British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Congratulations William & Kate, baby due next year (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/congratulations-william-kate-baby-due-next-year-842671/)

Snap Shot Sep 8th 2014 10:47 am

Congratulations William & Kate, baby due next year

She's got 'super morning sickness' and has cancelled her engagements for the next little while.

Bo-Jangles Sep 8th 2014 11:12 am

Re: Congratulations William & Kate, baby due next year

Ooh, if only I knew how I could knit the baby a new bonnet. :thumbsup:

Blade Down Under Sep 9th 2014 9:08 am

How convenient this happens when the UK is scared Scotland is going to say tarra

It reminds me of one of my favourite episodes of Spooks.

Home Sec: I want to lower the terror alert levels, the people need some good news

Harry: Then organise a royal wedding

Snap Shot Sep 9th 2014 9:14 am

[QUOTE=Blade Down Under;11397742]How convenient this happens when the UK is scared Scotland is going to say tarra

My sceptical husband is of the same opinion !

Would Kate and William pander to the Cameron government like this though ? I don't mean the conception, just the timing of the announcement that they've got another baby on the way.

Woodlea Sep 9th 2014 7:12 pm

If anything the announcement would encourage a YES vote from my experience of the Scots!

Jan n Neil Sep 9th 2014 8:51 pm

Could not be less interested in what a bunch of freeloading German/Greek snobs get up to :thumbdown:... Acute morning sickness my arse, get a job

Neil

Stormer999 Sep 9th 2014 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 11398673)
Could not be less interested in what a bunch of freeloading German/Greek snobs get up to :thumbdown:... Acute morning sickness my arse, get a job

Neil

+1 ;)

BEVS Sep 9th 2014 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Snap Shot (Post 11396357)
She's got 'super morning sickness' and has cancelled her engagements for the next little while.

If it will be anything like my neighbour went through, she is in for a very rough ride.
I wish her well.

Pom_Chch Sep 10th 2014 12:54 am

Kate has hyperemesis gravidarum (aka severe morning sickness). Basically chucking your guts up a few times per day, most days for the duration of the pregnancy, possibly landing in hospital from dehydration. My friend had it when she was pregnant with her first. Bloody awful and doesn't tend to subside until the baby is born :thumbdown:

Blade Down Under Sep 10th 2014 9:12 am

Just think of all that free treatment subsidised by the UK taxpayer she's going to get

Whilst if it was any of us, we'd be overloading an already stretched NHS since we can't afford US premium style private healthcare

But hey what do us left wingers know!