
Old Mar 12th 2007, 5:18 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contact names for employers in EOI...

Afraid I can't help you with the names thing. I just put my boss' name in as he knows of our plans.

The last draw was on 28th Feb so the next one is this Thursday in NZ so yes, this coming Wednesday for us.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 5:22 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JaneAS

I have been working as a contractor, so there are several pages of relevant employment to complete. I notice that one of the mandatory fields is for 'contact name', but I know for certain that many of the people who employed me no longer work for those companies - either they too were contractors, or they have just moved on anyway. Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Likewise, if I put the agents name (for the agency that I would have used), I cannot be sure that they will still work there - they move round pretty quickly too!

Sorry if this question has appeared before, I'm sure I'm not the first to struggle with it!

Thanks!
JaneAS
you could always put "HR/Recruitment Officer" for now and in your ITA write a covering note saying your manager/agency at the time was. I understand head of that department is now blah blah.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 7:26 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
JaneAS
Hiya JaneAS

I think I understand how you work

My OH had a large chunk of his previous work experience through agencies. He had to get a letter from each agency confirming

Job Title on Each Contract
Start & End Dates
Hours Worked
Amount Paid
References from as many of individual jobs as possible
Personal Reference from the Agency

Also if you have gaps of any considerable period of time, you must be able to offer an explanation.

Sounds a nightmare, but the agencies we used have all provided the information.

Remember, that NZIS will NOT accept emails, faxes or anything not on letterheaded paper

HTH
Old Mar 12th 2007, 11:36 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work for an agency and used to encourage employers who had contractors to always refer any reference request back to the covering agency (this is to protect the end client company for all sorts of reasons) - therefore in my experience you should put the agency for each assignment as per the previous post. Even if an agency contact has moved on any agency worth their salt should easily be able to track back and confirm start/end dates client name and the assingment project name and job title. They should be able to do this quickly for you as most places just have standard letters they churn out all the time for references.
good luck!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

Thanks folks. I finally submitted the EOI this morning.....

It was a little nerve wracking last night as I tried to check through it, since the NZIS website kept crashing! Then this morning, after I had entered my credit card details, it briefly said they'd been approved.... and then the site crashed again!!!!

I had to wait until I came into work, to check the status of my application!

Now a bit more nail biting as I wait for the Pool draw.....

JaneAS
Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:45 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks. I finally submitted the EOI this morning.....

It was a little nerve wracking last night as I tried to check through it, since the NZIS website kept crashing! Then this morning, after I had entered my credit card details, it briefly said they'd been approved.... and then the site crashed again!!!!

I had to wait until I came into work, to check the status of my application!

Now a bit more nail biting as I wait for the Pool draw.....

JaneAS
Good Luck!!! there's another draw tomorrow
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:52 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck, JaneAS! How many points did you submit with? I'm really nervous about tomorrow's draw.