Reload this Page >

connecting flights

connecting flights

Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

rupert_pumpkin will become famous soon enough
Default connecting flights

morning all,

flying out to nz early june, the cheapest flight i can find is heathrow-singapore-auckland, but only has 70 minutes between arrival and departure in singapore - is this enough time?

also, if the first flight is delayed, do the airline pay for me to go ont he next available flight or just leave me stranded (singapore air by the way)

any advice or past experience's would be appreciated

cheers
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:17 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: connecting flights

Originally Posted by rupert_pumpkin
morning all,

flying out to nz early june, the cheapest flight i can find is heathrow-singapore-auckland, but only has 70 minutes between arrival and departure in singapore - is this enough time?

also, if the first flight is delayed, do the airline pay for me to go ont he next available flight or just leave me stranded (singapore air by the way)

any advice or past experience's would be appreciated

cheers
70 mins should be enough. Those nice uniform girls meet you as you disembark and point you in the right direction, so look out for the placards at the arrival gate.

If it is Singapore all the way, don't worry, they will definitely find you another flight free of charge if you are unlucky enough to miss the connection.

Last edited by Don; Apr 12th 2005 at 5:32 am.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Sally1 will become famous soon enoughSally1 will become famous soon enough

Fantastic airline if all Singapore Airlines. You get off one flight and are shown the direction for your connecting flight. We chose to stay overnight in Singapore for the break or there are other options of staying a few hours in a hotel room at the airport.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:55 am
Just Joined

rupert_pumpkin will become famous soon enough

thanks for the replies, will look forward to the nice uniform girls.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sally1 will become famous soon enoughSally1 will become famous soon enough

Yep, the girls are stunning and immaculate and so polite. My husband (on our homeymoon!) couldn't take his eyes off them! We travelled both nort hand south island in Jan for a mont, so let me know if you need any advice. Although it was a holiday for us as we had just got married, we used it as a fact finding tour too.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:54 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Yep, the girls are stunning and immaculate and so polite. My husband (on our homeymoon!) couldn't take his eyes off them! We travelled both nort hand south island in Jan for a mont, so let me know if you need any advice. Although it was a holiday for us as we had just got married, we used it as a fact finding tour too.
Totally agree about those singapore girls. For my Dads 60th birthday my sister & I treated Mum & Dad to Singapore for a holiday. Both Mum & Dad were taken by the beauty of the ladies on the plane & the wonderful service they got. Of course Dad at 60 thought those ladies were the highlight of his trip.
When I took my son to Singapore for his 13th birthday we flew Singapore airlines too & loved every minute of it. We flew CHCH to Auckland then direct to Singapore. Plane developed some mechanical problems on the flight to Auckland & we ended up staing a night in Auckland while they repaired the plane. Singapore Airlines put us up in one of Aucklands top Hotels for the night & due to the fact we lost a day of our vacation when we got home they sent us cheque for $200 in way of compensation so Id say as far as an Airline goes, they are right at the top!
Shepslady