Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Contact lenses online

Contact lenses online

Old May 22nd 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contact lenses online

Thanks for your good advice.

However, I would like to point out that not all of us are stupid and using out of date prescriptions or have bad hygiene habits.
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:41 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Thanks for your good advice.

However, I would like to point out that not all of us are stupid and using out of date prescriptions or have bad hygiene habits.
no but over 80% don't comply with hygiene or wearing times or replacement times and that is a pretty big majority! My experience is that the vast majority of contact lens wearers are completly oblivious / disregarding to the risks. many also knowingly disregard advice then have problems and then turn up at casualty expecting the public purse to sort them out, when there are people who are going blind through no fault of there own are on waiting lists! I have little sympathy with people who knowingly disregard professional advice sneeringly and then come bleating! \hard i know but I have had to take the moronic abuse when this happens.
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40
no but over 80% don't comply with hygiene or wearing times or replacement times and that is a pretty big majority! My experience is that the vast majority of contact lens wearers are completly oblivious / disregarding to the risks.
Im sure, but we are talking about having a prescription and walking into a High St shop and paying $270 for a simple re-order, or paying $160 on-line.

That said, the company does need to come up with the goods, and to date they have failed miserably!
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:28 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Browner_
Im sure, but we are talking about having a prescription and walking into a High St shop and paying $270 for a simple re-order, or paying $160 on-line.

That said, the company does need to come up with the goods, and to date they have failed miserably!
i notice that itis a n.z. company u have ordered from. This could be a n.z. problem. Depending on the make of lens. I ordered 1 type of lens for a patient direct from the sole importer, it took over 2 months to fill as there were no stocks in australasia they had to br made in hong kong. it would have taken max 48 hours in the uk. It is the same with spec frames all the popular co;ours are out of stock and when the suppliers put their orders in they are only part filled. Unfortuneatly n.z. is a very small market and the suppliers would rather keep their main markets sweet.
I don't know what type of lenses you are wearing but do remember that the internet sites have now overheads with regard to continuing education equipment retail rental rates etc, which all have to be paid 4. Also the can't give any advice to you. Most optometrists here do the same as in The U.k. and price these factors on to the product rather than into their fees, though there are a few that do it differently.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I tried INFARVISION, which were hopeless and I gave up on them. Never answered calls or emails.

This time I have ordered from ClearlyContacts (www.clearlycontacts.co.nz ) which has provided an excellent service.

I ordered the lenses over the phone (from Vancouver) and they were here in NZ within a week.

Taking into account Howdens' concerns, the main reason I ordered from abroad is that you dont seem to be able to get 1 day Acuvues in NZ any more. Only the "moist" ones which I dont like nearly as much.

So I have managed to get the old "1 day Acuvues" from abroad for NZ$257 for 180 lenses (inc delivery). Not exceptionally cheap, but I dont know where else to get these lenses from(?)

I have had an eye test from an optometrist here, which they didnt charge for, so I get the best of both worlds.

Last edited by Browner_; Mar 5th 2009 at 9:57 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

try here:

https://www.clearlycontacts.co.nz/co...prod91505.html

http://www.opsmdirect.co.nz/johnson-...ct-lenses.html

My wife and daughter by them also will find out where from
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Lensesonline, I get my son focus dailies 90day supply with delivery $170.00 bargain. Exactly the same as from the optician who were charging $130 for one months supply