Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Confused. scared and driving myself mad!!!

Confused. scared and driving myself mad!!!

Old Oct 19th 2015, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Scouse Mummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused. scared and driving myself mad!!!

Originally Posted by Wetherallk
Hi there Scouse Mummy, I am in exactly the same position as you to the point I feel my head is going to explode! We are heading out in Nov for 3 week to hopefully secure a job offer in order for us to get a Visa.. I have all the same worries as you but feel its something we really need to do we are so stalled with our lives in the UK.. How are your plans going so far?? Its nice to chat to people in the same boat so to speak..

Thanks
Hi Wetherallk, am just in the process of booking my IELT test for Nov 14th and then if passed, will be able to start the process registering my nursing qualification wirh the NZ body. It's all scary but at the same time I feel excited!!! Good luck with your job hunting - let me know how it all goes 😊
Old Oct 19th 2015, 6:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

from the selection data it seems points over 100 with a job offer of skilled employment are being selected

2015 selections and NZ Residence Programme Factsheets - New Zealand Immigration Service
Old Oct 19th 2015, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Scouse Mummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
from the selection data it seems points over 100 with a job offer of skilled employment are being selected

2015 selections and NZ Residence Programme Factsheets - New Zealand Immigration Service
Thanks for that link - will have a look!
Old Oct 20th 2015, 5:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Scouse Mummy
Hi desmondo84, I've worked out my points at over 100 and have been told over 100 will get an EOI selected - hopefully I'm on the right track!!! 😉
Originally Posted by UktoNZ2016
We are in the same boat. Just waiting on IELTS results that take 2 weeks.

From what I know on here and researched I think you really need 140 plus as that's the bench mark for being picked with the best chance. Look at the NZ img website for points previously selected.

But I'm no expert.
As MrsF has pointed out , what you need is

1) Points of 140 or more for an automatic selection

2) or an application with a job offer attached but which comes in under 140.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 12:42 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone experiences every type of emotion when making the move. And iv experienced every type of emotion since being here.
I was really excited then my stomach would do leaps then I felt scared and sick.
I felt like throwing up checking in at the airport. It's such a huge move. You can't comprehend how draining it is mentally physically.
We move with a baby and a 2 year old and just a few suitcases and $1000 in the bank lol.
Since being here iv hated this place and loved it then hated it. Wanted to stay then go back ect ect.
Been here for 15 months and I finally feel settled and happy to be here