Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

conner brady - using an agent

conner brady - using an agent

Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

pcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to all
Default conner brady - using an agent

hi everyone,any body heard of or used conner brady as an agent?thanks....
Old Sep 1st 2011, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: conner brady

Yeah, me. What do you want to know?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

pcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to all

hello there,just wondering if they are any good,is it worth using an agent and about what would the total fee be about?thanks...
Old Sep 1st 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Default agency

has anyone used New Life Global as an immigration agent?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm here in Auckland so they must be, it's a bit hard comparing immigration advisors as they're the only ones we have ever used.

If you read this thread (link below) it'll give you our reasons for using an advisor and why we chose them

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722224

Total cost was about 4 thousand pound, half up front and half when you're ready to apply for visas n stuff.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

They were totally rubbish for us we got our money back and went with Sarah at NewZealand Shores (former employee) she was amazing and cheaper. Unless you have a medical condition or any convictions you probably won't need one as this form is brill!

I also see the have changed their name to new life global
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi guys.

I have no idea if the licensed advisors at the above company are 'good' or not. I think that my measure for an immigration agent, and I'm stressing immigration, is if they can solve difficult cases that have special circumstances.

You have an EOI with a potential of 135 points have you not. Your trade is plumber/gasfitter which isn't on the shortage lists at the moment but is seen as a skilled occupation.
Your wife is a fully qualified podiatrist who has allowed her UK nursing reg lapse.

This is a straightforward type application unless your quals aren't up to scratch, you know of health problems or your police checks would be dodgy.

If you are thinking of using a company like this in order to gain a job offer then I'd , personally , forget it. If you are freaked out with the paperwork , we can all talk you through it. If its the PGDB I can talk you through that. If it's about a job offer, then it really should be direct to recruiters, independent employers or accredited employers.

I know of a couple of immigration agents that have a proven track record.
One is Lane Neave. Jan n Neil from here used them and had a successful outcome.
The other is Peter Croxson. There have been several people on here use him and an Hungarian family we know personally used him. Their case wasn't straightforward due to the hungarian plumbers trade quals , his pay rate in NZ & the application had been rejected once. However, Peter Croxson presented the case and they gained PR.

Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

ps: Using an agent gives you no more advantage with NZIS then if you do it yourself. They have no special extra powers to get your EOI pulled from the pool at all. That is strictly points driven according to selection criteria.

As a plumber/gasfitter with an EOI of 135 points and without a job offer ( we can check your points for you if you give us the details) ,if you were successfully pulled from the EOI pool and the paperwork was OK'd by NZIS you would most likely be offered a WTR visa. This allows you an open working visa to arrive here and find work in your trade.
For any application you will need to have your PGDB pre-assessment sorted. So, if you gained a WTR visa + you would already have your PGDB pre-assessment , an NZ plumbing company would maybe give you a shot simply because you would already have your paperwork in place & could be used as cheaper trade labour until you gained your full PGDB registration.

pps: I would also think that most agents would bite your hand off to take your money with the potential application you have there.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: conner brady - using an agent

Originally Posted by pcmay10
hi everyone,any body heard of or used conner brady as an agent?thanks....

Connor Brady and Paul Goddard used to be "New Life New Zealand"
Went their separate ways and formed rival companies!

Ditto what Bevs says about agents though, if you have an uncomplicated case DIY is the best, and cheapest way to go.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Paul went to work for another company doing really well for himself. He's a nice guy
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
Paul went to work for another company doing really well for himself. He's a nice guy
We met Paul at a seminar thingy, came across a a nice genuine bloke.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

He is genuine guy tells like it is
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul is a nice guy, so are Connor and Catherine at New Life.

If we hadn't have used an Immigration Advisor I wouldn't be sat in NZ right now, I'm terrible at paperwork and sorting stuff so it would have just not got done.

Our move to NZ had a fair few complications and it's great having someone in NZ sorting everything out and always just a telephone call away. Even now having been here 3 months Catherine at New Life is very helpful and still sorting things out for us. They really do know there stuff about everything.

It does cost a small fortune but for us that was the difference in moving here and not.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Paul is a nice guy, so are Connor and Catherine at New Life.

If we hadn't have used an Immigration Advisor I wouldn't be sat in NZ right now, I'm terrible at paperwork and sorting stuff so it would have just not got done.

Our move to NZ had a fair few complications and it's great having someone in NZ sorting everything out and always just a telephone call away. Even now having been here 3 months Catherine at New Life is very helpful and still sorting things out for us. They really do know there stuff about everything.

It does cost a small fortune but for us that was the difference in moving here and not.
It's usually money (you need in NZ) down the drain.
An agent can only fill out what you tell them, so you still have to do the work for them, it is just structured differently since they don't come to your house (like House) and look through your documents so you don't have to...you can do your EOI online for goodness sake, why would you want to waste money on an agent?
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by luvwelly
It's usually money (you need in NZ) down the drain.
An agent can only fill out what you tell them, so you still have to do the work for them, it is just structured differently since they don't come to your house (like House) and look through your documents so you don't have to...you can do your EOI online for goodness sake, why would you want to waste money on an agent?
Didn't you read my post, I wouldn't have done it had it been left to me.

I didn't have the time to go through everything making sure I'd done everything right, it's expensive but we got here.

I'm not going to regret it and regret the expense, it worked and it's worked for others.

Do you understand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.