British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Conquer Cancer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/conquer-cancer-805495/)

gazmfc Aug 9th 2013 8:53 am

Conquer Cancer

Our three year old daughter (Jasmine) was diagnosed with an inoperable Brain Tumour 14 months ago. We watched as she endured various cancer treatments, operations and hospital visits. We were helpless to do anything about it and we were obviously devastated by the diagnosis.

We sadly lost our little baby a month ago, we miss her terribly and every day is a struggle just to get out of bed.

However, Jasmine taught us to make the most of every day and enjoy every moment. I believe Jasmine brought us to this beautiful country and I have made a promise to Jasmine to try and make a difference. I have committed the rest of my life to help raise funds to assist in the search for a cure for this terrible disease and to help children and their families suffering the same trauma we have been through.

My first venture in fund raising comes in the form of a bike ride in November for Conquer Cancer. It amounts to 200 km in two days in the rolling countryside around Auckland - not an easy task for a 40 something who hasn't even sat on a bike for over 30 years! It will be a tough challenge but I am determined to get across the line in the allotted time.

Please click on the below link to find out a little more about Conquer Cancer and/or make a donation.

If you can afford a little to help then just click on Donate, enter my name Gary Smith (Team Jasmine Faith), click on my name to go to to my web page and click "Donate Online Now" and follow the simple instructions.

http://ak13.conquercancer.org.nz/sit...=ak13_homepage

Thank you in advance.

Gary

cappuccino Aug 9th 2013 11:05 am

Re: Conquer Cancer

Sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful daughter Jasmine. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Good on ya for the bike ride challenge and your fundraising.

All the best.

gazmfc Aug 9th 2013 11:13 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 10842343)
Sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful daughter Jasmine. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Good on ya for the bike ride challenge and your fundraising.

All the best.

Thank you so much cappuccino.

And thank you and best wishes to all those people who have donated, I hope to do you all justice in November! :fingerscrossed:

gazmfc Aug 10th 2013 7:16 am

Thanks for moving my post up the page Admin. :thumbsup:

britsinnz Aug 10th 2013 7:51 am

I'm so sorry for your loss, nothing hurts worse, I know. Thank you for the link, we'll be supporting you. Best of wishes.

gazmfc Aug 10th 2013 8:06 am

Originally Posted by britsinnz (Post 10843689)
I'm so sorry for your loss, nothing hurts worse, I know. Thank you for the link, we'll be supporting you. Best of wishes.

Thank you so much for the message and donation.

Hope you're okay! :(

Rosemary Aug 13th 2013 9:57 am

Just want to say that I am so terribly sorry to read about your loss and to wish you luck on the cycle ride.

Rosemary

gazmfc Aug 13th 2013 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 10848258)
Just want to say that I am so terribly sorry to read about your loss and to wish you luck on the cycle ride.

Rosemary

Thank you Rosemary.

love30stm Aug 14th 2013 7:04 am

So sorry for your loss, good luck with your cycle ride

Bev

gazmfc Aug 14th 2013 9:04 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10849891)
So sorry for your loss, good luck with your cycle ride

Bev

Thank you Bev.

gazmfc Aug 14th 2013 10:42 am

1 Attachment(s)
Why I'm raising money for Conquer Cancer!

Rosemary Aug 14th 2013 1:25 pm

Such a little beauty.

Rosemary

scrubbedexpat094 Aug 14th 2013 10:13 pm

So very sorry for your loss Gary, Jasmine was a beautiful little girl. I wish you every success with your bike ride & your fund-raising.

Much love to you & your family xxx

Sue Aug 17th 2013 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by gazmfc (Post 10850151)
Why I'm raising money for Conquer Cancer!

Sending big HUGE hugs to your and your family {{{{{{{{{{:heart:}}}}}}}}}

gazmfc Aug 18th 2013 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 10855445)
Sending big HUGE hugs to your and your family {{{{{{{{{{:heart:}}}}}}}}}

Thank you Sue!